Your Quick Answer:
To fix the “oops! we couldn’t find matching credentials” issue, there are only two authentic ways. First, try logging in using ‘linked email’. Under the space given for “Username or Email” on the log-in page, enter the email address that is linked to the account.
Second, go for “Password Reset”. On the log-in page, below the password tab, you will find an option in blue, saying “Forgot your password?”.
Click on it, and the Snapchat team will ask you to do the necessary procedure.
Select the method for resetting “Via Phone or Email”, enter the details accordingly, and you will receive a verification code on the selected method.
Enter the code and create a new password. Hit submit and now go back and try logging in with a new password.
Why Do You See ‘Oops We Could Not Find Matching Credentials’ Error:
There are several reasons for which you would see such an error on your Snapchat:
1. Tried Wrong Username or Password
The first and most reported reason for ‘oops! We couldn’t find matching credentials’ is “wrong username and password”. Snapchat shows this kind of notification when the user enters the wrong username and password, which is your Snapchat account’s login credentials.
However, this is a very common case between the user and Snapchat, because the username of Snapchat is quite tricky to remember, which is a combination of alphabet and number.
Also, what happens is, that at the time of creating an account, Snapchat does not accept the username that the user wants but suggests something different as per its username protocol, which becomes difficult to remember.
Apart from this, you might be entering the wrong password, because of which you are not able to open your Snapchat. For this, either try remembering the correct password or better, hit the “Forgot your Password”.
2. Snapchat Account is Disabled or Deleted
The second most likely reason for credentials not being found can be, that ‘your Snapchat account is disabled or deleted.
In two major cases, Snapchat deletes and disables the account of a user. First, if the user violates any rules and terms of service, and second, when Snapchat found an account inactive for a certain period of time, like more than 3 to 6 months.
If any of these are the reasons, then you won’t be able to log in to your Snapchat account, even though you are entering the correct username and password. And the only option left is to create a new Snap account.
Well, nothing to worry about, there are ways to fix this problem. Lets us see what are those
How to Fix ‘Oops We couldn’t find matching credentials’ Error:
There you have to reset the password in order to fix the issue permanently:
1. Try Forgot Password
After entering the username and password, if “oops! Can’t find matching credentials” appears on the screen, then without worrying much, hit the option in blue, “Forgot your password?”.
When you click on this option, the Snapchat community will help you find your correct password by sending you a verification code or reset link.
Hence, instead of again and again entering the wrong password, try > Forgot Password. This method is easy and quick.
2. Via Phone
Once you choose the “Forgot your Password?” option, the next part is, to select whether you want to reset the password via phone or email.
Here, basically what happened is, whatever the method to reset you choose, the Snapchat team will send a six-digit ‘verification code’ on your mobile number or email address, and then you have to enter that received code on the space given.
Thereafter, create a new password and log in.
Now, if you choose to reset the password via phone, then:
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: First, click on “Via Phone”.
Step 2: Select “Allow” for a phone call from Snapchat, just for the verification code in case you did not receive an SMS.
Step 3: Next, enter your linked phone number, and click “Continue”.
At the same moment, you will get a “six-digit verification code” through SMS.
Step 4: Enter the ‘verification code’.
Step 5: Now, enter the new “Password”, ‘Confirm’ and click “Submit”.
That’s all. Type in your username and new password and you are all set to log in.
3. Via Email
The password reset process via email is exactly the same as the phone. The only difference in both processes is, that here, you will get the ‘six-digit verification code’ on your linked email instead of the phone. Rest over and all everything step is the same.
However, once, let us go through the steps for resetting the password via email:
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Click on “Via Email”.
Step 2: Next, enter your email address that is linked to your Snap account, and click “Submit”.
At the same moment, you will get a “Link” to reset the password on your email.
Step 3: Now, click the “Link” which you’ve received from your email.
Step 4: Now, enter the ‘New password’, ‘Confirm password’, and click “Save”. Log in screen will appear, type in the username and new reset password, and it’s done.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. We cannot find a matching username for Snapchat – Why Does it Show?
This kind of notification comes on the screen when the user enters the incorrect username. For this, think and type the correct username. However, if you are not able to remember the correct username, you can type your registered email in the place of the username.
But make sure you enter the email address that is linked to your Snapchat account. Also, enter the correct password. It will work.
2. Why can’t I log into any of my Snapchat accounts?
There can be many reasons why you are not able to log into your Snapchat account.
Let us discuss the most prominent ones
1. Incorrect Username and password: you might be entering the wrong username and password, because of which Snapchat is unable to find your credentials and you can’t log in.
2. Account got disabled: Your Snap account which you are trying to log in would have got disabled. This might have happened either because of “long time no see” that is, inactive for a long period of time or you might have violated the term of service of Snapchat.
3. Loose Internet Connection: Loose internet connection can also be the reason for not logging in to Snapchat. Switch OFF and then switch ON your internet connection and try login in.
3. Can you get banned from Snapchat?
Of-course YES. There are certain rules and terms of service of every offline as well as online platform, that every person has to follow.
Once or twice if you violate those rules, you will get a warning. However, if you continue to do the same activity for the third-fourth time, you will definitely get banned from that platform.
Similar is the working of Snapchat. If you violate the terms of service of Snapchat, your account will get banned.
- How To Send A Blank Message
- How To Recover Streak On Snapchat
- What Happens When You Delete An Unopened Snapchat
- How To Delete Snapchat Messages
- How To Reset Your Snapchat Password Without Email Or Phone Number
- Snapchat Email Finder – Find Email Address of Snapchat Profile
- How To Fix ‘Oops We Could Not Find Matching Credentials’ Error
- Why Are Random People Adding Me On Snapchat
- How To See Who Follows You On Snapchat That You Don’t Follow
- How To Screenshot On Snapchat Without Them Knowing
- What Does The Blue Checkmark Mean On Snapchat – Get It
- How To Find Someone’s Real Name On Snapchat
- How To Delete Chats After Viewing On Snapchat
- How To See Someone’s Friends On Snapchat
- Snapchat Username Reverse Lookup Tools