Do you need to make a conference call on WhatsApp? Yes, it is possible.
Before, WhatsApp didn't have that feature. But, a recent report of 2 billion minutes calls on WhatsApp inspired them to add the voice or video group call feature for both Android and iOS devices.
The most competitor of WhatsApp, Apple has offered its users to make group calls with FaceTime app and messenger added the feature already to make calls up to 50 people at once.
Also Read: How to Rejoin WhatsApp group after Leaving?
This incident forced WhatsApp to announce the group call feature to be added to their F8 event.
However, finally, in the midst of 2018, this promise came into action and now every user on their iOS or Android devices can make a group call on WhatsApp.
Now the new feature is added into the WhatsApp and you can make both video or voice call with up to 4 people at once.
If you are using an old version of WhatsApp just update and follow the steps below to make a conference call now-
How Can You Make a Video Call on WhatsApp?You can now make video calls to your contacts using your WiFi or using your personal data on WhatsApp. This application lets you connect to multiple callers worldwide for absolutely free.
- Open your WhatsApp then click on any conversation you want to call.
- You will see a camera icon at the bottom of that conversation window.
- Just, tap on that and now you're connected to the video call mode.
How to Make Group Call on WhatsApp?Again, this is a similar procedure to video calling.
- To start the group call, fire up a conversation & then click on the phone icon on the top right of the screen.
- Once your contact has received the call, you can then click on the '+ icon' on the screen and select up to 4 contacts to connect to a group call one-by-one.
- Click on the friend's name you want to add and wait to receive the call. You can do this with the running video call.
- Once your friend has accepted the call, click on the +icon again. You can add more contact up to four by the same process.
- Now, the screen will split into separate video feeds.
WhatsApp group call big drawbacks:Even after the feature is added still WhatsApp misses the few improvements in it.
i. WhatsApp added the feature but the calls are really late to deliver the voice while the messenger app is the best in this case.
ii. WhatsApp new version is not so much fast to connect or deliver calls.
Otherwise, some of the issues can happen due to low bandwidth. In that case, shifting your video group call to only voice conference call can handle the situation easily.
If you want to make a group call which should not be more than 4 people then WhatsApp is easy to go option in this case. However, keep a good data connection while making video calls. However, the voice group call is the alternative choice.