Your Quick Answer:
- Snapchat does show the ‘Pending’ whenever you send a message and it was not delivered.
- This happens when you snap at someone who is not friends with you but if the issue occurs with your friend whom you already added then that means two different things.
- If you just see pending that means the person is still not being added to you on Snapchat or if was then might be he has blocked or unadded you.
- Generally, when you send a snap you will see the ‘Pending’ for those who are not your friends and ‘Delivered’ for your friends.
- The ‘Pending’ on the sent snap means either the person is not on your friend list on Snapchat or he has blocked you.
- Although in case sending a long file could show you pending until the file is uploaded completely, that is temporary.
You should know what differs in the results of blocking someone vs removing from Friends.
There are a few facts you might know if you’re wondering if they would be able to view the pending snaps.
If you get failed to send a few snaps, then you can also delete the failed snaps.
All of the ‘Pending’ snaps stay for a maximum of 30 days and after that, those are removed from the Snapchat server.
In this article, you will know about the term ‘Pending’ when you send a snap to your Snapchat friend. Whatever the reasons are i.e. blocked by the person, you’ve been unadded or you’re still not added that person to your friend’s list.
Meaning for Pending on Snapchat when Still Friends
Pending means, you or your friend is still to add each other as a friend on Snapchat or accept the other person’s request in order to get all snaps to be delivered. Either the person has removed you because you ignored them or blocked you tend to see this.
Unfortunately, this means that they have removed you from friends or blocked you. A way you can tell is if you click on their profile and DO NOT see their snap-score number, this is an indication that you’re removed by him and you also the the ‘Add friend’ button but if the profile is no longer found then he deleted you.
If you see the ‘Pending’ on Snapchat but those are still friends then the reasons might be these:
- You are no longer their friend as he may have deleted you.
- Sometimes because of slow internet connectivity messages are pending for a while.
- Sometimes it may be a Snapchat glitch, an internal error.
- Might be your friend has blocked you.
- Maybe your friend has not accepted your friend request if you readded him.
These are the most possible reasons for getting the ‘Pending’ on your Snapchat. As soon the person receives the snap (once the request is accepted) it will turn into ‘Delivered’ red. For that, he must be added as a friend on Snapchat.
Does the Blue mean Pending on Snapchat?
The blue arrow Delivered means you’ve sent a message to someone on Snapchat but that is yet to be received. It is still not delivered or opened by the recipient.
It is an indication that the person isn’t present on Snapchat and the message isn’t reached his Snapchat due to network issues or something else.
How long do the Pending messages on Snapchat last?
Your snap would not be delivered if he is not friends with you on Snapchat. As long as the person accepts your request the message is delivered. But, if not then within the next 30 days your messages will be deleted.
If after receiving and viewing the message stays there, you can read this guide on why the snaps are not disappearing.
It happens because of the fixed algorithm of Snapchat. You can see your Pending message for 30 days. After that, your pending message will be removed by Snapchat from the server and if the person even accepts the request after that time, the snap will not be delivered later than 30 days.
That Means Pending Delivery on Snapchat:
So, when you see the blue icon on your sent snaps that just means that you have sent it but the person has not received this. Once the person has received the snap the icon will turn into a red ‘Delivered’ tag.
Why Does it Show ‘Pending’ on Snapchat?
If you just see the ‘Pending’ tag on the sent snaps or messages on someone’s name that could mean several things to happen. I have just listed below a few of these:
1. The person is not a Friend on Snapchat
If you just try to send a snap to someone on Snapchat then you will see the ‘Pending’ tag on the sent snaps. This thing happens when a person you have sent a request, to has not added you as a friend.
Basically, pending means that the person hasn’t added you back on Snapchat. So, you can have someone as a friend, send them Snaps, but it won’t be delivered until they also add you as a friend.
That is not an issue and if the person just adds you or accepts your request the message will be delivered to the person & if that happens within the next 30 days.
2. You’re sending a large file in Slow Network
Some network issues in Snapchat can prevent a message to be sent or it can be due to a slow internet connection of your device. Many users face this problem of network issues. In Snapchat, your messages are pending if this issue occurs on your smart device.
Look, if you are trying to send a large file or video to someone else on Snapchat this might take a few moments to be delivered and during that period of time, you will see the ‘Pending’ tag on your sending snap.
Now, this issue is not permanent, once the snap is successfully uploaded and sent to that person that ‘Pending’ tag will turn into delivered.
3. The person has Blocked you on Snapchat
If you are seeing the ‘Pending’ then that is also because someone has blocked you on Snapchat and this is why all of your sent snaps are showing as ‘Pending’. Although, there are several ways to confirm that if someone has blocked your number by checking their username on Snapchat, and if you could not find his profile that means the person blocked you.
However, if you could find the person but there is no snap score on his profile and you are seeing the option to ‘Add Friend’ then the person just removed you or unadded you but not blocked.
In short, when you are blocked by someone on Snapchat you are not able to send any text messages or snaps to your friend. And if you try to send your message it will show you a grey arrow as ‘Pending’.
4. The Snapchat Account is removed
If a person removes his\her Snapchat account or deletes his account on his own and you try to send them messages this will also show as ‘Pending’. Although, sometimes Snapchat itself can remove the account, and sending snaps to those profiles will be marked as ‘Pending’.
Check if Messages are Delivered on Snapchat or Blocked
If you’re looking for ways to identify whether the has received the snap or not then this means two things, either you’re blocked by the person or being removed. But, in case both are not, then the snaps will be delivered. Here are more details about these:
1. If Messages are delivered icon will turn a red arrow – Delivered
Sent, received, and delivered will show as different icon statuses and this is what happens to your snap or message. The ‘sent’ status means you have sent a Snap or chat to someone and the Snapchat server acknowledges it. Delivered means Snapchat has verified the delivery of the Snap to the recipient. First, it will turn blue and once the person gets it on his device the icon will turn red.
2. If blocked Snaps will show as Pending
To find out if you have been blocked by someone is to check your Snapchat contact list. If you don’t see a particular contact listed on Snapchat, chances are, you might have been blocked. Also, try sending snaps to the person if that is shown as ‘Pending’ or moreover if the old chat is auto-deleted then the person definitely has blocked you.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explained all the meaning when you see the ‘Pending’ on the sent snaps on your Snapchat. If you just send a snap and if it’s showing pending that means the person has not accepted your request or unadded you on Snapchat.
- How to Allow Camera Access on Snapchat? – iOS
- How To Remove Multiple Friends on Snapchat At Once
- How to Re-add Someone on Snapchat if Lost the Username?
- How to Recover Hacked Snapchat Account?
- How to Get a Streak Back on Snapchat?
- How to Delete a Sent Snap on Snapchat?
- What Happens When You Delete an Unopened Snap?
- How to Reset Your Snapchat Password without Email?
- How To Fix ‘Oops! We could not find matching credentials’ on Snapchat?
- How to Delete Messages on Snapchat?