Hiding the online status of WhatsApp is possible when you’re using the right applications to do so. You can certainly hide your typing status or online status from your WhatsApp contacts.
If you are using WhatsApp, it’s visible to all that our status is online. Even when you are typing a message or recording audio for someone, the person immediately gets to know about it.
You can surely turn these off by using a mod application of WhatsApp that works as an alternative platform of WhatsApp to turn the online status or typing status off.
Applications like GBWhatsapp, YoWhatsApp, Whatsapp chat reader is a quick solution to situations like these when original WhatsApp doesn’t allow the users to hide their online status.
There is a primary way to hide WhatsApp online status while chatting but here you have the apps & steps to use those.
These mod applications have got classic features that hide the online status, typing, or recording status by working through the application of WhatsApp.
In this article, you’ll get to know about how you can turn your online status, typing, or recording status off using alternative mod applications. If you’re wondering how you can hide your WhatsApp online status off, this is for you.
Can you Hide Online Status on WhatsApp?
WhatsApp doesn’t permit its users to hide their online status but it does provide an option to hide the last seen time from everyone. So no one gets to know the last time you were online.
You can hide your last seen time by getting into the Settings section of the WhatsApp application, then selecting the option Account. Tap on the option Privacy then you’ll be able to see the option Last seen as the first pick. Tap on it and choose Nobody to hide your last seen time from everyone.
But when you’re using WhatsApp to chat or for the purpose, it shows you ” online “. So everyone can know that your present status is online. It can’t be hidden directly using WhatsApp but some apps can hide it. Those are the mod applications that can be a solution to these situations.
Apps to Hide Online status on WhatsApp
Even these applications can hide the typing or recording status when you’re chatting with anyone on WhatsApp which the original application doesn’t do. Generally, when typing or recording audio to someone, it shows our status as Typing or recording audio which can be hidden using these applications.
So no one would be able to know if you’re online, typing, or recording audio. It will be hidden from the public.
1. GBWhatsApp – Hide Online Status
GBWhatsapp is an alternative platform of WhatsApp which lets the user hide their online status, freeze the last seen, and many more. This mod application provides the user with access to some features which the original WhatsApp doesn’t provide its users.
Let’s look at the few features of GBWhatsApp:
- They provide the option to hide the last viewed time or last seen.
- Provides with the choice of hiding the read receipt.
- It can also hide if the message is delivered.
- It can hide the last seen of the user from some specific contacts.
- You can set a group name up to 35 characters.
- It provides you with the ability to pin more than three chats at a time.
- It also has the feature that permits the user to copy the status just by tapping on it.
- Has the ability to hide the online status and stay online for 24*7.
- It can help to distinguish between normal and broadcast messages.
- It has the feature to hide the recording and typing status.
Steps to hide Online status:
This mod application of GBWhatsApp provides its users with features to hide their online status from the public so that even when they’re online, no one gets to know about that.
Follow the below steps to hide online status,
- Open the GBWhatsapp on your device.
- Now at the top right corner of the screen, you’ll find three vertical dots placed as a symbol. Click on it to open the More options menu.
- From the drop-down options click on the first one Privacy.
- As the next set of options prompt your screen, select the option Hide online status.
- Immediately it’s done and your online status will be hidden from the world.
Steps to hide Recording status:
To hide your recording status from the public,
- Open GBWhatsApp on your device.
- Click on the three-line sign at the top right corner of the screen.
- Then tap and click the first option GBSettings.
- On the next page click on the option Privacy And Security.
- Tap and select the option Contacts under the Privacy option.
- Then tick and check the box beside: Hide recording…. option.
Now it’s done. Your recording status won’t be seen by anyone.
Steps to hide Typing status:
If you’re trying to find out the steps to hide typing status using GBWhatsApp, you can do it by following the quoted steps:
- Open the GBWhatsapp.
- At the top right corner, you’ll find a three-line symbol. Click on it.
