Your Quick Answer:
- To fix if the TikTok application is not working, you’ll need to use the Downdetector tool and check if TikTok is facing a server issue.
- Search for TikTok in the input box of Downdetector and see if the results tell anything about TikTok experiencing glitches.
- The issue can also be fixed by clearing the cache data of the application and then restarting it.
- If the issue is due to an unstable internet connection, you need to switch to a stable and better wifi connection to fix it.
- TikTok sometimes fails to function properly mainly because of two reasons: bugs in the application that can be fixed by reinstalling the app and server issues.
- If you want to use TikTok on a PC, you’ll take help from the tool named BlueStacks to do it.
- The TikTok links sometimes fail to work on Messenger if the content is not available in your country, has been deleted, or taken down because of a violation of policy or guidelines.
How to Know if TikTok is Not Working for All?
If the TikTok application is not working, you need to first find out if it’s a server issue. If there’s a server issue it would affect all the TikTok users and not just you. Therefore, you’ll need to find out if TikTok is down for all the users or if it’s just for you.
You can find out whether TikTok is facing a server breakdown or not by using the Downdetector app. This tool is available both in the form of an app or you can use it from the browser too.
You can download the app from Google Play Store for Androids and App Store in case you use an iPhone.
Downdetector is effective in letting you know if any app, network, or even channel is facing a server issue at the moment.
The interface is very user-friendly and easy to use.
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: You need to open your browser and search for Downdetector.
Step 2: From the search results, click on the first link to get to the tool’s web page.
Step 3: Click on the magnifying glass icon at the top and then enter TikTok to search whether it’s facing an issue or not.
Step 4: If the results say that TikTok is experiencing issues currently, then you can be sure that it’s down. But if it says User reports indicate no current problems at TikTok then you need to know that the cause of the issue is something else.
How to Fix if TikTok is Not Working?
There are some methods that you can perform to fix this issue:
1. Clear Cache & Restart TikTok
Another way to fix the TikTok application when it’s not working is by clearing the cache data of the application and then restarting it. Clearing cache data will help to solve all the glitches in the app which will result in the app being able to function better. It doesn’t delete the app data so you need not be worried about your videos or posts getting deleted.
Clearing cache data only deletes the old and miscellaneous files of the application that have taken up unnecessary spaces. Therefore, after you delete the cache data of the app, it will clear up some memory space too. After the deletion is done, open the TikTok application and you’ll be able to see that the glitches are gone and it will function normally.
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Open the TikTok application.
Step 2: Next, head on to your profile page by clicking on Me.
Step 3: Then you’ll be able to see the three dots icon. Click on it.
Step 4: Now that you’re on the Settings and Privacy page, you’ve to scroll down to the end of the page to find the option Clear Cache.
Step 5: Next to Clear Cache, you’ll be able to see the amount of cache data.
Step 6: Click on Clear Cache to delete it.
Close the application. Then again restart it.
2. Switch Internet Connection
If your TikTok application is not working, it might be because of internet connection issues. Sometimes the apps that work on data connection or WiFi, stop working if the WiFi is unstable or if there’s no data connection at all. Therefore, you need to check and fix it. If your data connection is slow, it might be possible that the issue is probably because of it. Therefore, you need to connect to a stable WiFi connection to fix the issue. However, if your WiFi connection is weak and unstable, switch to another WiFi connection.
As soon as your internet connection gets fixed, so will the app. You’ll be able to see the app will start to function normally again.
Why Does This Issue Occur on TikTok?
You have many reasons for which this issue occurs on TikTok:
1. Due to TikTok server Issue
Tiktok stops functioning mainly because of server issues. When an app suddenly stops working due to server issues, it faces login problems and saving or sharing of video issues too. Where there’s a server issue, it has to be fixed by the TikTok authority itself. As server issues restrict the connection to the internet, the app stops working.
However, you can try several fixes by yourself too. You can restart your device and then open the application to see if it works. If it doesn’t work, you can also switch your network connection from mobile data to a stable WiFi network. If none of these works, wait for TikTok to fix the issue.
2. Bugs in App
Bugs in the application can also cause the application to not function properly. If there’s a bug in the app, it can restrict many features from working. When it’s an app glitch, the issue can be solved very quickly by reinstalling the app after uninstalling it. To reinstall it, use Google Play Store.
You can uninstall the app by heading to the Menu of your device and then click and hold the application. You’ll see a set of options, click on Uninstall to delete the application from your device.
🔴 Steps To Reinstall:
Step 1: After uninstalling TikTok, go to Google Play Store.
Step 2: Search for the TikTok application in the input box and then from the search result click on the Install button next to the TikTok.
Step 3: After installing the app, open it and log in to your account. Check and see if the issue has been fixed or not.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explained all the various causes and solutions to fix the TikTok application when it’s not working. When the TikTok application is not working, it can be because of a server issue, which you can confirm using the Downdetector tool. You can also clear the cache data of the app to fix the issue. If it’s caused due to an unstable internet connection, you need to switch to a better WiFi connection. When the TikTok application fails to work because of an app glitch, you have to reinstall the app after uninstalling it.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How Can You Run TikTok on Laptop?
You can run the TikTok application on your laptop too. However, if you use Tiktok’s website, you won’t be able to use the inbuilt editing tools to edit your videos before uploading. Therefore, you need to use an Android emulator named BlueStacks to run the TikTok application on your laptop. It will allow you to access the mobile version of TikTok on your Laptop. It’s very easily available to be downloaded and installed on both PC and Mac. The software is free for everybody to use.
Steps to Follow:
- Download BlueStacks.
- Next, you need to install the software on your computer.
- Open it and you’ll be directed to the homepage.
- From the homepage, you need to head on to the Game Center.
- You need to click on Google Play Store from the Recommended section.
- Sign in to Google Play Store and then download and install TikTok.
- You need to go back to BlueStacks and then head on to its library. There you’ll find TikTok, open it to use.
- It will look very similar to how you use it on mobile. In case of uploading videos, you’ll need to first upload them on BlueStacks and then you can upload them on TikTok.
2. How to Fix if TikTok links are not working in Messenger?
- TikTok links sometimes fail to work in Messenger when the content isn’t available to be viewed in your country.
- Even if the content associated with the link is deleted by the owner, then the link would fail to work.
- It is also possible the link is broken which is why it won’t lead to any video.
- Often when some videos are reported by the viewers to have violated certain policies or rules, it gets taken down by TikTok.
If the link you’re trying to open is connected with a video that’s inappropriate and has been taken down by TikTok, it won’t work and the link will fail to open.
- How to Find Favorites on TikTok?
- How to Tag Someone on TikTok after Posting?
- How to Fix ‘Too many attempts. Try again later’ on TikTok?
- How to Crop TikTok Video without Watermark?
- How to Fix TikTok Couldn’t Upload Video Saved to Drafts?
- How to Go Live on TikTok without 1000 Followers?
- How to Find Saved Videos on TikTok?
- Why is the Repost Option Not Showing on TikTok? – How To Fix
- How to Check Who Viewed your TikTok Profile?
- How To Fix TikTok is Not Working?