If you want to check how powerful is your graphics card is or the current refresh rate of your Desktop or Laptop screen then you can just check it from the display settings and also change it to the best refresh rate.
Normally, the refresh rate is set to the top Hz rate, and in order to increase that you might need a graphics card installed on your PC.
Either you can change the refresh rate from the settings or you check it online using the Testufo tool or any other. That online website would display the refresh rate online by testing it in a few seconds, just open that website and wait to get the results of your refresh rate.
To change the refresh rate of your computer, first of all, you have to right-click on the screen and go to display settings. Then from there just choose the ‘Advanced Display Settings’ option and then on clicking on it, it will pop up a screen where under the ‘Monitor’ tab you can set or change the refresh rate of your PC.
This will display the current refresh rate your monitor is set to right now. For the best, to check the refresh rate you can visit the Testufo tool online and wait until the test is completed and now the refresh rate will be visible that your PC monitor is performing right now.
In this article, I will explain the online tools that can check the refresh rate of your PC monitor and then the steps to change the refresh rate of your PC monitor.
How to Check Refresh Rate of PC Monitor?
You can check the refresh rate of your PC in many ways depending on the operating system OS and version of your operating system. You can check the refresh rate of your PC by checking the speed of your monitor which is in hertz.
Certain special tools are specifically designed to help users check the refresh rate like Driver Easy application or an online tool like the UFO Test.
You can download the application to your PC which always displays the refresh rate on the screen or you can simply click on the link above and check your PC refresh rate instantly without having to go to the advanced settings of your system and following a long process.
1. Testufo Tool – Test Multiple Frame Rates
This is a powerful tool used to test the monitor refresh rate of your PC. This is a free platform that does not require any installation on your device.
- The Testufo Tool can test multiple frame rates, works in a web browser.
- Easy to use as it does not require any installation.
- Supported by Chrome and Firefox web browsers as these two support testing above 60 hertz.
- Also used to test ghost testing frame skipping free sync and G sync.
Steps to Test:
To check the refresh rate of your PC Monitor,
- Step 1: First of all, just open browser and go to the Testufo tool online.
- Step 2: The moment you open the web browser for Refresh Rate, wait for at least 30 seconds for it to configure and accurately measure the refresh rate for your PC.
For better results, it is suggested that you close all the apps that are running in the background and other types that you have kept open in your browser. The longer you wait for the test to run the more accurate will be the result for your refresh rate test.
It’s that much easy to test your refresh rate.
2. Frames-Per-Second – Check Refresh Rate
Frames per second tool allow you to check the refresh rate, the frame rate with motion or without motion blur. You can use it to test motion blur without which the animation on your PC will appear.
- Helps you to know the visual differences between different frames and the motion blur.
- It also allows you to compare frame rates per second with motion blur or without motion blur. A free platform to check refresh rate.
Steps to Test:
To test the refresh rate for your PC using frames per second follow the steps:
- Step 1: First of all, go to the Frames per second tool from your browser.
- Step 2: As soon as you open the webpage, it will automatically monitor the refresh rate and the frame rate of your PC and display it on your screen.
- Step 3: Click on the colored circle which keeps fluctuating between yellow red and green present at the corner of your screen when Open the webpage. This will display frames per second and the timing error.
To make sure that the results are accurate close all other tabs and running applications in the background.
How to Change the Refresh Rate in Windows 10 PC?
You will notice a default refresh rate will be set to your PC according to the graphics you’re using. You can also change the refresh rate by going into the display settings or graphics driver settings.
- You can manually set the refresh rate in your Windows 10 PC to enjoy a better display when using certain apps.
- If you are experiencing an unstable display or flickering display of your Windows 10 you should try changing the refresh rate of your computer monitor.
- Usually, the refresh rate is automatically set for every computer monitor but you can sorry change it when you experience an unstable display.
- The refresh rate depends on what application you use, usually 48 Hz to 60 Hz for normal applications while it is around 144 Hz to 240 Hz for gaming applications that give you a better experience while playing.
Here are the quick and simple steps that you can use to manually set the refresh rate in your Windows 10 computer monitor.
To set or change the refresh rate of the monitor of the Windows 10 PC,
Step 1: Right-click anywhere on the screen avoiding a click on the desktop applications. Preferably right-click at a blank spot on your desktop.
Step 2: You will see many options out of which click on the ‘Display settings‘ option. This is a shortcut. Alternatively, you can go to the display settings by clicking on the start button followed by settings, click on the system, and finally on the display button to reach the display settings page.
Step 3: You will notice the advanced display settings under multiple displays seen at the half right of your screen. Just, click on the ‘Advanced display settings‘ option.
Step 4: If you are using more than one monitor choose the display that you want to configure by clicking on the ‘Choose display‘ button. The next step is to click on the ‘Display adapter properties…‘ shown at the bottom of the window.
Step 5: New window will open, click on the Monitor tab which is the second tab.
Step 6: Finally, select a refresh rate from the dropdown menu of the refresh rate.
Finally, click on the Ok button to confirm.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explained all of the methods or online tools that can be used for the quick check of your PC’s refresh rate and the steps provided that you have to follow to change or set a new refresh rate for your PC.
- Copy Texts from Protected Website Chrome [Android & PC]
- Best Tools to Copy Protected Text from Websites – PC
- Check or Change Refresh Rate of Your Computer Monitor
- Corrupted Photo Recovery Online – JPEG/JPG, GIF, TIFF, BMP
- Ways to Find WiFi Password on Windows 10 without Admin
- Show WiFi password [WirelessKeyView iPhone] Key Viewer
- How to Fix This site can’t be reached in Windows PC? – All browsers
- How to Remove Write Protection on SD Card or Pen Drive?
- How to Run iOS Apps on Windows 10 PC? – Best Emulators