- Choose the option GBSetting from the dropdown choices by clicking on it.
- Now you need to click on the option Privacy And Security.
- Under the Privacy headline, you’ll see the option Contacts. Click on it.
- Now in the prompting white box, check or tick mark the box next to Hide typing…
This will hide your typing status and it won’t be visible from now onwards.
2. YoWhatsApp – Hide Online
YoWhatsapp is another mod application that works as an alternative platform of WhatsApp but with a more classic and useful feature that the original app doesn’t provide the users. It allows the users to hide online status from the public eye so that they won’t have any information if the user is online.
Let’s discuss the feature of this YoWhatsapp:
- It has a feature to auto-reply to messages. Delete multiple messages at once.
- It has a better-looking bubble and blue tick. Helps the user to hide the online status.
- It has a Do not disturb feature and inbuilt security to protect data.
- It can help the user to broadcast messages to 600 people at a time.
- It allows the user to use a 35 characters group name.
- You can even edit the interface of the application.
- It allows the user to send videos as high as 700 MBs.
- You can also send high-resolution images without ruining the quality.
Steps for YoWhatsApp:
You can hide your online status on WhatsApp when you’re using the YoWhatsapp. This technique is a little different which first freezes your last seen then turns it off so nobody can get to know about your online status.
To hide online status for WhatsApp chat,
- Open the YoWhatsApp application.
- At the top right corner of the screen, you’ll find the More options icon placed as three vertical dots. Click on it.
- Then click on FMModes.
- Now as you’re on the next page, click on the first option Privacy and security.
- Then enable the option Freeze Last seen.
Now your last seen time is frozen so no one can get to see if you’re online. The next part is to hide the frozen last seen time.
To hide the frozen last seen:
- Click on the three-dot sign.
- Then select the last option Settings.
- Now on the next page, click on the first option Account.
- Then select the option Privacy.
- Directly on the next page, you’ll finish the process by clicking on the first option Last seen, and then hide it by clicking on Nobody.
3. WhatsApp Chat Reader
WhatsApp chat reader helps the user to read and reply to WhatsApp messages without even having to open the original WhatsApp application for it. For that, the installation of the WhatsApp chat reader named ‘GB Chat off’ is required to carry on with the process.
To hide your Online status while replying to a WhatsApp chat,
- Install the ‘WhatsApp chat Off’ app from the web.
- Swipe to the right and then click on GRANT PERMISSION and then click on ALLOW on the next two prompting white boxes to permit e application to have access to your contacts, photos, files, and media.
- Then again click on GRANT PERMISSION .
- Grant the notification access to the app by enabling the switch next to the name of the app i.e GB chat off by swiping it right and then confirming it.
- Then come back to the previous page and click on Done.
- On the next page, click on the LET’S GO option on the white box.
- Now again click on the ALLOW button when the next box appears.
- Then click on LATER and the application will start working.
- Now when you receive any message on WhatsApp, read and reply to it using the app and your online status won’t be shown to anyone anymore.
The Bottom Lines:
As the original WhatsApp application doesn’t allow the users to have all these features by which they can hide the online status, typing, or recording status these mod applications are used as the alternative platforms with several other extra features. This allows the user to hide the online status from the world and stay online without worrying about anything.
- Get Notified when Someone Comes Online On WhatsApp – Working
- How to Know if Someone has Blocked You on WhatsApp?
- Identify Fake Social Media – Telegram, WhatsApp, Signal
- Know if Someone Muted Your Status on WhatsApp
- Send WhatsApp Message to Multiple Unsaved Numbers
- Stop or Block Messages on WhatsApp without Them Knowing
- How to Disable WhatsApp Calls? – Android & iPhone
- Find Out If Someone Uninstalled WhatsApp or Deleted – CHECK
- Cast WhatsApp to Firestick – WhatsApp on Firestick
- How to Show Offline in WhatsApp when Online? – while Chatting