If you want to make stories or reels attractive, using filters is the best way to do this. Instagram provides its users multiple filters for stories to make those look attractive.
But, you have to choose from the wide range of filters that are available and that’s the limit.
The most important part is, you can create your own filters using the tools provided by Facebook itself and for that, you need to sign in with the account you have Instagram registered.
To add the Instagram filters to existing photos or videos, first, locate the existing photo or video on your camera roll then upload the video and from the available filters just choose one to apply then you can save that video into reels. Alternatively, if you want to create your own filter then you have to use the Spark AR tools on your PC and then you can add the filter through your Facebook.
I just looked into many ways and actually, there is only one way and it’s simple to add story filters on your photos or videos from the camera roll on your Instagram app.
However, in this article, I will explain all and different ways to use the filters on Instagram and some modifications that you can make along with these filters.
How to Create your Own Instagram Filters?
If you’re on your Instagram, you can create your own filters through Facebook using Spark AR. This tool is quite popular now as this is offered by Facebook and using it you can create your own custom self filters on your Instagram.
✪ Features of Spark AR:
- You can choose varieties of effects to use on your photo or clips.
- Your custom filters are just ready within 20 minutes of time.
✎ Step to Follow:
To use the Spark AR tool, you will need a PC to create and edit the effects for your video and then you can export that to your mobile.
- First of all, download the Spark AR tool and log in with Facebook credentials.
- From the ‘Camera‘ option, choose the ‘Face Tracker‘ option and create effects.
- Next, upload the custom effects that you want to set.
- Once completed, go to the Facebook dashboard and get it verified.
Once the Facebook team verifies your custom filters, you can go ahead to use those.
How to add Instagram filters to an Existing photo?
Instagram has now added a new and amazing feature by which you can now add Instagram story filters to your existing photos or videos. Now if you want to add some cute touch to your posts, you do not need to retake them.
To add the Instagram filters to an existing photo,
- First, you need to open the camera of Instagram.
- Then select that already existing photo or video in your camera roll.
- After that click on the smiley face icon and select the filter you want to use.
- When you have selected your desired filter, it will be applied to your photo or video.
There is also another way to add a filter to your existing posts. To do so you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1 – The first step is to tap on your Instagram profile picture from the bottom navigation bar.
- Step 2 – Then click on the camera on Instagram.
- Step 3 – Select an already existing photo or video to which you want to add the filter.
- Step 4 – Then tap on the smiley face icon and a list of filters will appear in front of you.
- Step 5 – Select the filter you want to add.
- Step 6 – Tap on ‘Done’ and exit the filter carousel.
- Step 7 – Once it’s completed the processing, you can save or upload it to the story.
You have now flourishingly learned to add Instagram filters to your existing posts.
How to add Instagram Effects to existing videos?
After you know how to add an Instagram filter to your existing photos, it is now a piece of cake for you to understand how to add Instagram effects to your existing videos.
To add the effects on your Instagram video,
- Step 1 – First, open the camera on Instagram.
- Step 2 – After opening the camera you will find a filter carousel.
- Step 3 – Scroll through the filters and select the filter you want to use as an effect for your existing video.
- Step 4 – For a specific effect, you can search it by tapping on the browse effects.
- Step 5 – After you have finally searched for the filter you want to use, click on it.
- Step 6 – At last tap on the “Try it” option to use it. Now choose the video from the camera roll and apply the filter.
- Step 7 – Once it completes processing, you can save it by tapping the download icon.
This is how you can add Instagram effects to your existing video.
How to Organize Instagram story filters?
It can be very irritating when you want to apply your favorite filter to your story that you cannot find on time. To prevent yourself from this irritation and chaos of a long list of Instagram filters you should know how to organize them.
Step 1 – When you are posting a story or photo on Instagram click on the filter icon.
Step 2 – By doing this you will get to the filter option present at the bottom of the photo.
Step 3 – To arrange the order of filters according to you, you just need to drag and drop the filters.
Step 4 – Long press on the filter you want to move.
Step 5 – Then an option “Drag to hide” will appear before you.
Step 6 – After that, you can either move that filter or make it completely disappear by dropping it there.
Now with the help of these steps, you can easily manage your Instagram story filter for the next time you want to edit your post or story with your favorite filter.
How to use Instagram story filters on the camera roll?
Suppose you are scrolling through your Instagram and an amazing filter catches your eye and you want to use it when you post any photo or video. With Instagram, you can now save story filters and use them after.
To use the filters on your stories videos, lets know the process to find those first,
Step 1 – First of all, tap on the name of the filter that appeared in the top left corner.
Step 2 – You will get four to five options there which will be the “Try it” & Save effect icon and sending option.
Step 3 – To save that filter tap on the ‘Save effect’ + icon and it will be saved.
Step 4 – Now when you want to use that filter, simply to the Instagram camera.
Step 5 – At the bottom scroll through the effect by either swiping left or right.
Step 6 – Your saved filter will appear there and by clicking on it you can use that filter.
After attaining all this knowledge about Instagram filters, posting an amazing and attractive Instagram story or post is just a cup of tea now.
The Bottom Lines:
This is the Instagram generation and everything people do today is mostly for their Instagram stories whether it is doing any activity or eating at a high-end restaurant. However, the question that arises in many minds is how can they make their posts and stories more attractive. Just clicking pictures is not enough, these posts require some filters to glam up and seek attention. When it comes to filters, despite hundreds of apps that offer filters, Instagram still has the best filters among them all.
- What Happens if Someone Blocked you on Instagram?
- Find Out who Unfollowed you on Instagram – Best Way
- How to Video Call on Instagram on Laptop? – WORKING
- FIXED – Why is the Instagram Camera not Working?
- FIXED We limit how often you can do certain things on Instagram
- How to Add Instagram Filters to Existing Photos? – WORKING
- How to Remove a Remembered Account on Instagram? – 2021
- 7 Best Apps to Delete Multiple Instagram Photos or Videos
- FIXED – Instagram Music isn’t available in your Region
- Does Instagram Notify when you Screenshot Messages or Posts?