Your Quick Answer:
- To delete messages on Snapchat you can follow a few ways, like you can set your chat settings to ‘After Viewing’ or ’24 Hours after Viewing’.
- The second one is that you can delete messages manually, and the third one is that you can delete the entire conversation.
- Open your Snapchat chatbox, then tap and hold on any targeted person and click “More”.
- Then press “Delete Chats…”, there you can set your Snapchat message settings to either ‘After Viewing’ or ’24 Hours after Viewing’.
- Under the “More” section, you can also click on the “Clear Conversation” button to delete the entire conversation.
- You can also open the individual chats and tap and hold on to the messages to delete them.
How to Delete Messages on Snapchat?
There are several ways to delete Snapchat messages:
1. Turn On Auto Delete instantly
You can easily delete messages from Snapchat for both sides. Snapchat has lots of features for deleting messages. You can delete your messages one by one manually or you can use special features like ‘After Viewing’ and ’24 Hours after Viewing’. If you enable ‘After Viewing’ and send any message to the person, then this message will be deleted after the person views it.
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Firstly, open your Snapchat application and log in to your account.
Step 2: Then click on your profile picture and go to your profile, then go to the “My Friends” section.
Step 3: Then tap on any of your friends’ names and you will be redirected to the chats section or you can swipe right on your Snapchat home screen. At that time, you will also be redirected to the chat screen.
Step 4: Now, on the individual chat screen, you can see the “After Viewing” option. You have to enable it so click on the option.
2. Delete Chat Manually
You can easily delete your chat manually on Snapchat. Even if the message is saved by the other person, then you can also delete it.
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Follow the given steps to delete chats on Snapchat manually:
Step 1: Open your Snapchat app and log in with your credentials.
Step 2: Then you have to go to the chat section so that you can swipe your screen right or you can see the chat icon at the bottom of the screen. Click on it.
Step 3: Now open any of your friends’ chats, then tap and hold on to the message that you want to delete.
Step 4: You can see the “Delete” option. Click this, then again click “Delete Chat” to confirm the delete.
If you delete a message manually, then there will be a tag showing that you deleted this message, which means after deleting the message for both sides, the other person will be notified that you have deleted the message.
3. Delete the whole Conversation
You can delete the whole chat on Snapchat with just one click. By clicking on the “Clear conversation” button, you can clear the conversation from your feed.
🔴 Steps To Follow:
You just follow the steps to delete the whole conversation with one click:
Step 1: Open the app and log in to your Snapchat account.
Step 2: Then click on the chat section at the bottom of the bar and go to the chats.
Step 3: Now tap and hold on to the target person’s chat whose conversations you want to clear.
Step 4: There you can see the “More” option, click on the option, and, among all other options, you can see there is an option, “Clear Conversation”.
Step 5: Press it and then press “Clear” again to confirm deleting.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What does Clear Conversation do on Snapchat?
Clear conversation deletes all the messages, including those pending messages which they have not seen yet. It will remove your friend’s username as well as the conversation thread from the chat feed. It is important for the users to note that clearing the entire conversation will not impact the conversation history on their friends’ phones.
Clearing conversations clears your friend’s chat screen and it helps the app to work faster with more efficiency. If unnecessary data is stored on Snapchat, it may degrade or slow down the app. So, if your app is repeatedly lagging, then you may need to clear some conversations on your friends’ screens.
2. How to Delete Messages on Snapchat that the other person saved?
You just open any of your friends’ chat and tap and hold on to a message. There you can see the option “Save in Chat”. By clicking on it, the message will be saved. Now, generally, one question can arise about deleting messages on Snapchat that the other person saved.
Well, you can easily do that. You just have to delete the messages manually or you can delete your conversations. Just open your chats, tap and hold any of the messages and then click “Delete”. Then your saved messages will also be deleted or tap “More”, then tap “Clear Conversation” to delete the whole conversation.
3. If you delete a conversation on Snapchat, does it delete for the other person?
Yes, on Snapchat, if you delete a message, then it will be deleted for both sides. You can not delete a message only from your side on Snapchat. It will be deleted for both sides, but keep one thing noted: if you delete a message on Snapchat, the other person will be notified about it. It means there is a tag showing that you deleted a message.
4. Does Snapchat Delete Chat after 24 Hours?
Yes, you can set this feature on Snapchat where the chat will be deleted after 24 hours. But it is not like the Snapchat story, which will be deleted automatically. Here you have to do it manually, there is a feature on Snapchat called ’24 Hours after Viewing’.
If you enable it before chatting with anyone, then your chats will be deleted after 24 hours and even the saved chats will be deleted. To do this, open the chat section from the bottom of the bar or swipe the screen right. Then tap and hold on to any of the chats and press “More”. Now click on the option “Delete Chats…”, after that, set it to ’24 Hours after Viewing’ and your work is done.
- How to Reset Your Snapchat Password without Email?
- How To Fix ‘Oops! We could not find matching credentials’ on Snapchat?
- How to Delete Messages on Snapchat?
- How To Find Someone’s Real Name On Snapchat?
- How To Get Verified On Snapchat?
- How To Screenshot On Snapchat Without Them Knowing?
- How To See Who Follows You back On Snapchat?
- Why Are Random People Adding Me on Snapchat?
- How to See Someone’s Snapchat Friends List?
- Track Snapchat Account Location – Find IP Address