Your Quick Answer:
- If someone blocked you on WhatsApp you’ll no longer be able to see their profile picture.
- If the person has deleted his or her Whatsapp profile, then the profile picture may also go blank and you won’t be seeing any DP of the user.
- If you’re seeing a blank picture instead of a profile picture of someone, then there may be a chance that the person has deleted your number from contacts.
- So if your number is not saved in his device and he has got his profile picture privacy setting as My Contacts then you won’t be able to see his or her profile picture as you’re not in their contact list.
- But if you cannot see someone’s profile picture it doesn’t mean that the person has blocked you on WhatsApp. There are several reasons that you can’t see someone’s profile picture.
If you’re not able to see someone’s profile picture there are chances that the person has removed his DP or he doesn’t even have any profile picture on WhatsApp at the moment.
Another reason might be that he has changed his privacy settings so that no one can see his profile picture.
In this article, you’ll get to know about all the causes when you can’t see someone’s profile picture on WhatsApp and you’ll also be able to find out if the user has blocked you.
Video on How to see Profile Picture if blocked on WhatsApp:
Watch the video below to see someone’s profile picture on WhatsApp if blocked,
Follow the video in order to unblock yourself on WhatsApp:
Can you see a Profile Picture if blocked on WhatsApp?
When someone blocks you on WhatsApp, you won’t be able to see their profile pictures. But there are several things that you won’t be able to do or other details that you won’t be seeing if you’ve been blocked by someone.
- If someone blocks you, first of all, you’ll not be able to see their display picture or profile picture instead you’ll see a grey or blank picture. But there are chances that the person has removed his or her profile picture or has changed the privacy setting to Nobody. You can get the surety that you’ve been blocked. So to be sure, you need to check all the other details like last seen, etc.
- As when someone blocked you on WhatsApp, you won’t be able to see their last seen time. So you won’t get any idea about when was the last time the person was online on WhatsApp. But that could also be the possibility that the person has changed her privacy setting of Last seen to Nobody. So if the last seen time of a person is not showing then you can’t be sure that the person has blocked you.
- You’ll not get to know if your friend is online on WhatsApp or not if the person has blocked you. But if the online status is visible, even though the profile picture is invisible you can know that they’ve not blocked you.
- If someone has blocked you on WhatsApp, then you would know about it if your message to the person doesn’t get delivered at all. So you won’t find the double grey tick next to the message but just the single grey tick which means sent. If you find that your message to the person is getting delivered, then you’ve not been blocked. But if the message doesn’t get delivered at all even after waiting for days, you should know that there’s a good chance that you’ve been blocked.
What does a Blank Profile Picture Mean?
If you can’t see someone’s profile picture, one of the possible causes can be that you’ve been blocked by that person.
When you cannot see a profile picture of someone, it doesn’t always mean that the person has blocked you. Although it may be the case that you’ve been blocked which is why you can’t see the profile picture, there are other reasons which can also be the cause of a blank profile picture. It can be that the user doesn’t have a profile picture at all as he or she has removed it, or has changed the privacy settings to My Contacts.
When you see a blank profile picture, you should know that it may be the person who has removed the previous profile picture and didn’t set any new one. So it remains empty and you don’t have any visible profile picture of her but just a grey blank page.
But it may not be the situation always as sometimes users don’t remove their profile picture instead they change the privacy settings. They change the privacy of profile pictures to Nobody so it wouldn’t be visible to anyone until the person changes it back.
There’s also the possibility that the person has deleted the WhatsApp account which is the reason you are unable to see the profile picture. If someone has deleted his or her WhatsApp account, then it won’t show any profile picture.
If you can’t see a person’s display picture and instead you can only see a blank profile picture, then it may be the cause that the person has deleted your WhatsApp number. If the person had set the privacy of profile picture settings as My Contacts then it would exclude you or any no. which is not in the contact list of that person from seeing the WhatsApp profile picture.
As your number is not in the contact list of the person anymore, you can’t see the profile picture.
Check if the Profile Picture is missing Due to Blocking
If you’re unable to see someone’s profile picture you can’t be sure that the person has blocked you. But there are other ways by which you can confirm that you’ve been blocked.
The following points will help you know about the ways to check and confirm that you’ve been blocked:
- If you’re in the same group as the person then you can send a message and check. First, send a message to that person and find out if your message doesn’t get delivered. If you find that the person is sending messages in the group but your message still doesn’t get delivered to the person, you can be sure that you’ve been blocked by him or her.
- Another way is by checking if the message is delivered or not. If you see no display picture of the person, then quickly send him a message. Now if you find a message is getting delivered which you’ll be able to understand if you see the double grey tick next to the message, you should know that the person is just offline and doesn’t have a profile picture. But he or she has not blocked you.
- There can be a reason that the person has deleted this WhatsApp account which you need to confirm. If you are not able to see the profile picture and your message isn’t delivered then there are some chances the account has been deleted by the user.
- You can check it by messaging the person using another WhatsApp account. If the same thing happens, that the message doesn’t get delivered at all and you cannot see the profile picture too, then the user has not blocked you but deleted his own WhatsApp profile.
The Bottom Lines:
If you can’t see someone’s profile picture on WhatsApp, it means they have blocked you. But that might not always be the case and there are a few causes like changing the privacy settings, having removed the profile picture, etc. You must know about all the ways to find out if they’ve really blocked you or if you’re just mistakenly assuming it without confirming.
- How to See Hidden or Blocked WhatsApp Status – 2022
- How to Know if your WhatsApp is Monitored by Someone?
- 7 Best WhatsApp Online Notification Tracker Apps – FREE
- How To Hide Whatsapp Chats without Archive and Delete?
- WhatsApp Banned: The reasons and Solutions
- WhatsApp Web is Not Downloading Files (Fixed) – PDF and others
- How to Open PDF File on WhatsApp Web without Download
- How to Add WhatsApp Link to Facebook Profile/Marketplace
- Color Text Generator for WhatsApp [Bio, Status, Font]
- Best Bold Text Generator Tools Online