PLDT router is one of the most commonly used routers in the Philippines. Don’t get confused about the PLDT ISP company, we are here, will discuss the PLDT router.
Setting up a PLDT router is quite easy. In my experience, while I was guiding someone for limiting his PLDT router bandwidth, that QOS set up was finished just under 7 minutes.
Yes, it worked and now I will share the exact same guide that will help you limit your PDLT router Wi-Fi speed to save the most speed for yourself.
PLDT provides Home ADSL routers along with packages. If you have brought this router and you have limited data connected with many active clients then limiting the bandwidth on PLDT Home ADSL router might help you for sure to save the data usage.
You can use the QoS setup on your PDLT router to control download and upload speed of other wifi users connected to your router.
You can choose, A specific device by its MAC address to limit the speed.
As the process will be done online using your browser, you don’t need an ethernet cable to complete the setup.
If you need to block unwanted devices you can enable MAC restriction for your router or you can hide your WiFi SSID also. That will be the best idea to prevent unwanted connection to your router.
But, now let’s discuss the WiFi speed limit process. You just have to use the Traffic Shaping option on your router to do this.
If you can’t find the traffic shaping option then just follow the steps which are shown below to limit wifi bandwidth on PLDT router:
4 Steps to Limit WiFi Bandwidth on PLDT Router
At first, go to ADSL login window and login with the credentials. [User Name: adminpldt & Password: 1234567890]
Next, open on ‘Advanced‘ settings then click on ‘QoS‘. Now click on ‘Traffic Shaping‘.
Then, click on ‘Add‘ button to setup the bandwidth limit. In the form, just fill the Src MAC with the MAC of the device. Now, fill the Up Floor, Up Celling & Down Floor, Down Celling. Then click on ‘Apply‘ button.
Once you click on Apply, just to save the settings click on ‘Save/Apply‘.
Benefits of Traffic Shaping (QoS):
- You can use full speed if not limited speed for your device.
- Other wifi users will not be able to get extra speed than what you have set for them. Your data will be saved.
- You will get more speed and can complete a download in less time than before.
- QoS setup is permanent. The MAC address is the main part here. Always set a correct MAC to limit the bandwidth successfully.
- Wirelessly Connect PC Internet to Mobile
- How to Limit Bandwidth on a Netgear Router? [genie, N-Series]
- How To: PLDT ADSL Router Bandwidth Limit
- 192.168.2.1 – Login ALL Digisol [Static & PPPoE]
- How to Connect Mobile internet to Laptop? – Complete Guide
- Limit WiFi Speed for Others [All-in-One] Full Guide
- Configure Tenda Router [Username-IP-Password]
- Change SSID and Password on Digisol, Tenda, TP-Link, Netgear, D-Link
- How to Hide WiFi Network SSID on Tp-Link & Linksys?
- Change IP Address to Another Country [MAC & Windows 10]