Your Quick Answer:
- If your profile is public and you’re getting comments from strangers then you can use the privacy settings in order to limit the commenting on your profile picture only from your friends.
- To hide the likes or comments on your profile picture then you can use the audience settings in order to restrict the person to see your profile picture and if he/she can’t see your profile, would not notice the likes or comments on your profile.
- To turn off comments or likes on your profile, you have to go to the audience settings of your profile picture by opening it.
- Then you have to select only specific people or friends to show your profile picture to only allow those friends to like, comment, or see your profile picture.
- Else, you can select the ‘Only Me’ option if you want to hide your profile picture from everyone on Facebook and the likes & comments are turned off but that does not mean to keep the profile picture as it is only viewable to you.
- If you want to keep a few friends away to like or comment on your profile picture then you can hide the profile picture from those friends particularly.
If you want to hide the likes from Facebook posts, then there are a few steps to hide likes from Facebook posts.
In this article, you will get the exact steps to hide likes or comments on your profile picture from people or disable it completely.
Hide Facebook Profile Picture Likes or Comments from Friends
Yes, it is possible to restrict or disable the comments on your profile picture in many different ways.
Accordingly, from the “Audience settings”, you can restrict the unknown people to comment on your post. However, your friends can still comment on your photo until they are on your friend list, but you can unfriend them to restrict them from commenting.
🔴 Steps To Follow:
To hide the Profile Picture from a few friends to hide the likes and comments,
- Firstly, go to the Facebook profile section.
- Then open the profile picture by tapping the ‘View profile picture’ option.
- Now, tap on the three-dots icon and open the audience settings.
- From there, just select the ‘Friends except…’ option and choose whom to restrict.
Note: You can also select some specific friends in order to show the profile picture to only them.
Disable Like and Comment on Facebook Profile Picture
Being on a Facebook Public platform, your posts get full of comments that may not be pleasant all time.
However, Facebook allows everyone to comment on each other’s public posts. But if you want more control over who can comment or want to disable the comments.
You can disable like and comment on your Facebook profile picture by changing post privacy settings.
But first, you need to uncheck the option “Share your update to News Feed”.
Afterward, change the privacy settings from “Public” to “Only Me”. Another option is to choose the audience as friends on ‘Who can comment on your post.’
1. Turn Off Comments on Facebook Photos – from Strangers
If you don’t use the feature of locking your profile, everyone can see your profile picture and comment on your public post or profile picture.
Moreover, Facebook offers an option for control over comments on your profile picture. There’s an option to change comments privacy on the whole or even on the specific post.
Facebook offers you to choose the audience for comments with the options such as Public, friends, pages/people mentioned under the picture.
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Let’s follow the step-by-step guide to use the settings on your profile picture:
Step 1: Log in to your Facebook account from the Facebook application.
Step 2: Open the profile picture post from the profile picture album in “Photos”.
Step 3: On the top right corner of your picture, tap the three-dot vertical option.
Step 4: Then, choose the option of “Who can comment on your post”.
Step 5: Furthermore, Change the option from Public to “Friends” and submit your choices to update the settings.
Another setting is to change the settings for all of your Facebook posts.
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Here are the steps to change settings in all posts and pictures at one time,
Step 1: Open the “Settings” in your account.
Step 2: In the audience and visibility settings, Choose the option “Posts”.
Step 3: Then, Tap on “Who can comment on your post”.
Step 4: Finally, change the settings from “Public” to “Friends”.
That’s all you’ve to follow.
2. Turn Off comments on profile picture – For a Person
Nobody should accept offensive or unpleasant comments on their pictures. If any of your friends are commenting on stuff that you don’t want to, there’s a need to do some steps below to avoid the one.
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Delete the comment:
- Firstly, Delete that particular comment from your profile picture.
- Open the comment section, then, Long press on that comment.
- Then, tap on “Delete” and confirm “Yes” to permanently delete that comment.
Step 2: After That, Unfriend that friend:
- Open the profile of your friend through a search in the friend list.
- Tap on the blue icon that says “Friends”.
- Furthermore, tap on “Unfriend” from the options.
- Now he/she is successfully unfriended from your account.
However, you can block your friend instead of step 2, but there’s no issue in unfriending if you only want to ignore their comments.
Step 3: Change profile picture to privacy to “Friends”:
- Firstly, Open the post of your profile picture from “Photos”.
- Secondly, Tap on three vertical dots on top of your post.
- Furthermore, Tap on the option “Change Audience”.
- On the next screen, choose “friends”.
- Finally, “Submit” the settings to change the privacy to friends.
To conclude, your unfriendly friend is no longer able to comment on your profile picture.
3. Change Profile Picture Privacy to ‘Only Me’
By changing your profile picture privacy, you can stop comments and likes from every user on Facebook.
In addition, the photo will only be visible to you after “Only me” settings on a specific post and profile picture.
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Open the Facebook application through email/phone number and password log in to your Facebook account. If you’re already logged in, you can skip this step.
Step 2: Open the profile picture post for updating the privacy settings.
Step 3: On the top right corner of the post, you find three vertical dots; tap on there.
Step 4: Then, choose the option “Change audience” to edit the privacy settings.
Step 5: On the next screen, you see options like Public, friends, and after tapping on “See more”, you find more options like friends except for specific friends, only me.
Step 6: Finally, tap on the “Only Me” option and then submit the settings. In addition, it allows you to hide your post from other users. Also, it means they can not comment on your profile picture.
However, you can also turn off the notifications of comments and likes for any specific post on Facebook by “Turn off notification for this post”.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explained the steps in order to hide the like or comment on the profile picture and also the method to disable it from the settings.
- What Does Bump Mean on Facebook?
- Add Friend button Not Showing on Facebook – How to Fix
- How to Attach File in Messenger Chat on Phone?
- Can’t See Friend’s Last Active on Facebook Messenger – FIXED
- How to Show Offline on Facebook when Online?
- How to Remove Your Profile Picture on Facebook
- How to Download Audio from Facebook Messenger
- What Does the Following Mean on Facebook?
- Why Can’t I Make a Facebook Avatar?
- How to Add Longer Videos to Facebook Messenger Story?