Your Quick Answer:
- To know if someone muted you on Instagram, you have to add the person to your Close friend’s list first.
- Now post a story and change the story settings to ‘Close friends’ means only your close friends can see the story. Now, wait and check whether the person is on the viewer’s list or not.
- You can use third-party apps like ‘Followmeter’ to find the number of ghost followers on your account. There is a high chance that the ghost followers have muted your account.
- Open the app login with your Instagram credentials, then purchase their feature and use it. Post stories repeatedly and check the viewer’s list to check the person’s name in the list.
If it crosses over weeks and you can’t see the person’s name then there is a chance that they might block you.
How to Know if Someone Muted You on Instagram:
Just like other social media platforms on Instagram you can not say that you have been blocked by someone because no list will show you that the person who muted you on Instagram.
1. Add Person to Close friend’s list:
To determine who has muted you on Instagram first you can add the person to your close friend’s list and post a story on Instagram only for your close friends.
Then wait and check whether the person has viewed your story or not. If they have viewed your story then they didn’t mute you but if it is not then you have muted because the person who has muted you can not see your stories.
Step 1: Add the person to your close friend’s list
To add a person to your close friend’s list first open Instagram and log in to your account. Then click on your profile icon from the bottom right corner and enter it into your profile page. There at the top right corner, you can see the ‘Menu’ icon (‘three parallel horizontal lines’ icon) click on it and a pop-up will come from the bottom where you can see the option ‘Close Friends’.
Hit the option and you will enter the close friend’s section now tap on your friend’s name whom you want to make your close friends and then tap on the ‘Done’ button, and they will be listed on your close friend’s list.
Step 2: Post a Story for Close Friends only
To post a story for close friends only first tap on your profile icon from the ‘Story’ section in the top bar or you can tap on the ‘+’ icon which is at the top right corner just beside the message icon.
Then tap ‘Story’ and select a photo, video, or text whatever you want to share in your story then for photos you can see the ‘Close friends’ option at the bottom tap on it, and for videos you can see ‘Next’ icon at the bottom left, tap on it and then select ‘Close friends’. After that in both cases, your story will be posted only to your close friends.
Step 3: Wait and check whether the person has viewed your story
Now, wait and check whether the person has viewed your story. If the person views your story then they didn’t mute you and if it is not then either they have no time to see your story or the person muted you.
Share your story repeatedly with your close friends to avoid the first case. You can update your list at any time and remove followers from the list. Also, people will not be notified when you add or remove them from your list. So you can do the same process multiple times for multiple users.
2. Use a Third-party App:
Sometimes third-party apps also help you to determine who has muted you on Instagram. Followers that are not interacting with your posts are termed ghost followers on Instagram.
Third-party apps give you the feature to see the list of the ghost followers of your account because there is a high chance that some of your ghost followers have muted your posts. You can search for any Instagram insights or Instagram analyzer apps in your Google Play Store and then download them. In most cases, these features are paid so you have to purchase their subscription to use this tool.
If you do not purchase the feature, you would not be able to use this tool. After purchasing their subscription you can check the number of ghost followers of your account. There is a high chance that they’ve muted your posts because they are not interacting with any. Here we are talking about the ‘Ghost Followers’ feature of the ‘Followmeter’ app.
Steps to use The ‘FollowMeter for Instagram’ app:
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Open your Google Play Store/App Store and search for it and download the application.
Step 2: Then enter your Instagram login credentials and log in to your account.
Step 3: Next, you enter a page where you can access a lot of things, including some paid and unpaid features.
Step 4: The features like ‘Ghost Followers’, ‘Blocked You’, ‘Secret Admirers’, ‘Top Likers’, and ‘Top Commenters’ are paid features ($5.64/mo).
Step 5: After purchasing their feature scroll down the homepage and tap on the ‘Ghost Followers’ list and you can see the list of the followers who are less interacted with your post.
Video on How to Know if Someone Muted You on Instagram:
3. Post Stories Most Frequently:
Instagram story is the place from where you can easily determine if someone has muted you or not. There are certain possibilities that the person does not have enough time to see stories or the person is inactive on Instagram.
So you have to do the process repeatedly because if the person does not mute you then you can see their name in any of your post’s viewers list. You just have to post stories every day and wait to see the viewers’ list after every 24 hours of posting the stories, do this as much as you can to find the person on the viewer’s list.
If you posted multiple stories over weeks/months and the person didn’t view your stories, then they might have muted your stories.
- How to Fix if Instagram Archive Stories Missing?
- Can You Restore Comments on Instagram after Unblocking?
- How to Add Line Breaks in Instagram on iPhone?
- Can You See Who Views Your Instagram Profile?
- How to See Who Viewed Instagram Highlights After 48 Hours?
- What Happens When You like and Unlike an Instagram Post?
- Instagram Story Not Posting – What To Do
- How to Find Instagram users who don’t Follow you back?
- Why Does Instagram Show Error when Uploading Videos?
- What happens When you Delete a Conversation on Instagram?