If you are wondering to change or remove the category label on Instagram then you can do this by using the features. Yes, Instagram lets you do that on your profile.
The first thing you should know is that for the personal accounts this is not shown as a category label, only the business accounts may have these labels on the profile page.
These labels are created from the interest of users of what they are following to and the labels make it easier to understand the page or profile topics.
To change the Instagram category labels, just tap on the ‘Edit Profile’ option then tap on the category labels. Now, this will show the multiple labels to select, just choose your new labels or search and then click on any label that suits your profile and that’s done.
Although, if you want to remove the labels from displaying on the profile then you can do it in two different ways.
To remove the category labels on Instagram, the first thing you can do by switching back to your personal profile as the personal account does not show any category labels on the profile. Otherwise, you can go to the ‘Profile Display Options’ section and from there turn off the ‘Display category label’ option.
This article will show the steps to change or remove the category labels on Instagram profiles.
Change the Category Labels on Instagram
If you want to change the category label for an Instagram profile, the steps are really simple. You must know that the labels you added to your profile and if that does not suits then you can change the category label to something else.
To change the category label on Instagram,
- First of all, you have to go to the profile and tap on the ‘Edit Profile‘ button.
- Now, scroll to the bottom and tap on the ‘Category‘ option.
- Next, just choose the new category and tap on the tick to save.
- Finally, tap on the tick icon on the edit profile page, and this category is now changed to a new one.
That’s all you have to do in order to change the category of your Instagram business profile.
Note: You can change the labels but you have to choose the suitable labels from the listed labels. So, either choose a category label for your profile or you can hide it if you want to.
Remove Category Label on Instagram profile
If you want to remove the labels on your Instagram profile then you can do this in different ways, either keeping your business account and turning off the feature or you can move back to a personal account where no category labels are shown on the profile.
1. Switching back to personal Account
The easiest way to turn off displaying of category labels on your profile is, switching back to a personal account. Instagram does not show the category labels on professional accounts or business accounts and just by moving back to the personal account, you can have the category labels are disabled.
To switch back to the personal account,
- First of all, open your Instagram profile and tap on the ‘Edit Profile’ option.
- Next, from the settings, go to the Account and tap onto that.
- Just scroll to the bottom and you will see the ‘Switch to Personal account‘ option, tap on that.
- Now, just confirm by tapping on the ‘Switch Back‘ option.
Once the account is switched back to the personal account, you will no longer see any labels on the display.
Note: By turning the business account into a personal account, you will lose some features that were available only for business accounts, also will lose the authority of a business account. But, if you’re aware of this then you can go with that choice.
2. Editing the Profile Display option
Another option is there and this is the best option to remove the category labels from any Instagram profile as this will keep your business account, as you can have the other features of the business account and can remove the category labels from your profile as well.
To remove the category labels on Instagram,
- First of all, go to your Instagram profile and tap on the edit profile option.
- Next, scroll down and you will see the ‘Profile Display Options‘ section.
- Now, swipe left to turn off the ‘Display category label‘ option.
That’s all you have to do and your category labels from the profile will be invisible after that.
Note: If you want to remove the category label from the business account then turning off the feature is the best option as you can avail the rest of the features of a business account.
The Bottom Lines:
This article shows the exact steps that you can follow in order to change or remove the category labels on Instagram. You can make a few changes to the settings and it will be done as described above.
- Instagram Account ID Location Online – Find IP Address
- How to Recover Instagram Account without Email Or Phone Number?
- How to Add TikTok Link to Your Instagram Bio?
- How to See Your First Liked Video on Instagram?
- App to Delete Instagram Messages from Both Sides
- How to Identify a Fake Account on Instagram?
- Why Can’t You Follow People on Instagram?
- How to Fix Instagram Stories Not Showing Up?
- Why Does it show ‘Thanks for Providing Your Info’ on Instagram?
- How to Respond Directly to a Specific Message on Instagram?