Your Quick Answer:
- To recover Snapchat memories that are not backed up on your iPhone, you’ll need to open the Snapchat application and then log in to your account.
- Next, you’ll need to click on the Bitmoji icon and then click on the Settings icon.
- You’ll need to scroll down the page and click on the My Data option.
- On the next page, you’ll need to log in to your account.
- Next, scroll down the page and enter the email address that you’ve access to.
- In the next box, you need to re-enter the email address.
- Next click on Submit Request.
- You’ll receive an email within a few days which will have a link attached to it.
- You’ll need to click on the link and download the file on your device.
You can also use recovery software like Wondershare Dr. Fone to recover lost Snapchat memories.
PhoneRescue for iOS is another recovery software that can help you retrieve your lost memories of Snapchat.
Lastly, check the album on your device’s gallery to see if you can find the deleted pictures if there.
How to recover Snapchat memories that are not backed up
There are a few methods that you should try to recover memories from Snapchat:
🔯 Method 1: From My Data archive
When you’ve deleted your Snapchat memories without any backup, you can still get them back by submitting a request to Snapchat. This is basically asking Snapchat to provide you with a file that contains all your Snapchat account data. It can be done from within the Snapchat app itself.
After you submit a request, Snapchat will start to prepare a file containing all your account data including the deleted memories and once the file is ready, it will send a mail to you with a link from where you’ll be able to download it. Once you download the file, you’ll be able to get back your lost memories.
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Here are the steps you need to follow to perform this method correctly:
Step 1: Open the Snapchat application and log in to your account using the correct login credentials.
Step 2: Next, you’ll need to click on the profile Bitmoji icon that’s at the top left of the screen. You’ll be taken to the profile page.
Step 3: Click on the Settings icon that’s at the top right corner.
Step 4: Once you’re on the Settings page, you’ll need to scroll down the list to find the option My Data under the Account Action header.
Step 5: On the next page, you’ll be asked to provide your login details again.
Step 6: Therefore, enter your username or email and the password then click on Log In.
Step 7: You’ll be taken to the My Data page. It contains the name of the items that are included in account data.
Step 8: Scroll down the page and enter your email in the first box. Remember you need to have access to this mail address to receive the exported data that Snapchat will send you.
Step 9: On the next box, re-enter the email address just to confirm it, and then click on Submit Request.
Step 10: After you’re done submitting the request, wait for a few days until you receive mail from Snapchat.
Step 11: Once the archive data is ready, you’ll be able to get an email.
Step 12: From the mail, click on the link to get directed to the My Data page, and then click on the Mydata.zip file to download it on your device.
Video on How To Recover Snapchat Memories:
Method 2: Recover on iPhone with Wondershare Dr.Fone
You can use the recovery software of Wondershare Dr.Fone to scan your iPhone and restore the lost and deleted memories of Snapchat. This is one of the easiest methods that can help you recover Snapchat memories free of cost.
The recovery software of Wondershare Dr.Fone can be used on both iOS as well as Android. It is very helpful in solving the issues related to data loss and data transfer.
Here are the steps you need to follow to use the Wonder Dr. Fone software for recovering Snapchat memories:
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Install Dr.Fone on your PC.
Step 2: Connect your phone to your laptop via USB. Automatically, a window will open on your laptop. It’s the Recover Data from iOS Device window.
Step 3: On the window, you’ll be able to see the green Start Scan button.
Step 4: Click on it to start scanning your iPhone.
Step 5: Once the software finishes scanning, you’ll be able to see the folder on the screen categorized as App Videos and App Photos.
Step 6: You’ll need to preview the folders to find the deleted memories and then select them.
Step 7: Click on Recover to restore them.
Step 8: The deleted pictures will get restored and saved on your computer.
Method 3: Using the PhoneRescue for iOS Tool
You can also use the recovery tool named PhoneRescue for iOS for retrieving deleted Snapchat memories. This tool has helped millions of users to get back their accidentally deleted files. It allows you to preview all the scanned files one after another before you select the needed pictures to rescue them.
Before you begin with the process, you’ll need to install the tool on your iOS and laptop. This method is free so you won’t have to bear any cost of using the tool.
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: After installing the PhoneRescue for iOS software, you need to connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB.
Step 2: Then open the software on your computer. Click on the option Recover from iOS device.
Step 3: You’ll need to click on the arrow to proceed. It will scan and display the items.
Step 4: Then uncheck all the marked items and checkmark the App photos category.
Step 5: Click on the OK button.
Step 6: You’ll need to preview the photos one by one and then select restoring them.
Step 7: You can either click on To Device or To computer according to your choice and then proceed to restore them.
🔯 Alternative Method: Look for It in Gallery
If you have deleted or lost the memories from your Snapchat account, there are still some chances left that you may get them in your device Album. The snaps that you’ve taken on your Snapchat account are allowed to be exported to your device gallery. Therefore, if you’ve previously saved some of your Snapchat memories in your gallery, you may still have them over there.
In your gallery, you can still check in the ‘Recently Deleted’ folder to see if you’ve deleted the pictures that you uploaded to Snapchat or not. If you find the old Snapchat pictures in the deleted section, you can recover them.
You can also check the screenshot folder of your gallery because if you’ve ever taken screenshots of your Snapchat memories, you may get it there.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explains the various methods that you can use for recovering Snapchat memories on iPhone that are not backed up. You can either request a copy of your account data to Snapchat or you can use the recovery tools like Wondershare Dr. Fone or PhoneRescue for iOS to restore lost Snapchat memories.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What to do if memories are not backed up?
If you want to recover your Snapchat memories that you’ve not backed up, you can use any recovery tool to scan your device to find and restore lost Snapchat memories. Recovery tools like Wondershare Dr. Fone are very helpful if you use an iPhone. But if you use an Android, you can use the Tenorshare recovery software.
2. How to back up Snapchat memories?
It’s always best to back up your Snapchat data so that you don’t have to worry about losing it. Snapchat allows you to back up your data within the application so that you can restore it in case of accidental deletion.
Here are the steps you need to follow to back-up Snapchat data:
🔴 Steps To Follow:
- Open the Snapchat application
- Next, you need to click on the Bitmoji icon.
- Click on the gear icon, you’ll be taken to the Settings page.
- Then click on the Memories option.
- Enable the Smart Backup option by check-marking it.
- Now all your memories will be backed up automatically.
- How To Track Someone On Snapchat
- Can You Recover Deleted Snapchat Account?
- How To Reopen A Snap More Than Twice
- How To Join A Private Story On Snapchat
- How To Stop Someone From Adding You To Snapchat Group
- How To Reset Instagram Password Without Email
- How To Send A Picture From Camera Roll As A Snap
- How To Hide Conversations On Snapchat
- How Long Do Snap Map Stories Last
- How To Change Your Avatar On Snapchat?
- How To Tell If Someone Unadded You On Snapchat
- If You Block Someone On Snapchat Can They Still See Your Messages
- Why Can’t I See My Friends Bitmoji On Snapchat?
- How To See Snapchat Conversation History Without Them Knowing
- How To Get Someone To Unblock You On Snapchat