If you want to cast your screen your mobile screen to Windows PC then this might be really easy as the lasted Windows 10 version does have the handy feature that can cast your mobile screen to the PC screen.
Even you’re using Windows 7 OS or older then also you can cast your smartphone screen to the Windows PC and for this, there are a few apps that might help you do that.
To cast your Android smartphone screen to Windows PC, you can just follow the simple methods that are built-in on your PC. Just go to the option ‘Projecting’ and then choose and wireless device and connect to cast the screen. For better results, you can use the tools like LetsView or ApowerMirror to cast your smartphone screen to Windows PC. You have to install the tool on both devices (PC & Smartphone) and then you can cast your screen to PC.
I just looked into many methods and found the effective ways that you might use and I guarantee you that at the end of this article you would be able to successfully cast your phone screen to PC.
In this article, I will explain the step-by-step guide to cast your android mobile screen to Windows PC and the tools that you can use for quick & easy results.
Requirements for Casting Smartphone screen to PC
- Screencasting is a form of digital recording of your device onto a bigger screen.
- It is a wireless mode of display that helps you to share or display your mobile screen to devices with bigger screens.
- Screencasting is a beta feature and is supported by devices that have and support beta features.
- Here a list of requirements that you need to enjoy the wireless display of your mobile phone using screen sharing
The most thing – Your mobile phone (Android or iPhone)
- Make sure your device supports a casting screen.
- A good WiFi connection
- The larger screen (TV, computer, laptops) supports casting screens.
- There are also dongles available in the market that can be connected to your screen to support that screencasting feature.
Screencasting feature can be present in your mobile phone under the ‘Settings’ > ‘Display’ with different names like ‘Cast screen’, ‘Screen sharing’, ‘Screencasting’, or ‘Screen mirroring’.
Cast your Android screen to Windows 7 PC
If you’re using Windows 7 then you can still cast your smartphone screen to your desktop by using an easy tool MirrorOP and this tool needs to be installed on both devices.
First on Smartphone:
You can the MirrorOp Presenter app on your Google play store that will work to send the screen to your Windows 7 PC.
- First of all, install the MirrorOp Presenter on your smartphone.
- Now open the app and enable the screencasting.
- Move to PC for the screen to be viewed.
Next on PC:
Now, in order to view the casted screen on your PC, you need to install the MirrorOP Receiver tool on your desktop.
- First of all, get the MirrorOP Receiver on your PC and install that.
- Now connect the smartphone device from the list of the receiver screen.
- Once the connection is completed, you can view the mobile phone screen on your Windows 7 PC.
That’s all you have to do and to make this work you need both apps to keep installed on your both device and then proceed to connection for screen mirroring.
Free Mirroring Apps for Android to PC – Best Apps
You can also use apps that can mirror your Android screen to Windows PC and there are a lot more apps to take. The apps need to be installed on both devices in order to complete the screen mirroring. I have listed a few of those below:
This is a free app available at your app store. It is well supported by Windows, Mac, iOS devices, as well as Android phones. Here is a quick guide for you on how to go about it.
- Step 1: First of all, install LetsView app from your play store into your mobile phone.
- Step 2: Also, download LetsView and install it on your PC.
- Step 3: Make sure both your PC and your mobile phone are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Step 4: Open the app on your mobile phone and your PC.
- Step 5: Once you have the app on your phone, tap on ‘Redirect’.
- Step 6: Enter your PC name or select directly when displayed on your mobile screen.
- Step 7: Tap on ‘Screen Mirroring’.
- Step 8: Tap on ‘Start Now’. You have successfully mirrored your mobile screen to your PC.
ApowerMirror is a more convenient app that you can use to cast your mobile screen to Windows 7,8,10 and this is one of the most used screencasting apps.
- Step 1: First of all, install the ApowerMirror app on your phone and the PC version on PC and allow all the permissions asked.
- Step 2: On your phone, go to the ‘Settings’ and then to ‘About phone. Tap the number of times indicated in your mobile phone on ‘Build Number’ to enable the ‘Developer’ option.
- Step 3: Connect your phone to your PC with a USB.
- Step 4: Allow USB debugging. Tap on your device name.
- Step 6: Tap on ‘Start Now’ and you are done. Display your mobile screen on your PC wirelessly.
Vysor is another app that you can use to cast your smartphone screen. This also needs to be installed on both devices.
- Step 1: Download and install the app on your phone and your PC and allow all the permissions asked for in your mobile phone.
- Step 2: Allow USB debugging in your mobile phone by tapping the desired number of times on the ‘Build Number’ Option in your ‘About Phone Settings’.
- Step 3: Connect your phone to your PC with a USB.
- Step 4: Allow USB debugging on your mobile phone.
- Step 5: Select your device name by tapping on it.
- Step 6: Tap on ‘Start Now’. This is how you can mirror your mobile screen on your PC using the Vysor App.
Cast Android screen to Windows 10 PC
There are several ways to screen mirror your android device to Windows desktop and for the Windows 10 OS, the process is really simple.
1. Android Screen Mirroring on Windows 10 PC Wirelessly
To cast your android screen to Windows 10 PC,
- Step 1: First, go to the Display setting of your Windows 10 and click on ‘Projecting to this PC’.
- Step 2: Make sure your PC is connected to a good WiFi connection.
- Step 3: Click on ‘Optional features’ > ‘Add a feature’.
- Step 4: Search for ‘Wireless display‘ and install it on your PC.
- Step 5: Go back and you will see that all the features are now unlocked for wireless display.
- Step 6: Just hover & click on ‘Available everywhere’ to change it.
- Step 7: Select the ‘Every time a connection is required‘ option from the list.
- Step 8: Click on ‘Never’ for the third option Click on ‘Off‘ and then launch the connect app.
- Step 9: From your Android phone enable the ‘Cast screen’ feature, it will search for the available devices nearby. Tap on your device name and your device to cast your Android screen to your Windows 10.
2. Screen Mirroring using USB
You can use the screen mirroring option to mirror your Android screen using the USB.
- Step 1: The first and the most important step is to connect your Android phone to your Windows 10 using a USB.
- Step 2: The next step is to enable the ‘Developers’ option’ in your Android phone. For this go to the ‘Settings’ of your phone and search for ‘About phone. There you will have a ‘Build Number’ option.
- Step 3: Tap thrice on the ‘Build Number’ option. This will enable the ‘Developer’ option.
- Step 4: Now tap on the ‘Developer’ option and then tap on ‘Enable USB debugging’. Tap on ‘Ok’.
- Step 5: Your Windows 10 automatically detects the phone.
- Step 6: A pop-up will appear asking for certain permissions. Select allow.
- Step 7: Once you grant all the necessary permissions.
- Step 8: There you go. You have successfully cast your Android screen to Windows 10 using a USB cable.
The Bottom Lines:
As you have learned the ways that you can follow in order to cast your android screen to Windows PC and I have described all the methods including the apps that can actually cast your mobile screen to your Windows PC.