Your Quick Answer:
- To recover deleted stuff, you can try to get into the archived section of Messenger and then unarchive the hidden chats from there.
- To recover permanently deleted Facebook messages, you can just unarchive the chats from the archived section.
- You can check the messages from the email notifications that Facebook sends you, every time anyone messages you on Facebook. But for that, you’ve to enable the email notifications in the first place.
- You can also download your Facebook information from the Settings and Privacy section to get a copy of all your Facebook activities and information from where you can restore your deleted messages.
- Even alternative techniques like using the other person’s device to check the previous chats that you’ve deleted can also be possible.
- You can even try and use the Stellar Data Recovery Tool to restore your messages on Messenger.
You can also,
- Install the Facebook Message Recovery tool on your android.
- Connect the phone with your device and run the scan.
- Then choose what to recover from the list of deleted files.
In this article, you’ll be able to know about the effective methods that you can use to restore your permanently deleted messages on Facebook.
Recover Permanently Deleted Messages on Facebook
Just follow the below-mentioned methods in order to recover the deleted messages on Facebook:
1. Recover from Archived Chat options
An effective method to recover missing Facebook chats is to recover the messages from the archived chat section. The chats that you’ve archived instead of deleting can be recovered.
The steps below will let you know how to find the Archived chats section to unarchive the missing chats:
Step 1: Log in to your Facebook account using your phone.
Step 2: On the top right section of the screen, click on the Messenger icon.
Step 3: Immediately you’ll be directed to the Messenger application. Make sure that you’re logged into messenger.
Step 4: On the top left section of the application, it will show your profile picture. You’ve to click on it to proceed.
Step 5: Next, you’ll have to click on the Archived chats option.
Step 6: Now you’ll be taken to the section where all the chats that you’ve archived earlier are displayed. Scroll down to get your desired chat.
Step 7: You can tap and hold that chat for two seconds. Your screen will prompt you with a few options.
Step 8: Click on the first option Unarchive to bring the chat to the main inbox and it’s restored.
To get the chat unarchived or get back the chat to the main inbox, you can directly send a new message to that person. It will automatically unarchive the chat and you’ll be able to recover it.
2. Check from Emails
If you’ve enabled your email notification from chats you’ll be able to receive mail notifications for the incoming messages on Facebook when you’re offline. Therefore if the message notifications are sent to your registered email, you’ll be able to check your emails to view replies from the sender.
If you can’t find a chat on Facebook as it has got deleted somehow, you can also check your email to view the reply from the sender.
Facebook provides the option to get email notifications of messages on your registered email address when you receive any from your Facebook friend. The email will show you the replies or the messages of the sender, therefore even if you can’t find the chat, you’ll be able to see a few replies on the mailbox to view the messages he or she has sent you.
However, you’ll only receive email notifications if you’ve enabled the notifications to be sent via email in the first place from the Settings and Privacy section. Even if you’ve enabled the email notification but have turned off the notification from a particular chat, you won’t receive any email notification for that chat.
A notification email doesn’t show you the entire chat but just the replies of the sender. Therefore you’ll be able to check the messages sent by the sender even though you’ve deleted the conversation.
3. Download your Facebook Information
Here’s another effective technique to get back all your deleted messages. For that, you’ve to download a copy of your Facebook information.
After deleting any messages or chats, they are stored in the settings. Therefore by downloading a copy of your Facebook information you can restore your deleted messages.
To do that, you’ve to act according to the following steps that will help you to download a copy of your information to extract the messages from it.
Step 1: For the first step, log in to your Facebook account and then head on to click the Settings & Privacy option.
Step 2: Next under the General Account Settings, click on the Your Facebook Information option.
Step 3: Then on the right section of the screen, click on the Download your information option to proceed.
Step 4: It will further redirect you to the next page, where you’ll be able to download all your account information and activities.
Step 5: You can click on Deselect All and then checkmark the option Messages to select and optimize the data you want to download.
Step 6: Next, you need to click on the blue Create File button. (You may not see the option, so switch to mobile for downloading the data).
Step 7: As it starts to download, a popup notification will inform you about the same. After the completion of downloading the data, Facebook will notify you.
Step 8: Check your registered email address for a mail from Facebook, which would contain a link attached to it.
Step 9: Click on the link. It will redirect you to the Facebook download page, where you need to enter your Facebook password.
Step 10: You’ll be able to see the file there. Click on the Download option next to it.
Step 11: Next, Unzip the folder and then look for the ‘Index file‘ to extract the deleted messages.
Step 12: Choose and click on the option Messages to see all your deleted messages.
4. Alternative Methods
You can proceed and contact the person whose chats you’ve deleted and then you can use his or her device to check the chats that you’ve deleted considering the other person has not deleted the chat.
This is an easier option where you don’t have to go through any techniques but simply ask the other user whose chat you’ve deleted permanently to let you check the previously deleted messages from his or her device and then import the whole chatbox.
You can use a third-party application like Stellar data recovery tool to recover and restore the deleted messages of Messenger applications.
Here are the steps to use the Stellar data recovery tool software to recover your data:
Step 1: Download and open the software on your computer. Connect your Android to your computer. Now let the software scan your device for all the lost data.
Step 2: After scanning, the screen will display with it the categories of scanned files. It offers a one-click preview of all the scanned data.
Go through the results to preview the data you would like to restore. Next, you’ve to export the files to save them. The files would be saved in PDF format and from there you’ll be able to see all your deleted messages.
The Bottom Lines:
This article sums up all the possible methods to get back your permanently deleted messages. Methods like recovering messages from the archived sections, downloading a copy of Facebook information, and checking the replies from the email notifications are some of the helpful and effective techniques to recover deleted messages.
- What Does Bump Mean on Facebook?
- Add Friend button Not Showing on Facebook – How to Fix
- How to Attach File in Messenger Chat on Phone?
- Can’t See Friend’s Last Active on Facebook Messenger – FIXED
- How to Show Offline on Facebook when Online?
- How to Remove Your Profile Picture on Facebook
- How to Download Audio from Facebook Messenger
- What Does the Following Mean on Facebook?
- Why Can’t I Make a Facebook Avatar?
- How to Add Longer Videos to Facebook Messenger Story?