My friend asked me if he could use Facebook in another language that he is comfortable with. Frankly speaking, Facebook has more than 110 languages for its users in different countries.
I had my Facebook language set to English as default but this question really forced me to think that there are many people who are searching for the same solution for their Facebook account.
Definitely, I helped my friend to change the language on Facebook for his account and now will share with you the exact steps to follow to do the same on your account.
To change the language on Facebook, you just have to go ‘Language‘ settings option under ‘Settings & Privacy‘ and list of languages will pop up, just select one from that list and save the settings.
I understand that many people can’t even recognize the settings that appear on Facebook due to this language issue. After changing the language on your Facebook account, the notifications will also be visible in that language and the Facebook settings that are unable to understand for you now will be on your own language to make any changes.
Personally, I use the English(UK) in my Facebook account and along with that I know another 4 languages that I set on Facebook to check the effects on settings and other stuff and I found, the options on the timeline and even the settings were changed in just one click of changing language.
Just if you can swift your message language, you can type in your own language as well–this does not belong to Facebook but on your keyboard settings.
☛ Why does the Notification Language change on Facebook?
If you see some Facebook notifications in a language that you can’t understand, definitely that makes an annoying situation to understand what this means.
If your default language is English and if you are seeing the notification in Arabic or Spanish language then it makes the notifications to determine roughly impossible the meanings and that is why you need to change the default language settings to such a language that you can understand.
So, if you are seeing some notifications in another language, this is actually due to the default setting was changed wrongly to that language and if you are talking about the only names in other language and the rest of the notification in your language–that means the person is using his profile name in any different language format and there is nothing to do with your Facebook setting to change any further.
If you are on your mobile phone then you can modify your language settings on your Facebook profile in just a few clicks and this is possible on your both iPhone or Android if you have installed your Facebook app on your mobile.
I personally followed these steps to change multiple times my language and then set back to the default.
Let’s begin the process.
How to change the Facebook language on the iPhone?
If you are on your iPhone device, just follow the simple steps to change the Facebook language option to set your own:
1. First of all, open the Facebook app and login with your account that you want to set the language for.
2. After that, just look at the top right corner where the three horizontal lines appear as an icon and you have to tap on that option.
3. You will find the ‘Settings and Privacy’ option and upon tapping on that you will see the ‘App Language’ option that you have to tap on further.
4. Now a list of languages will appear in front of you and from the list, select the language you want to set for your Facebook account, and save the settings.
These are the simple steps to change the Facebook account language from your iPhone or iPad devices.
How to change the language in Facebook lite?
If you have an Android device you can follow these steps to change the Facebook profile language to any language you want to set as default:
1. On your Facebook app and click on the three horizontal lines icon.
2. Now find the ‘Settings and Privacy’ option then scroll to the bottom and tap on ‘Language’.
3. Choose your language from the list displayed and save the settings.
That’s all set.
Change Facebook Language settings on PC
If you are on your desktop with any OS like Windows, Linux or Macbook then you can change your Facebook default language to any other language and the process is very simple and easy that you can complete in 5 minutes.
If you are on your Windows then you have to follow the steps to change the default Facebook language to your own language:
1. First of all, you have to go to facebook.com and sign in there.
2. After that, you have to go to the right side ‘Arrow’ icon and a list of options will be visible, just click on ‘Settings’ from there.
3. Now after that, you will find out the option ‘Language’, upon clicking on that you will see the Facebook language option under ‘Language and Region’ option.
4. You have to click on the ‘Edit’ button and from the list of the languages just select the language you want to set for your Facebook profile and finally click on the ‘Save Changes’ button.
Change language on Facebook from your MacBook
Now if you are on your Macbook then just do these simple steps:
1. Firstly Go to facebook.com and login there.
2. Now follow the same option by clicking on the right side ‘Arrow’ icon and then click on the ‘Settings’ option.
3. From the list of the left side, select ‘Language and Region’ under the Language option and choose the language displayed on a list and click on the ‘Save Changes’ button.
⦿ Changing the Language back to English as Default
If you have recently changed FB profile language to your own preferred language and now you want to change it to English as default for your profile then you have to repeat the process again that you have done for changing your Facebook account language.
Whether you are on your mobile or PC, just open the chrome browser (or any other) and go to facebook.com and log in.
After that, click on the ‘Arrow’ icon and tap on the ‘Settings’ option under the ‘Settings and Privacy’ and click on Language.
Finally, from the ‘Language and Region’ option choose English and click on the ‘Save Changes’ button.
⦿ Why did my Facebook language change?
If you want to change your Facebook account’s default language to another one, but you cannot see the list of language for your preferred language on the list, there may be two reasons behind this.
I know that many of you could not find a language on the list and this may be because Facebook has not added your language yet on their list. But, they are developing the system every day by adding new languages every year. This year, Facebook added 10 more languages in their settings and the best advice that I can provide for you to just wait and let Facebook add your language into the settings.
The Bottom Lines:
If you want to change your favourite language, you have to just make sure that your language is present on Facebook list and if that so you can change your profile language or total Facebook account language to your own preferred language by following the steps I have discussed in this article.