The feature of the private story is one the best elements about Snapchat and the users get excited about it. As we don’t always want to share our daily details with everyone but only with a few, it’s the perfect feature to do so. But often we don’t feel like being a part of someone’s private story due to some or other reason.
Just like it’s upon us to decide whom we want to add to our private story, we can also take steps to leave the private stories of friends which we don’t want to see or it’s not interesting enough to pay attention to.
You can create a custom story and let people join it by tapping on the name. So the stories that are being posted from there will be available only to the friends who are tapping to join the story and can view and post from it. Other than that, it won’t be available to the rest. You can also invite people to join your private story to view it as an audience but they won’t be able to contribute or post from it.
You can even leave someone’s private story if you wish to do so by just selecting the Leave button after tapping on that private story.
If you’re unable to understand how to join a Snapchat private story and if you can leave the ones which don’t excite you enough then you should check this out to know about this in detail. Here you’ll find everything about how to join or leave a Snapchat private story.
How to Join a Private story on Snapchat?
There are two different ways that you can follow to join a private story on Snapchat.
1. Create a Custom Story and Share
If you want to create custom stories that would be available to only those selected people who join it, you can do it in no time by just acting according to the right steps. When you’re creating custom stories you should be aware that those selected few people who join your custom story would also be able to post or contribute just like you.
The mentioned steps will put together all the details that you need to follow and act,
- Open the Snapchat application on your device, now on the camera screen, you need to click a picture or video which you want to post in the custom story.
- Once you’re done taking the picture or video, you will see some options appearing on the right side of the screen vertically.
- Now click on the third option i.e the sticker option.
- You’ll see several stickers prompting on your screen. Above that, you’ll find an option Story. Click on it.
- Between the two options of Custom Story and Private Story, choose the first one of Custom Story. You should know that it enables the audience who joins your story to contribute to it by posting stuff.
- Now launch a name to your custom story and leave the name as a sticker on the story.
- Then post it by clicking on the Send option at the lower right corner.
- Select the +Private Story option and then check the names of the ones whom you want to permit to see your private story.
- Then tap on Create Story.
- Provide the story with a name then click on the Save option.
- Now the story is visible to your selected friends.
When your friends whom you’ve selected to view your custom story, will view your story, they’ll be able to join your custom story by tapping and holding the name sticker. Then options to join the story would appear as Join story. Click on that. As it’s a custom story the friends who are joining the story can contribute to it by adding a snap. For that click on Add a snap.
2. Invite to Join Private story
When you want to make your story available to only some people who join your story you can do that using the Private story feature of Snapchat. It’s not the same as the custom story as it doesn’t provide the viewers with any permission to post any snap to the private story. Only you can post or contribute to it and none else. The Friends who’ll join the story will only view it as the audience.
The following steps will convey the details about how to invite people to join your private story clear and you’ll be able to perform it accordingly without any issues.
- Open the Snapchat application on your device.
- Now on the camera screen capture the photo or video which you want to post in your private story.
- At the right side of the picture, you’ll find some options placed vertically. From there click the third option that is the Sticker.
- Now you’ll find the option Story at the first row of the sticker page. Click on it.
- You’ll find two options prompting your screen. Select the second one that is a Private Story.
- Then write the name of your story inside the box of New Private Story.
- Keep the name as a sticker on your story.
- Then click on the Send to button on the lower right side of your screen.
- You’ll be provided with the options for how you want to post the story. Select the option + Private Story which you’ll find next to the headline My Stories.
- Checkmark the friends with whom you want to share the private story and click on the Create story.
- Save it after naming the story by clicking on the Save button.
- Now the story is visible to the friends you’ve selected.
- When they view your story, they’ll be able to join your story as an audience by tapping and holding the name sticker on the story.
- They’ll find the same name as an option in the promoting menu with Join story written just below it. Clicking on that option they’ll find the Join story option button in blue. Click on it.
- The blue button will turn to grey and the words Joined would flash on the screen after they join your story.
They’ll only be able to view your story but will not be able to contribute to it as it’s a private story and only you have the access to contribute.
How to Leave a Private Story?
Whenever you find a private story appearing on your profile or you have been added to a private story that you don’t want to be a part of you can leave it without any trouble. The steps to leave a private story are quite easy and simple. You can perform it without facing any issues after you know about them from the following points. The following points are the step-by-step guidance that’ll introduce you to the method or process of leaving a private story on Snapchat. If you follow the points mentioned below and do it accordingly, you’ll be able to crack it successfully by leaving someone’s private story.
Note that once you leave a private story of a person, you won’t be able to know or view any of these following private stories.
- Launch the application of Snapchat on your device at first.
- Now from the camera screen, swipe to the left to get into the Stories section of Snapchat.
- If you can locate the private story of the person well and good, but if you cannot find it, use the search box to search for the person’s name. Now if it’s a private story you’ll know it once you see the lock symbol attached to it.
- Now tap on that particular private story and hold it for seconds until some set of options prompt your screen.
- From the options select Leave Story and confirm it by clicking on Done.
You’ll find the story has disappeared from your profile.
Why Can’t you Leave a Private Story on Snapchat?
If you’re unable to leave a private story of Snapchat, then there have to be some of the other reasons behind it.
- It requires you to have an updated version of Snapchat when you are trying to leave someone’s private story. So if you haven’t updated your Snapchat application make sure you update it and then try to. leave the private story again.
- You need to have a stable internet connection when you are leaving a private story otherwise the process won’t work and you won’t be able to leave the private story. Check if your data connection is on if your device is connected to working wifi and then try again.
Note that if you’re unable to leave a private story in Snapchat even if your device has a stable internet and updated version of the application then there are chances the user has already taken it down or it has been more than twenty-four hours so the story has disappeared.
Remove Someone from Your Private Story
In the situation when you would like to remove people from your private story, Snapchat provides you with full support. You can remove a friend whom you no longer wish to share your private story just by acting according to the mentioned steps. Even if you’ve mistakenly added someone to your private story you can remove that person without even facing any minor issues. The jotted down steps will help you know all the details about how to do remove a friend from your private story.
Note: Snapchat won’t notify the person that you’ve removed him or her from your private story. So you need not worry about it and proceed ahead to act according to the mentioned steps.
- Open the Snapchat application, navigate to your private story by clicking on the profile icon which you’ll find at the top left corner of your screen.
- Under the My Stories headline, you’ll be able to see your private story.
- Next to the right side of the story title, you’ll find the three-dot icon. Tap on it.
- Now from options appearing, choose the option See viewers & tap on it.
- You’ll be able to see all the people’s names checked who are added to your private story.
- Uncheck the circle adjacent to the names which you want to remove and confirm that the rest of the checked names are still unchanged.
- Now click on the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
The removed person won’t have access to any of your future private stories.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explains the ways to join or leave a private story on Snapchat, also explained the steps to follow to use the private story in a better way.
- Snapchat Story Viewer Online – View Story
- How to Hide Someone on Snapchat? – Without Them Knowing
- Recover My Eyes Only Pictures on Snapchat – Bypass Passcode
- How to Decrease or Lower your Snapchat Score?
- How to Save Snapchat Photos in Gallery? – Automatically
- Unlock a Permanently Locked Snapchat Account – 2021
- Get Subscribe button instead of Add Friends on Snapchat
- How to Hide your Snapchat Score from Everyone? – Update
- Does Snapchat Notify if You look at someone’s Location?
- 5K Subscribers on Snapchat Mean and How to Get there