But, don’t worry if someone is continuously asking information by sending spam emails or disturbing you in any way, you can block that sender's email id in your Gmail account. Because Gmail also has a blocking feature which can be used to block incoming emails from someone on Gmail. Also, if you have mistakenly blocked someone, you can unblock that Gmail ID just by following few steps.
You can also take some necessary steps from your local authorities suggested by Gmail if someone harassing you via emails and Gmail strongly against these spam activities. In any case, Gmail support directly told to the users to block those email addresses if users feel something bad with those email ids.
…..so, if you are getting such emails in your inbox then block those without wasting any time. If you have sent an email to anyone by mistake then I have also written how you can retrieve a sent email in Gmail.
How to Block a Person on Gmail?Now, let’s discuss how you can block a person on Gmail step-by-step-
- At first, login to your Gmail account.
- After that, find out that person whom you want to block on your Gmail account so that you no longer receive any emails from that person. For an example: you can see we have chosen a person to block who is being shown on the top of our list.
- After that, click on that email to open. Then click on the drop down arrow which is showing on the right side.
- After clicking on the down arrow there, you will see a new dialogue box appears in front of you. Then click on the Block “sender name”.
- Then a pop up will come to confirm your selection. Just click on Block to continue.
#But, if you have blocked someone by mistake then you can also unblock that person by just following the below steps–
How to Unblock Someone on Gmail?If you blocked someone on your Gmail account and then realised that you did not want to block that person.
Then don’t worry. Gmail also has the feature to unblock any person you have blocked whenever you want.
Follow the steps one by one perfectly then you can easily unblock someone in Gmail —
- At first, sign in to your Gmail account and then go to the gear icon then click on it which you can find on the right side of the page and after that, there will appear a new dialogue box and here you can see a settings option then click on it.
- After clicking on settings there will appear a new window then find out the “Filters and Blocked Addresses” and click on it.
- After clicking on this, there will come a list of those blocked persons. Then there you can unblock that person which you want to unblock. Just give tick mark on the left side of the blocked person and then click on unblock which you can find below of the page.
These were the simple steps you can use to control any email id in your Gmail contact. So, if you want to block anyone you can do this by following the steps and also unblock them whenever you want.