Your Quick Answer:
- If you open your Instagram app, log in normally, and see that your homepage is showing as “Couldn’t refresh feed”, you can correct it with three methods.
- Log out and log in: It might just be an app glitch, so you can wait and refresh the app. But if that still does not work, you can log out of your account and try logging in again.
- Restart your device: Try restarting your device if you have tried the above step and started the app, but the glitch is still occurring.
- Clear cache: Many temporary files are saved in your phone’s memory when you use your device’s apps. This is known as a cache.
- These files, as such, do not carry much important or valuable information, so you can clear them out without any stress of losing important information.
- If you open the Insta app and see that it “couldn’t refresh feed”, it could be because of many reasons like maybe your Insta app is not updated, you have a slow internet connection, or maybe it is an app glitch, or you have been “Action blocked” by Instagram.
Video on Instagram Couldn’t Refresh Feed Error:
Why Couldn’t Instagram Refresh the Feed?
There are a few reasons that you have to look at:
1. The Instagram App is Out of Date:
If you open the Instagram app and face any issues with Instagram and think it is not because of a bad Internet connection and app glitches, make sure your app is up to date because sometimes, if the app is not updated, it can cause this problem. If you have the auto-update, switch it on, and the apps automatically install new versions. However, if it is not working, you need to upload new versions.
2. The Instagram Server is Down:
Like any other social media platform, Instagram is not all-time perfect, so sometimes, the reason for errors of these types is the Instagram app glitches themselves. If you want to check if Instagram is down, you can use services like Down Detector, which tells you the app status, or regularly check Instagram’s official Twitter account, where they update people if there is any error currently occurring.
3. Slow Internet Connection:
A slow internet connection is the most common reason you may see the error. But the good thing is that this can be easily resolved, sometimes even with no effort from your end. Poor WiFi or mobile connection, low speed, and provider issues on their end might be why Instagram can’t refresh your Feed. Make sure your mobile data or Wi-Fi is turned on and works well. Try using other apps or open various pages on the net. Besides, don’t forget to check if you’ve paid for the services this month. If there are any issues with the Internet, get in touch with your service provider.
4. Action Blocked by Instagram:
Action blocked on Instagram means you are operating Instagram and taking too many actions simultaneously, such as following too many people at once or unfollowing too many people once or even liking too many people at once. You’d get action blocked from a 24-hour day to 24 days, depending on how the app updates its rules. This can also be why your Instagram is showing ‘Couldn’t refresh your feed”. All you can do is wait until this “action blocked” is removed.
How to Fix Instagram Couldn’t Refresh Your Feed?
There are a few methods that you can try to fix the Instagram-feed related issues:
1. Log out and Log in Again on Instagram:
Follow the below steps:
Step 1: Open Instagram and Go to profile
Now you have your app open, and you have logged in, and now you go to your profile by clicking on the profile photo on the right corner below your page. Now you reach your profile page.
Step 2: Settings > Log out
Now tap on the three horizontal line icons on the top right of the page. A panel slide appears. Choose the first option, which reads ‘Settings’. Now once you have opened the settings page, scroll down, and in the end, there will be an option saying, “log out from your account name”. Click on that and log out.
Step 3: Login again
Now open your Insta app again and log in with your ID and password. Now check the glitch might be gone; refresh your Feed now.
2. Restart your device:
Now, if you have tried the above step and started the app but the glitch is still occurring, then try restarting your device
⭐️ Android users:
Step 1: Press and hold the “Power” button until you see the “Options” menu.
Step 2: Select either “Restart” or “Power off”. If you choose “Power off”, you can turn your device back on again by pressing and holding the “Power” button.
⭐️ iPhone users:
Step 1: Press and hold the “Sleep/Wake + Volume Up” button on your device and hold it for a few seconds until you see the words “slide to power off”.
Step 2: Swipe on these words to power off your device.
Step 3: Once your device is off, turn it back on by pressing and holding the “Sleep/Wake” button again until the Apple logo appears.
3. Clear Instagram cache:
Many temporary files are saved in your phone’s memory when you use your device’s apps. This is known as a cache. These files, as such, do not carry much important or valuable information, so you can clear them out without any stress of losing important information.
⭐️ Android users:
To clear the cache on Android, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Firstly, open the “Settings” option on your phone.
Step 2: Then click “Apps” and then select the Instagram app, after that click the “Storage” option.
Step 3: Now click on the Clear cache option.
Remember not to mix it up with the Clear data button or permanently lose useful app information.
⭐️ iPhone users:
Here’s how to clear the cache on iOS:
Step 1: Open the ‘Settings’. Find and open ‘General’.
Step 2: Select iPhone Storage.
Step 3: Find the Instagram app, among other applications.
Step 4: Click on the “Offload App”.
- How to Fix if Instagram Archive Stories Missing?
- Can You Restore Comments on Instagram after Unblocking?
- How to Add Line Breaks in Instagram on iPhone?
- Can You See Who Views Your Instagram Profile?
- How to See Who Viewed Instagram Highlights After 48 Hours?
- What Happens When You like and Unlike an Instagram Post?
- Instagram Story Not Posting – What To Do
- How to Find Instagram users who don’t Follow you back?
- Why Does Instagram Show Error when Uploading Videos?
- What happens When you Delete a Conversation on Instagram?