If you want to get notified then Microsoft Teams provided that feature in-built and just you have to know to manage the settings to get the notifications.
You can even choose people on the notifications list for or turn off for a few whom you want. Microsoft Teams tool allows users to get notified when someone just comes online and the chat for the person would show the ‘Online’ tag below the name.
Here you will know the two things, the first is, to get notified for a few people when they come online on Microsoft Teams and the list of people you want to turn on the notification for on the list.
To get notified when someone comes online on Microsoft Teams, first of all, open the chat section, and all chats will be on that list. Now tap on the name whose online notification you want to turn on. Next, just click on the three-dots icon and a list of options will appear, just click on the ‘Notify when available‘ option in order to turn the online notification on for that particular person.
☛ Even if you set up this but still the method is not working, then you can try a few fixes for online notification errors on Microsoft Teams.
Also, you can find people from Contacts and then right-click on it & click on the ‘Notify when available‘ option.
If you do not get the notification then you can try a few fixes that also I have included in this article, you have to follow the steps to turn on the notifications for someone and get notified when he is online.
Does the ‘Microsoft Teams’ app Notify when Someone Joins?
Yes, Microsoft teams do notify their users when someone is online. This app intends to bring people together so that they are able to execute their plan of action be it as a work-related thing for a friend or a family outing or function that needs to be decided.
And for this purpose, the app has added a unique feature that lets you select your contacts to notify you whenever they appear online on this Microsoft team’s application. If you want to get notified if any of your contacts are online you simply have to go to the ‘chat’ app and click on the ‘notify when available.
You will immediately receive notification and that person appears online.
How to Get Notified when Someone is Online on Teams?
If you want to know when someone from your Microsoft team’s group or contact list is online, all you have to do is follow the steps given below. These steps will be a guide for you if you are new to Microsoft teams, or if you are still not aware of its special feature.
To get notification when someone is online on Microsoft Teams,
- Step 1: First of all, launch your Microsoft Teams application on your device.
- Step 2: Once you open your account of Microsoft teams, to get notified by the app itself you need to go to the recent chats section and then look for the person for whom you want to receive a notification when he comes to online on Teams application.
- Step 3: When you go to the recent chat section, you will see three horizontal dots beside their names.
- Step 4: Now, click on these three dots then you will see any pop-up, select the ‘Notify when available‘ option.
Once you do this, next time whenever that person appears online the app will automatically send you a notification.
If you ever think of turning off the notification you can do so by clicking on the same three horizontal dots.
Get Notified when Someone’s Status is Online on Teams
You can choose people to select for notification to turn on or off and this can be done in two ways either from the chat option or from the settings you can choose people to add.
From the Chat:
From the recent chats section, you will find all people at once with whom you had a chat. From there, in a few taps, you can set up the notification alert when someone comes online.
- Allows users to select one on one person when selecting for getting notified when that person is available online.
- You can select the users for whom you want to get notified when their status changes from the recent chat section.
Steps to Do:
- Step 1: First of all, click on the chats icon seen to the left of your screen when you open the app.
- Step 2: Now, select one on one users from you want to get notified when they are available or appear online on teams.
- Step 3: You will see three horizontal dots in front of the names click on it, and then click on the ‘Notify when available‘ option
- Step 4: When done with the above step, the app will automatically send you a notification when the selected person for whom you have turned on the notification changes status from busy or unavailable to available or online on teams.
Similarly, you can turn off the notification by clicking on the three horizontal dots
From the Settings:
From the settings, you can just choose people to set notifications for either to keep it on or off.
- Allows users to select at once a minimum of 15 individuals to manage the status notification feature.
- Allows you to directly add users to your notification list.
- You can search for the accounts or the users for whom you want to receive the notification from the search bar of the app.
- You can turn off the notification for these uses when you desire by following the same steps and then clicking on the ‘Turn off’ button.
Steps to Do:
To select people to turn on the online notifications,
- Step 1: Open the ‘Teams’ application and then click on your profile picture seen at the top right corner of your screen.
- Step 2: Click on the Settings icon (gear icon) followed by the notification icon (bell icon) which takes you to the notification settings.
- Step 3: Then, just scroll down to ‘People’ and then click on the edit button.
- Step 4: This will take you to the ‘Manage status notifications‘ page. Type the name of the people you want to be notified for and make sure it is turned on.
If it says the ‘Turn off’ option then the notification is already turned on and don’t do anything if you want to get notified for the person.
That’s all you’ve to do.
Teams ‘Notify when available’ is not showing
If your option to turn on the notification is not visible from the chat then you can look for the following fixes below:
Turn off Battery Saver:
- Go to the settings menu of your Windows device.
- Click on the ‘system’ button and then followed with ‘battery’. You will see an option saying ‘battery saver status until next charge’. Toggle it on.
Or you can simply click on the battery icon on the taskbar followed by clicking on the battery saver option in the battery pane.
Turn Off Focus Assist:
- Open Windows settings and then click on system.
- Then, click on the ‘Focus assist’ option.
- Click on the ‘off button to deactivate all the focus assist modes which are ‘priority only’ or ‘alarms only’ options.
You can turn off your focus assist mode from the Windows action center by clicking on the text icon present at the bottom right corner of your screen and turn off your focus assist mode.
Disable/Edit Focus assist Automatic Rules:
- Go to the settings menu of your PC.
- Click on the System option and then navigate through the focus assist.
- The next thing you have to do is toggle off all the rules and conditions that enable ‘Focus assist’ on your PC.
Doing this whenever you perform any of those activities, your PC will automatically send you notifications, even from Microsoft teams as well.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explained the best method that you can quickly follow to turn on the notifications from the chat and also that can be done from settings by choosing people whose notifications you want to keep turned on.
- Fix Instagram Activity Status Or Last Active Not Working
- How To Check When Was An Instagram Account Created
- How To Trace Who is Behind a Fake Instagram Account
- We Limit How Often You Can Do Certain Things On Instagram – FIXED
- Instagram Location Tracker Online – Find IP Address
- How To See Who Has Read Your Whatsapp Message
- How To Recover Deleted Instagram Account
- How To Recover Deleted Instagram Posts After 30 Days
- How To Open PDF File In WhatsApp Web Without Download
- How Long Try Again Later On Instagram Last – How To Fix