Your Quick Answer:
- If you’ve set your TikTok account to private, people that follow you will be marked as “Follow Request”. For people to follow you, you need to accept their follow requests. To see your following requests, tap on the “Inbox” icon on the bottom navigation bar.
- Once you’ve tapped on your inbox, you’ll land on the activity page. You’ll see all your TikTok notifications (likes, comments, replies) on the activity page. You’ll also be able to see your following request. Your follow requests can be seen at the top of the activity page.
- For example, if you have 5 follow requests, you’ll see the number “5” next to a red dot. Tap on “Follow requests” to see your follow requests. Now you can see all the requests you have received.
- To accept the following Requests, click on the tick mark beside them, and click the cross option to decline.
- If you switched to a private account on TikTok, people would have to send you a follow request to follow you. For them to see your videos, you need to accept their follow requests. Otherwise, they won’t be able to see your feed. If your account is public, you don’t have to worry about accepting follow requests.
Why Do People Get ‘follow Requests’ On Tiktok?
If you have a private account, you get ‘Follow Requests’ because the app lets you choose whose request you want to accept and who you wish to include in your closed ones in your follower list.
However, things are slightly different when you have a public account involved. In a public account, the user does not need to accept the ‘Follow Requests’ coming their way; in a public account, all the ‘Follow Requests’ get automatically accepted.
So, you get ‘Follow Requests’ only if the account you have is a private one and not a public one.
How to Find Follow Requests in TikTok?
Follow the steps below:
Step 1: Open TikTok and Login
Open your device and look for the TikTok app in your app gallery. Open the app, and it will bring you to the home screen of the TikTok app. You then notice a “Me” written in the right-hand side corner.
Tap that. Select “Sign up” after that. It pops up a new screen. To log in to your account, select “Log In” written to an option written, “Already have an account?”.
You get a series of options to log in to your account like phone, email, username, or continue with Instagram, Facebook, Google, or lastly, Twitter. Log In with whichever is convenient for you.
Step 2: Tap on your ‘Inbox’
Now once you have logged in to your account, the profile page is the one that appears on your screen. This is where you now see your username and following, followers count, and the videos that you’ve created and uploaded to your account.
Now for the next step, go to the bottom of the page, and you will notice there are five options. These five options are the “Home,” “Discover,” “Create,”
“Inbox” and “Me,” among these options, choose the “Inbox” option. Here the page opens, labeled as the “All Activity” page.
Step 3: On the Top, tap on ‘Follow Requests’ to see
Now on the “All Activity” page screen, you see an option on the top saying “Follow Requests,” and below that that you find all the people that already follow you.
Step 4: To Accept: Once you ‘Accept’ and Tick icon, then those are your Followers
Now tap the “Follow Requests” option, and you can see all those who have sent you follow requests and who want to follow you.
Now for the last step to accepting their request, you will notice a cross mark and a pink tick mark beside each following request you get.
To accept the following requests you want, all you have to do is tap on the tick mark beside them, and if you want to decline, all you have to do is tap on the cross mark. Now you can choose who’s “Follow Request” to accept and who’s not.
Video on How to See Follow Requests on TikTok App:
How to Make Tiktok Account Private?
Follow the simple steps below:
Step 1: Open the TikTok app
Open the TikTok app on your device and log in as you usually do with your information.
Step 2: Go to Profile
Now the home screen appears, go to your profile from the bottom right of the page.
Step 3: Tap on the Three-line icon
Now in the profile, tap on the three lines you’ll find on the top right of the page. Next, tap the “Settings” and “Privacy and safety” options.
Step 4: Tap on Privacy and safety
Once you go to the privacy, you can turn the private account option on. Now your account is private.
How To Know If Someone Declined Your Follow Request On Tiktok?
If the person has accepted your follow request, then their profile shows up on your page, and if it doesn’t, the only way to check if the person has or has not accepted your follow request is to go to their profile.
If you remember their username. If you see that their profile still has “Requested” written, then the person has not yet accepted your request or has not seen it yet. If you see the “Follow” option, you have been declined.
The Bottom Lines:
Like many social media platforms, when you create a TikTok account, your profile will automatically be made available publicly.
This means everyone on the platform can view your videos, can see your bio, can send you a direct message, and interact more with you. But the major feature of having a public account is that anyone, regardless of their country of origin, can follow you and thus access your TikTok profile.
Despite how popular the platform is, you can still control your privacy on TikTok. For one, you can switch your account to private to control who can see the videos you’ve uploaded. This means you will need to view and sort through follow requests.
- How to Get on the “For You” Page on TikTok?
- 3 Best TikTok Time Warp Scan Apps Online
- How to Reset TikTok For You page?
- How to Turn on Post Notifications on TikTok?
- What Does Clear Cache Mean on TikTok?
- You are Visiting Our Service Too Frequently on TikTok
- How to Change Your Birthday on TikTok?
- How to Get The Time Warp Scan on TikTok?
- How to Duet on TikTok? – Simple Steps
- Why Don’t I have the Repost button on TikTok?