Your Quick Answer:
- To delete Instagram messages from both sides, you can use the Instagram API tool for iOS.
- You need to log in to your Instagram account via the app and then click and hold the message you want to delete.
- Click on Delete for all to erase the message from both sides.
- You’ll be able to use the application Delete for Instagram on Windows to erase chats and messages on Instagram.
- You need to log in to your Instagram account using the Delete for Instagram application and then from the chat screen click on the three dots icon. Click on Delete messages.
- You’ll need to mark and select the messages you want to delete and then click on Delete for all.
- On Android, the Insta Message application is the best one that you can use to delete messages from Instagram. You need to enter the Chats and Messages section and then after opening the chat screen click and hold the message that you want to delete and then click on Remove for all.
If you don’t want to use third-party tools, you can delete Instagram messages from both sides using the Instagram application itself. You need to click and hold the message and then click on Unsend.
Best Apps to Delete Instagram Messages from Both Sides
There are some apps that you can try to delete the Messages from both sides:
1. Instagram API tools (for iOS):
You can use the Instagram API tool on iOS to delete messages from both sides. It can not only delete the messages from both sides but you can also delete posts from your Instagram account. You might not get this app on the App Store but you can get it directly from the web. This application is only 2.3 Mb and can be used very easily to remove and erase sent messages from both sides.
- The app has a very simple interface.
- It allows you to delete messages from both sides.
- You can delete multiple messages at a time.
- It can enable you to delete old posts altogether by sorting them using dates.
- You can also delete comments from posts.
- This app needs you to log in to your Instagram account and then delete the required messages from your account.
- You can even sort out your notifications to delete the unnecessary ones.
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Download the Instagram application from the web and then Install it. Make sure that you’ve enabled the installation from Unknown Sources from the Settings.
Step 2: Next, open the application.
Step 3: You’ll be asked to enter the login details of your account.
Step 4: Therefore, you need to enter the username of your account and then the password correctly. Click on Login.
Step 5: On the main interface of the application, you’ll be able to see the chat box at the top corner of the screen. Click on it to open the chat section.
Step 6: You need to click and open the chat screen of the user whose chats you want to delete.
Step 7: Click on hold on a message to mark it and then click on Delete for all.
Step 8: The message would be deleted from both sides.
Step 9: If you want to delete a post, you can click on the profile picture icon that’s at the bottom left and enter your profile section.
Step 10: You’ll be able to see all your posts one after another. Click on the square boxes next to the posts which you want to delete.
Step 11: Then click on Delete to erase them from your Instagram profile.
2. Delete for Instagram (Windows):
You can use the application Delete for Instagram on Windows to delete all the messages on Instagram using your PC. You can choose to delete the messages from your screen or from both sides too. It doesn’t notify the other user that you’ve deleted the message, but as you delete the texts, it simply vanishes from the chat screen of both parties.
- This application can only be installed on Windows. It’s not compatible with Android or iOS.
- The app runs very fast in performing the deletion of messages as well as posts.
- It doesn’t send a notification to the user that you’ve deleted a message from both sides.
- You can use it to delete the chats of more than one user at a time.
- The application lets you see your old deleted posts and chats too.
- If you delete any chat or post by mistake, it will help you restore it on your Instagram account.
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: On your PC, download the app from the web.
Step 2: Next, you’ll need to install it on your computer.
Step 3: Then, open the application on your computer.
Step 4: This application requires you to login into your Instagram account first, so you’ll need to enter your phone number, username, or email address associated with your account and then enter your password.
Step 5: Next click on Log into account.
Step 6: On the right side of the main interface, there you’ll find the chat window with all the chats displayed one after another.
Step 7: If you want to delete all the messages from both sides of a particular chat, you’ll need to first open the chat screen of the user and then click on the three dots icon.
Step 8: Next, click on Delete messages.
Step 9: You’ll be asked to mark the messages by clicking on the circles next to the messages.
Step 10: Click on Select all and then click on Delete for All.
3. Insta-Message for Android:
For Android users, the best tool is the Insta – Message application. You’ll need to download this application on your Android phone and then use it for free. If you want to delete messages from both sides on Instagram this is the perfect application to do that as it has a very simple and user-friendly interface. It not only allows you to delete messages from both sides but you can restore them too when required.
- It allows you to delete messages from both sides without notifying the other user.
- This app even allows you to delete multiple messages at a time, even if the messages are delivered and seen by the user.
- You can delete posts after sorting them by date, time, and engagement.
- It allows you to reply to stories of Instagram users too.
- You’ll be able to message any Instagram account anonymously by hiding your username using this tool.
- The tool is very compact and small in size, which can even hide messages without deleting them. You can unhide them later.
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Download and install the application.
Step 2: Provide the application with the required permission.
Step 3: Open the app and you’ll be asked to login into your Instagram account from the app.
Step 4: Enter your login details on the login page and then click on Done.
Step 5: You’ll be able to get into your Instagram account via this application.
Step 6: After you enter the app, you’ll be able to see the Chats and Messages option.
Step 7: Click on it and you’ll be taken to the message section of Instagram.
Step 8: Next, open the chat whose message you want to delete. Click and hold the message to select it. You can select more than one message at a time.
Step 9: Then you’ll need to click on the trash icon and then click on Remove for all.
Step 10: The app will delete the message from both sides.
4. Instagram app:
The easiest way to delete Instagram messages from both sides can be done by using the Instagram app itself. This feature is an inbuilt one on the Instagram application and is available to all Instagram users. You can get this feature both on Android as well as iOS. However, you should use the updated version of the application to make sure that this feature is available to you. If you’re using an outdated version, update it as soon as possible to get this feature.
🔴 Steps To Follow: (Android)
Step 1: Open the Instagram application.
Step 2:If you’ve not logged into your account, then log in to your account using the correct login credentials.
Step 3:Next, from the top right corner of the homepage click on the message icon of Instagram.
Step 4:As the chat window appears, click on the chat to open it.
Step 5:On the chat screen, you’ll be able to see the messages you’ve sent and received.
Step 6:Click and hold any sent message, and then click on the Unsend option that appears at the bottom panel of the screen.
Step 7:The message would immediately vanish from the screen for both parties.
🔴 Steps To Follow: (iOS)
Step 1: Open Instagram on your iOS device.
Step 2: Click on the message icon to enter the chat section of the application.
Step 3: You’ll need to click on any of the chats whose messages you want to delete to open it.
Step 4: Then, click and hold the message that you want to delete and then click on the Unsend button that appears on the screen.
The Bottom Lines:
The apps that can be used to delete Instagram messages from both sides are mentioned in this article. Although Instagram allows you to delete sent messages from both sides, you can only unsend one message at a time using the Instagram application. However, you can use applications like Instagram API tools on iOS, Delete for Instagram on Windows, and Insta Message for Android to delete multiple messages from both sides.
- How to Fix if Instagram Archive Stories Missing?
- Can You Restore Comments on Instagram after Unblocking?
- How to Add Line Breaks in Instagram on iPhone?
- Can You See Who Views Your Instagram Profile?
- How to See Who Viewed Instagram Highlights After 48 Hours?
- What Happens When You like and Unlike an Instagram Post?
- Instagram Story Not Posting – What To Do
- How to Find Instagram users who don’t Follow you back?
- Why Does Instagram Show Error when Uploading Videos?
- What happens When you Delete a Conversation on Instagram?