Your Quick Answer:
- Even TikTok notifies some users if someone just viewed their profile but that is optional and shows to some people at a particular time.
- If you actually want to view the profile viewers just by tapping on an option then the only way on the app is from the notifications tab.
- As of now, TikTok would not let you know who viewed your videos or profile but it notifies users if certain people looked at your profile which you can see in the notifications tab. Note that this is even no longer an active option for all TikTok users.
- To know if someone viewed your TikTok profile, first, you have to set up to let anyone view your profile making your profile public (if it’s Private, just turn it Public) or you can switch to a Pro TikTok account for the analytics of viewers, it’s free.
This article will explain the all methods that you can use in order to view the TikTok profile viewers and to know if someone viewed your TikTok profile or videos just by using simple techniques.
How to Tell if Someone Viewed your TikTok Profile?
If you want to check on the people who are visiting your TikTok profile to know the engagement of your account or just for privacy reasons then it is possible however it is a bit complicated as TikTok has recently stopped showing the users who have visited your profile.
This happened to those users who have updated their TikTok app, now they can only see the comments and likes that are added to their TikTok posts. The ways by which you can know if someone viewed your TikTok profile are the following:
- You can check when someone likes or comments on any of your videos from the TikTok activities tab but if you have not updated your TikTok app then you can receive a profile viewers notification in which a list of people who have recently visited your profile will be displayed.
- Another option to check who has viewed your TikTok profile is the TikTok Pro. It is another alternative that provides an extremely convenient way to check the people who viewed your profile as it even shows the username of those accounts while other platforms will only provide the visitor count.
- If you are using the old version of TikTok you can even receive a notification that tells you when someones like or comments on any of your TikTok videos.
- You have to make sure that your account is public to receive those notifications.
1. Switch to the Pro Account
A TikTok pro account is generally used to get the analytics of the activities of your TikTok account so that you can view the number of people who have visited your account. By switching to the TikTok pro account you can also see the dates and times in which your TikTok videos were most frequently viewed by other TikTok users.
This is a very great application for those who are trying to increase their followers as well as engagement on their TikTok profile. On the bright side, you do not have to pay even a single penny as the TikTok Pro account is free for all TikTok users.
All you have to go to Settings>>Tap on ‘Join TikTok Testers’>>Continue with Pro.
2. From TikTok Notifications – Who viewed your profile
The users who are still using the old version of TikTok can receive a notification when anyone visits their TikTok account. But for now, this feature has been removed by TikTok therefore all the users who have updated their TikTok app will not receive any notification regarding the users who have visited their profile.
But if you are still using the old version of TikTok you can easily get a list of people who have visited your TikTok account and will even receive a notification whenever you have a new visitor to your profile.
To check that list of the people who viewed your TikTok profile:
Step 1: First of all, open your TikTok application.
Step 2: Directly go to your profile or account screen.
Step 3: Then click on the ‘Notifications‘ option.
Step 4: After that click on the option “Visitors Alerts”.
Step 5: Then you will need to click on the option which tells you who has viewed your TikTok profile.
Step 6: Finally a list of TikTok users will appear in front of you who have visited your profile in the last two days.
3. You have to Turn the Private account to Public
You can get a list of TikTok users who have recently viewed your TikTok profile but only if you have a public account. This feature will not work if you are using a private account on TikTok.
But it is completely in your hands whether you want your account to be public or private and you can switch these options easily whenever you want.
Therefore, if you receive the notification which tells you who has visited your profile even when you are using the old version of TikTok then this means that your account is private.
You can switch your account from private to the public but just following a few simple steps:
- Step 1: Open your Tiktok app.
- Step 2: Then go to Me, or your account screen.
- Step 3: After that click on the three-dotted line option “…”, present at the top right corner of your screen.
- Step 4: Then click on “Privacy & Settings”.
- Step 5: After that click on the option “Privacy & safety”.
- Step 6: Now turn off the ‘Private Account’ toggling to left.
Once it is turned off then your account is now public.
No third-party tools
You might wonder if there is any third-party app that can show you if someone has viewed your TikTok profile. The answer to this question is pretty clear and straightforward-No.
There are no third-party tools that can help to view those people and if there is some tool that is sating to show you the usernames of the people who have visited your profile then clearly it is a lie.
Because there is no such third-party tool till now for checking the TikTok viewers. Therefore, for the users who have updated their TikTok app, no way can help them to know the usernames of the people who have visited their account, yet.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explained the methods that you can use in order to confirm if someone viewed your profile on TikTok just by looking at the comments and likes. There was another way that TikTok could notify you but that is no longer available.