If you want to stop receiving messages on WhatsApp without knowing them just go to the WhatsApp chat section and archive that contact. But, to block someone you have many ways to do that, then this content is for you.
You can even block WhatsApp calls for all unknown users.
First, let’s understand how to detect such contacts without having a conversation with them. Just use Spam Call Blocker App on your mobile.
Either Hiya App or Me app from Play Store can help you understand the unknown caller details.
- Just Install ME – Caller ID & Spam Blocker.
- Set up and keep running in the background.
- Whenever you get an unknown call, you will see the details.
So many reasons a person needs to block a WhatsApp contact. Honestly, WhatsApp doesn’t ask you any causes to block a number on WhatsApp.
Normally people ask for two types of issues related to blocking on WhatsApp.
Those are, How to block someone disturbing by messages & How to block a person on WhatsApp without knowing him.
If you need to block multiple contacts then just get contacts on WhatsApp by saving into the phone then perform the activity. These methods to block WhatsApp contacts works best on Android as well as iPhone and Desktop also.
Fortunately, both of those questions have the perfect outcome just by doing a few simple steps which are given in this article.
- But, you should know what happens when you block a contact.
1. What Happens if you block someone on WhatsApp?
i) WhatsApp Chat and Calls will not work anymore:
The chat and internet calls over WhatsApp will be disabled between you and the blocked one. New messages sent by the person (who is blocked), will not be delivered to you. If that person continues to send messages will see only one tick, means not delivered to you.
ii) The old Chat Remains Same as it was:
If you block someone then the chat (if exist) will remain the same to both (you and the blocked person). But, you can delete that chat manually anytime. Note that, there is no effect on doing this.
iii) Last Seen and Online Status will not be Visible:
But, there is a Catch.
…If you have been blocked by your friend in WhatsApp by a mistake, you will see a blank image for that contact or your sent messages will display one tick[not delivered].
In such cases just reach the person and request him to unblock.
If you need to block a number just open your WhatsApp and start the step-by-step process:
2. Steps to Block Someone on WhatsApp from Chat [To Avoid]
Follow the steps one by one perfectly to easily do this-
1. At first, open your WhatsApp account and click the CHATS tab.
2. Now, there all chats will be displayed. Just to block a particular person, click on the profile picture.
3. It will pop up a window. Just click on ‘(i)’ icon(options) there.
4. Now, it will display the profile information of that person. On the bottom, you will find a Block option. Just click on ‘Block’.
5. Here will come a confirmation message from WhatsApp. Then click on the OK button to confirm the block.
After you are done, the blocked contacts will no longer be able to call you or send you any messages.
But, this method has a limitation. You can only block your WhatsApp contacts in this process.
But, the bonus of this article is here. The GAME.
Do you think if this is possible to block a person on WhatsApp without knowing him?
Yes. It is possible.
Just add someone on WhatsApp into your contacts then follow the steps ahead.
3. How to Block on WhatsApp without Knowing Them?
There you will see Blocked contacts option. Now click on it.
A window will open which will allow you to select the contact you want to block in advance.
Just select the recently added contact which you want to block now. Upon selection, it will be blocked in seconds.
But for an unknown number, the steps are different.
4. How to Block a Person on WhatsApp if Not in Your Contacts?
1. At first, open the chat. This normally sends the seen signal to the sender.
2. Now click on the three-dots icon on the above right side.
3. It will display a list. Now click on ‘More>’.
4. Here it will show the ‘Block’ option. Now just click on Block. The number will be blocked instantly on your WhatsApp.
This is the way to block a mobile number on your WhatsApp if not present in your phone contacts.
Now, if you need to block someone again in the future then you can easily do this using the same methods. Just follow those steps and you can easily block anyone in WhatsApp.
- How to Stop Auto-Download in WhatsApp Web? – Ways
- Who Viewed Your WhatsApp Profile – Find it Out
- Dual WhatsApp Storage Problem & Folder is Missing – FIXED
- Parallel Space Facebook or WhatsApp not Working – FIXED
- Fix WhatsApp Web is Not Downloading Files – PDF and others
- FIXED – WhatsApp Images not Showing in the Gallery [Why]
- Send More than 100MB file in WhatsApp – Android & iOS
- How to Unblock Yourself on WhatsApp from Someone? – 2021
- Add WhatsApp Number to Facebook Profile, Page, Marketplace
- 6 Best WhatsApp Spy Apps for Android or iOS