Your Quick Answer:
- To clear the cache either from the Facebook app or Messenger, you can do it from the settings of the phone or directly clearing the data on the Facebook app itself.
- On your phone, to clear the data or cache of Messenger you have to go to settings and from the list of apps, choose Messenger or Facebook whichever you want to clear the cache for.
- For iPhone just tap on the ‘Offload app’ option and for android just tap on the Clear cache option and this would clear all the cache data from mobile.
- Although, on the Facebook app, you have a few steps, i.e. go to the Settings section then on the browser option tap on clear browsing data, and this way you can clear the data from directly the Facebook app.
In this article, you will get the steps to do these settings.
Why should You Clear Facebook Cache?
There are multiple reasons to clear the cache of the Facebook app:
- If your phone is getting slow just find the Facebook app data storage. If it is huge then just free the space by clearing the cache.
- If the FB app stopped loading some images on Facebook and hangs too much then it may be due to the cache files.
- Clearing the cache of the Facebook app helps the app to perform better. Any problems created in this app due to the cache will be solved.
These are some of those problems which you may have solved by clearing the cache files.
1. Clear Browsing Cache From Facebook App
This is done from the Facebook app directly, so you can perform this method on both android and iOS devices.
Stage 1: Open the app: Open your Facebook application and log in with your email ID or phone number and password.
Stage 2: Three-line icon: Press the three-line menu icon which is at the bottom right corner of your iPhone.
Stage 3: Settings & Privacy: By tapping on the ‘three-lines’ icon you can see there is the “Settings & Privacy” section. Open this section.
Stage 4: Settings: Under the “Settings & Privacy” section at the top there is a section named “Settings“. Open it.
Stage 5: Browser: Scroll down and you can see there is a section named “Browser” and tao on the option “Browser“. Open this subsection.
Stage 6: Tap on Clear: You will see the option ‘Browsing data > Your browsing data‘ option at the top. Under this, there is a “Clear” button. Now press it to clear your app cache.
2. Clear Facebook Cache Files on iPhone or iPad
The best way to clear the cache on Facebook for iOS is to delete the Facebook app and then reinstall it again.
Just follow the steps to clear the cache without deleting the Facebook Messenger app on iPhone:
Step 1: First of all, go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage on your iPhone or iPad.
Step 2: Now move to Manage Storage on TOP. Select the Messenger App and tap onto it.
Step 3: Now tap on Offload App/Delete App for the App.
- Offload: Would clear the cache.
- Delete: Would remove the app & you have to reinstall it.
Note: Before deleting the app just find the ‘Documents & Data’ storage which is shown in MB. If this app consumes a lot of space then only deleting the app will be helpful for you. To use the app, just install the app again.
3. How to Clear Facebook Cache Files on Android
Now, just follow these easy steps which are given below:
Step 1: At first, go to your ‘settings’ option and tap on it.
Step2: Then go to the ‘Application manager’ option and tap on it.
Step 3: Then find out the ‘Facebook’ app and tap on it.
Step 4: Then here you will see the ‘Clear cache’ button. Then tap on it.
After clicking on that button your all Facebook cache files will be deleted in just a few seconds and you will get it as a cache-free Facebook app.
Once you have cleared the cached files, it will again start to consume the cache when you start to use it again. So, it is recommended to have the cache files cleared when you feel like getting slower on your smartphone. If you wish to clear the cache for other apps (e.g. Facebook Messenger) then just choose the app from the list and follow the same method.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What Happens if You Clear Cache on Messenger?
If you clear the cache on messenger, then no changes will be made there. Everything will be the same. Even now, you will not be logged out and if your account is open on Messenger, then you can see the same thing that you had seen earlier. The biggest drawback of the temporary internet cache is that sometimes files in the cache get corrupted and can cause problems with your app. So it is a good idea to empty the temporary internet cache every couple of weeks or so, no matter how much space it is taking up. Clearing the cache will not change any of the messages, stickers, emojis. Clearing the cache will not delete any photos from your Messenger account. What happens is that data files that are temporarily stored in your device’s memory will be only deleted once the cache is cleared.
2. How to Clear Messenger Messages?
To clear Messenger messages, at first, you have to open your account and then go to the individual conversations with messages you’d like to delete. You can delete the messages manually. For that press and hold on to your message, tap “Remove” next to the message. Then select “Remove for everyone” to delete the message for both and to delete their message press and hold the message and select “More” and then press “Remove”. To delete the whole conversation, just open the chat and press the ‘i’ button at the top right corner, then their Messenger profile will open. After that, click on the three dots in the top right corner. There is an option “Delete Conversation”. Tap on that and then press “Delete”.
3. Will Clearing Data on Messenger Delete Messages?
Although, your private messages will be deleted from your account. If you clear data on the Messenger app from your settings, then you will be logged out. But all normal your messages will remain the same as previously. Messenger syncs the messages and contacts to the Facebook server. So, even if you clear data from settings or uninstall the application, your messages or contacts will not be deleted. You can log into your account again with your credentials and see the chats again on your account.
- What Does Bump Mean on Facebook?
- Add Friend button Not Showing on Facebook – How to Fix
- How to Attach File in Messenger Chat on Phone?
- Can’t See Friend’s Last Active on Facebook Messenger – FIXED
- How to Show Offline on Facebook when Online?
- How to Remove Your Profile Picture on Facebook
- How to Download Audio from Facebook Messenger
- What Does the Following Mean on Facebook?
- Why Can’t I Make a Facebook Avatar?
- How to Add Longer Videos to Facebook Messenger Story?