One of the finest mail service available on the internet is known as Gmail. This a webmail service provided by Google which provides storage spaces to store messages and also provides an additional facility to search specific messages.
Google has the strongest security which protects its users from hacking and others cyber attacks. Although, the amazing part happens when this security system also protects your account from yourself.
Quite disturbing right?...
As this creates the problem while you forgot the user password of your Google account.
Still, you have the recovery phone number & an alternate email ID to reset the password again.
Remember, you can reset a new password but could not get the old one. Google does not have such an option. Only, one thing can help you in recovering the lost password by finding it on your browser.
Here, in this article, we are going to describe the ways to reset Gmail password even without using the recovery phone number. Check all the methods below and take action as per your choice:
Reset Gmail Password without using Recovery PhoneTrying to figure how to reset your Gmail password without involving your recovery phone number or recovery email? You might have forgotten your current password and maybe even your security question.
Here’s how you can do it:
This is how you get started:
- Go to the Gmail login page and type in your login username.
- Now, the page will ask you to fill in your password.
- Here as you are trying to reset your password hence go for the option below, you’ll see a ‘Forgot password?’ option. Click on that.
- Now on the new page, they will ask you to login by using your last password.
- Well, if you remember the previous password then you are good to go, if not then click on ‘Try another way’.
- Here, you have to skip through the options of resetting using your mobile number or a recovery email ID.
1) It is time for the next part. After you are done through all the options go to Google account support page.
2) Here they will be asking you a series of certain to verify that you are the account holder and not a bot or something.
3) Through a series of ‘Try another way,’ you will come to a point where you will be asked to fill in the month and year when you made the account.
4) Here, you have certain hope of recovering your email and resetting the password as per your liking.
5) Fill in the details and get going with it.
For these above two steps, you can use the same computer you were last logged in to that account.
1) If the above methods don’t work for you, then proceed to the next option. If your account is old enough then you will start getting your security questions next.
2) This stream of questions is previously answered by you and your current answers just have to match the previous one. Here, you are good to go.
3) To be very honest Gmail won’t take you that far. Also, the email recovery option working well is rare. It is all but a matter of chance and somewhat luck too.
In conclusion, If you still aren’t getting away then, well, you are in a fix. Your account is difficult to retrieve. Google won’t be of help at all. All you can do is keep yourself calm and try to remember your password.
Wondering why is it difficult to retrieve your Google account and reset your password?...
Google takes security very seriously and hence while setting up your account they ask you to have various backup and recovery options. It is advisable to keep them updated or set a password that you have no trouble remembering.
How Change Your Google Password?People have the misconception that changing Gmail password is tough. In fact, changing Gmail password is an easy process and this article will guide you how to do it.
Firstly, open your web browser (Google Chrome) and go to sign in page for Gmail or any other Google services.
After logging in with your details you will get access to your Gmail account.
Note: By signing in with your respective email and password, you now have the access to all of the Google products.
After you click, Google search homepage will open.
Now once the homepage is visible to the top right of the page where your profile picture is visible, just click on 'Google Account' button.
Now after you have entered into my account section just go to Sign-in & security, once you have done that sign in to Google.
Now go to the password section. Since your password is unique to your account, Google does its own security check by asking to log in again.
Note: If you have two-step verification enabled you will have specific code on your particular phone number.
Now finally you will get an option where you can type the new password. Just type the new password and click on the 'CHANGE PASSWORD' button.
Your password is now successfully changed!
How to Change the Password from Gmail Inbox? (PC)
- Now if the user wants to change the password from its Gmail inbox, then tap on the settings option present the right corner of the Gmail page.
- On the settings page click on the account and import section.
- Now as soon as click on the accounts and import link and tap on the change password option.
- Now the next steps are the same as the similar to that of the Gmail homepage. Then log in with your current password and then change it with a new password.
How to Setup Two-Step Verification in Google?Google came with an additional layer of security known as 2 step verification. In this case, Google tells the user that it is not solely dependent on password but is dependent on your mobile phone as well. Without your phone, the password is used. Now this article will show you how to do it
Step 1: Open the page which says two-step verification and clicks on the tab which says get started. Now login with your credentials to sign in your Google account.
Step 3: Now put the code that Google sends in your phone and then click 'Next'. Once you have completed this step, tap on the TURN ON to enable two-step verification.
By using Authenticator Application:Also, you can install the authenticator application, then select your specific operating system and then hit on Next.
Now leave this page and download the google authenticator application. Open the application and tap on begin setup. In this process, you will be asked to scan the code on your mobile device.
Enter the code that appears on the phone every time you log into Google.
How to Change Gmail Password on Android Mobile?Step 1
Go to your phone and open the Gmail app.
Now you should tap on the three-lines icon on the top-left corner.
Now from the list, tap on the 'Settings' option.
Here, you will get 'General settings' to go with it.
Once you open it, tap on the three-dots icon on the top-right corner.
Just select the 'Help & feedback' option to change or reset your password.
Now you will be redirected to 'My account' page and set or change the password (Sign-in & security) as per your choice.
Gmail Password Recovery via Phone Number ResetOften it happens that the user is unavailable in front of the desktop or in front of the laptop but wants to recover his Gmail password. In such cases follow the following steps.
Step 1: Make sure is the phone is connected to the internet and then open Google.com.
When you are about to sign in, you will see an option like 'need help?'. As soon you hit on the tab you will be redirected to a page.
Step 2: Click the option of your choice and then select continue. When you click on continue google will ask you a form basically known as a captcha. If you don’t remember the last password then skip this form and move to the next step.
Step 3: Now Google will ask you to verify your phone number, and give you an option that how will the user like its phone number to verify, will it be through text or by the call.
Step 4: Place the code that you will receive on your phone number.
Once you complete the above steps, you have successfully changed your Gmail password by resting your phone number.
These are the simple methods which you can use to change your Google account password as well as to reset your password if you forgot.