Your Quick Answer:
- On Snapchat, Snap Map Stories last for 30 days, whereas regular Snapchat Stories disappear after 24 hours.
- Snapchat had the feature ‘Our Story’; when people wanted to share stories globally, they used this feature. This feature is now known as ‘Snap Map’.
- To share a story as Snap Map, sign in to your account and open your Profile by clicking on your Snapchat Avatar icon from the top left corner.
- Click on the Add to My Story option and click a photo or record a video. Then tap My Story from the bottom left, and you will be redirected to a new page where you have to select the Snap Map option.
- After adding your story, you can view it and others’ Snap Maps by clicking the Location icon from the bottom left corner of the Camera screen.
How Long Do Snap Map Stories Last:
If you are talking about the Snap Map stories, they will last for a month on Snapchat. Snapchat sets two different algorithms for these two distinct sections.
For just the stories, the stories disappear after 24 hours, whereas the Snap Map Stories disappear after 30 days.
What Does Added by ‘Our Story’ Mean on Snapchat:
Snapchat introduced its new feature ‘Our Story’ a few years back to spread users’ stories to the wider community. It is about adding a story publicly on Snapchat Map or Discover, which consists of curated content related to location.
If you want to see pictures someone has uploaded in your locality or videos of local landmarks, or see something more related to location, then ‘Our Story’ was the perfect option for them.
The contents you shared on ‘Our Story’ can be viewed on Snap Map and by third parties. Nowadays, when you share something in your story, you can not see the option ‘Our Story’ below the ‘My Story’ option. Because this option is replaced by the ‘Snap Map’ option, which provides the same features that ‘Our Story’ provided.
How to Add a Story on Snapchat Map:
You can follow the steps below:
Step 1: Open Snapchat app and log in to Your Account
To add a story on Snapchat, you must first create a story on Snapchat, then set it for Snap Map. To do that, you need to log in to your account. So, open the Snapchat App and log in with your Email/ Username and Password.
If you do not have the app, open your Google Play Store app and install the application; if you have an iPhone, then open the App Store and download the app. After logging in, you will be navigated to the Snapchat Camera Page. Here, go to the extreme right of the bottom line of the Camera icon. Before the last icon, you can see a Friends icon. From there, you can see others’ stories.
Step 2: Go to your Profile and tap Add to My Story
After entering your Snapchat account, you can see your Snapchat profile icon or Snapchat Avatar icon in the top left corner. By clicking on this icon, you can enter your Snapchat Profile page, so click on it.
When you enter your Snapchat Profile, you can see a lot of sections like ‘My Story’, ‘Friends’, ‘Spotlight & Snap Map’. Under this ‘My Story’ section, you can see the option ‘Add to My Story’. You can click photos and send stories from this subsection, so click on it.
Step 3: Click a Photo or a Video
After tapping the ‘Add to My Story’, you can see a big circle icon at the bottom; give a single click on it to take a photo or hold it to record a video. Beside the circle icon, you can see the Emoji icon; from there, you can add your Avatar and other filters to your photo and video. You can add music from the Music icon in the top right bar.
After clicking a photo or recording a video, whatever you want to share, you will get a lot of editing options in the top right bar, and you can edit as you like; you can also save your photo or video by clicking ‘Save’ from the bottom left corner. Now, if you tap ‘Send’, then the photo/video will be added to a story but using this way, you can’t share it as a Snapchat Map.
Step 4: Tap My Story and Select Snap Map
To add your photo/video as a Snap Map, select the ‘My Story’ option from the bottom left corner instead of tapping ‘Send’.
After clicking on the ‘My Story’ option, it will redirect you to a new window where you can see some sections like Stories, Recents, Groups, Friends, etc. Under the Stories section, you can get two options, ‘My Story’ and ‘Snap Map’, and under the Recents section, you can see all of your Snapchat friends’ names.
If you tap ‘My Story’, it will be added only as your story; if you choose ‘Snap Map’, the story will be added as a Snap Map.
Step 5: View the Snapchat Map stories
After adding the story as a Snap Map, click on the Location icon from the bottom left corner to view the story. After that, you will be navigated to a new window where you can see the world map. Those who have to share their Snap Map can see it here via location. After tapping on any location, you can view the shared Stories of that location.
Video on How to Post a Story to Snap Map on Snapchat:
How Long Do Snapchat Stories Last:
Yes, you can see this feature on Snapchat, where the stories will expire after 24 hours. It is unlike Snapchat messages, where you can set the time limit for lasting messages.
On Snapchat messages, you can set the messages for ‘After Viewing’, where after you have seen the message, the messages will be gone; also, you can set it as ’24 Hours after Viewing’, where after 24 hours, the messages will be deleted. But it is not the same as adding stories on Snapchat. For Snapchat stories, you can not set any time limit, and it will be there in the story section for 24 hours.
- How To Reopen A Snap More Than Twice
- How To Join A Private Story On Snapchat
- How To Stop Someone From Adding You To Snapchat Group
- How To Reset Instagram Password Without Email
- How To Send A Picture From Camera Roll As A Snap
- How To Hide Conversations On Snapchat
- How Long Do Snap Map Stories Last
- How To Change Your Avatar On Snapchat?
- How To Tell If Someone Unadded You On Snapchat
- If You Block Someone On Snapchat Can They Still See Your Messages
- Why Can’t I See My Friends Bitmoji On Snapchat?
- How To See Snapchat Conversation History Without Them Knowing
- How To Get Someone To Unblock You On Snapchat
- How To Add Someone On Snapchat By Phone Number
- How To Send A Blank Message – On Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat