Facebook would only let you download the whole data for your account but you cannot select the messages-only for download and if you want to do this you have to take the help of certain tools or techniques.
There are some other ways that you can use to save the chats just by saving it as a PDF and this is the simple way to save any whole Facebook conversation. But, in this way, you have to load all the messages before you save those, and for a long chat that is quite hard.
That’s why the chat downloader extensions can help you a lot and save your time by loading the whole chat in your inbox in just a few clicks.
☛ Although, to download all the photos from Messenger, try this guide.
To download the whole Facebook conversation, first of all, load the whole chat on your browser and then install the ‘Messages Saver for Facebook’ extension and select the date range from when you want to download the chat. Now, reload the tab and it will pop up to start the download, just press the ‘Start’ button and your download for the whole chat will be started.
This article will explain the ways that you can easily use to download the whole Facebook conversation and the tools that are best for this purpose.
Can you copy the whole Conversation on Facebook?
If you are wondering whether you can copy the whole conversation on Facebook then the answer is yes. You can copy the whole conversation you had with someone on Facebook.
However, when you want to copy a whole conversation using the keyboard (selecting all chat and then ‘Ctrl+C’ to copy the whole data), all the other things which are unnecessary will also get copied along with all the chats which include the date info of those chats.
Although, if you want to copy the whole conversation without getting all the unnecessary details copied, you will need to copy the messages manually one by one or do it by using any extensions that are given in this article.
Download whole Conversation using Chrome Extensions
There are some extensions that you can use in order to download the Facebook conversation on your PC. Such extension actually works by loading the messages in a particular chat and then you can select the date range from where you want to download the chat messages and then you can download the whole data from the Facebook chat conversation.
The Message Saver extension works really well and in just a few clicks you can download the selected messages from a chat.
Now you will get to know the best extensions and the features for those, also will show the steps that you have to follow in order to download the Facebook messages on the whole chat.
1. Messages Saver for Facebook
To download any particular conversation on Facebook Messenger you need to have the message or chat downloader extension first.
The ‘Messages Saver for Facebook’ is the best extension that you can use in order to download the whole conversation data from your Facebook chat.
The best part here you can select the date range from when you want to download the conversation or the chat messages.
- The extension can download the Facebook messages by selecting from a date range.
- Even this extension can download the whole Facebook chat in just clicks.
Steps to Use:
To use the ‘Messages Saver for Facebook’ extension on your Chrome browser,
- First of all, install the ‘Messages saver for Facebook’ on your Google Chrome.
- Then open Facebook.com and make sure you are logged in there.
- Now tap on the extension and select the date range you want to download the data from the conversation.
- Select the format you want to save in and the other settings like, you want to keep it after downloading.
- Just open any chat on Facebook and reload the messages.
- Now the extension will pop up with that date range and you have to confirm and start the download.
- Once you click on the start button, the whole chat conversation will be downloaded on your device.
2. Message/Chat Downloader
Message/Chat Downloader is another tool that you can install on your Google Chrome Browser and use to download any Facebook data, mainly the whole Facebook conversation directly on your PC.
- Can download the whole Facebook conversation.
- Can download the messages by selecting each one or from a date range.
- Can download the whole Facebook data.
Steps to Use:
Now in order to use the Message/Chat Downloader on your browser,
- First of all, you have to install the ‘Message/Chat Downloader’ extension on your Google Chrome browser.
- Open the Facebook chat which data you want to download on your desktop.
- Now open a Facebook chat or the whole conversation that you want to download and click on the extension on your browser.
- The file will be downloaded on your device and you have to select the format and all other settings before you download the file.
Save a Messenger Conversation as PDF
It is extremely simple to save an entire conversation on Facebook so that you can have the access to that conversation even when you are offline. You just need to follow a few simple steps and you can save a Facebook messenger conversation in PDF form and you can even forward it to other people as well.
You can convert that conversation from HTML form to PDF form, you have to do it manually online or you can just do it just by pressing the Ctrl+P and then Save it.
Here are mentioned the steps you can proceed with. However, this process will also depend upon the type of browser you are using.
For Chrome Users – Windows:
Step 1: First open the chat on Facebook and press CTRL+P on your keyboard.
Step 2: Then click on the option named Change which is present under the printer’s name.
Step 3: After that select ‘Save as PDF‘ on the pop-up screen.
Step 4: At last, click on option Save and choose the dictionary to keep it.
For Safari – macOS Users:
Step 1: Firstly, click on Command + P.
Step 2: Then click on the option which says “Open PDF in preview”.
Step 3: As soon as your document gets opened in preview, you need to go to File and then Save As.
Step 4: The final step is to provide a name for your file and it’s done.
Downloading the Whole Facebook Data
The steps for saving a whole messenger conversation and then forward it are as follows:
- Step 1: At first login into your Facebook account. Then directly go to the Account settings.
- Step 2: Then you will see an option “Download a Copy” under the general settings.
- Step 3: After that click on the “Start my Archive” for the confirmation of your download. You will receive via your email id linked with your Facebook account.
- Step 4: Go through your email and then click on the link that Facebook sent you. After that, you have to reconfirm your password.
- Step 5: Then download and save the zipped file on your device. To get your messages, you have to go to the HTML>Messages file.
- Step 6: Then convert this HTML file into PDF form. Once the message file is converted into a PDF form, you can easily open and even share that file.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explained the basic methods that you can use in order to download the whole conversation on Facebook and the simple way that you can by saving it as a PDF and the best you can do it by downloading the whole chat on Facebook using any chrome extension.
- Hide Online Status on Facebook App or Messenger
- Recover Deleted Facebook Photos or Live Videos
- How to Change Birthday on Facebook after Limit? – 2022
- Cancel All Sent Friend Requests in One Click – Mobile & PC
- Change Name & Username on Messenger – without Facebook
- Find Email Address From Facebook – Steps
- Change Language Settings On Facebook – Steps
- How to See your Facebook Password while Logged In?
- Block Someone From Facebook Page who Hasn’t Liked
- Change Profile Picture on Messenger without Facebook