You can’t decrease your Snapchat score but you can hide your Snapchat score. You can’t employ any tricks to decrease your snap chat score rather you can hide your snap score from those specific persons by removing them or blocking them.
Certainly, Snap score increases when you send or receive snaps. But you won’t be able to decrease it directly from the settings as Snapchat doesn’t have that feature.
To lower or decrease your Snapchat score means, you need to unfriend that specific person from your friend list or directly block them to prevent them from seeing your snap score. If you unfriend or remove a particular person, they won’t be able to see your snap score anymore.
Moreover one can see another Snapchat user’s snap score when both of them added each other to the friend list. Consequently, when one of them removes another one from the friend list, they won’t be able to see each other’s snap score anymore.
However, you have a method to hide the Snapchat score from everyone.
In this article, you’ll get to know the different techniques you can use for your Snapchat score to lower indirectly from your stalkers. You will find all the possible ways step by step, that you can follow easily.
Is it Possible to Decrease your Snap Score?
If you’re looking for methods to decrease your Snap score, you would not get it lower by unfriending people rather it will not appear. It’s not possible to decrease your snap score in that way, but you can surely hide it from your stalkers.
If you stop sending snaps then you can lower or decrease the rate of increase in your Snapchat score, but the actual number stays the same.
Snap score can be seen when both the users have added each other. Therefore, when one removes another, both the parties won’t be able to know about the other’s snap score.
If your main intention is to not show your score to a particular friend but keep being noticed by him then simply remove the person from your friend list and he won’t be able to see your Snapchat score.
How to Decrease your Snapchat Score from Profile?
If you don’t want to show a huge score on your Snapchat profile then instead of lowering that you can just hide the score tag from your profile.
1. Limit Sending Snaps:
As you know by sending and receiving the snaps increases the score on the profile. So by limiting these things on your Snapchat profile, you can lower the rate of increase of Snap score on your Snapchat profile.
Like, you can stop or limit sending the snaps your score would not go up and the rate of increase in score will be dropped instantly.
2. Unfriend the Person to Hide Score:
Snapchat doesn’t allow its user to decrease their snap score but it’s possible to hide the snap score. It’s not a direct process but you can hide it only from those specific people whom you don’t want to give access to your snap score count.
You just need to remove or unfriend those people if you’ve added. Once you unfriended a person, he won’t be able to see your snap score.
You can use this way to hide your score from people and your other details would still appear to them.
To unfriend or remove a person from your Snapchat friend list,
- First of all, open Snapchat on your device and you’ll be able to see the camera screen.
- At the top left corner of the camera screen, you’ve your profile bitmoji, tap on it to get into your profile page.
- Now scroll down your profile page and you’ll be able to see the option, My Friends. Tap on it.
- You can use the search box to search for that specific person you want to remove.
- Tap & hold on to name for 2 seconds and you’ll find some options flashing your screen.
- Tap on the option More. From the next set of options tap on Remove Friend.
- You need to confirm it by tapping on Remove and that person will be from your friend list.
Now he or she won’t be able to see your Snap score.
3. Block the Person to Hide Score:
Another way to hide your Snap score is by blocking that person so he won’t be able to find you on Snapchat. If you block someone then, that person won’t be on your friend list anymore and won’t have access to visit your profile to stalk your Snap score.
As the person is no longer on your friend list, he or she won’t be able to check your profile. Your blocking hides your snap score as well as your entire profile.
To block someone on Snapchat,
- Firstly, open Snapchat on your phone and head on to the profile page by tapping on the bitmoji at the top left.
- Scroll down to tap on My Friends.
- Scroll down or use the search box to locate that particular friend whom you want to block.
- Tap on the name and hold it for 2 seconds.
- As the set of options prompts your screen, tap on More.
- Now tap on Block and it’s done.
The person won’t be able to find your snap chat profile to stalk your Snap score.
How Does the Snapchat Score Adjust on your profile?
Snapchat has several tricky features and one of those is the Snap score.
Let’s take a closer look at what works and what does not for increasing Snap score:
- Snap score gets increased when you sent and receive snaps. So it’s the combined number of snaps the users have sent and received.
- When you sent a snap, you get a point for that and it increases your snap score. Therefore when any snap is sent or received the users gain a point which further increases the score.
- You can’t gain points to increase your score by posting Snapchat stories as that doesn’t count.
- Using Snapchat for chatting and posting stories, won’t increase your score. But it can only go up when you sent snaps using Snapchat to your friends.
- Other than the snaps sent or received which increases the score, snap score also counts the number of stories you’ve viewed on Snapchat and the number of friends you have. Even it includes how many discover videos you’ve watched.
Hence, the points gained from doing these activities on Snapchat increase the Snapchat score.
Moreover, it’s not just a mere combination of the number of snaps sent or received but the users also gain points when they sent a snap to multiple users at once. All of these mentioned factors gain a score and the combination of which is viewed as snap score in the Snapchat profile.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explained that it’s not possible to decrease your Snap score from its current number, you can just hide it. Snap score gets increased when you send or receive snaps so you can put a cap by not doing that to lower the score rate. However, you can block the person or remove them from friends to make your score disappear from the profile.
- How to Allow Camera Access on Snapchat? – iOS
- How To Remove Multiple Friends on Snapchat At Once
- How to Re-add Someone on Snapchat if Lost the Username?
- How to Recover Hacked Snapchat Account?
- How to Get a Streak Back on Snapchat?
- How to Delete a Sent Snap on Snapchat?
- What Happens When You Delete an Unopened Snap?
- How to Reset Your Snapchat Password without Email?
- How To Fix ‘Oops! We could not find matching credentials’ on Snapchat?
- How to Delete Messages on Snapchat?