If you make a lighter PDF document then the only text document without images make the size smaller and quicker to send.
Sometimes, due to larger images and lots of images then document size becomes larger, although you can pre-upload the compressed images while creating any PDF file and that could reduce the size up to 60% than normal.
If you want to make a 1MB file to 100-200 kb then you might edit or compress the file and definitely, the quality of the document would decrease in this process.
When you have a larger PDF document and you want to make it compressed for a smaller size version then just edit the file & remove the images and then readjust the pages to make a new lighter PDF.
Now, you can compress the PDF file using the online tools just by uploading and compressing through the tools and the newly-downloaded file will be lesser in size than the original one.
In this article, I will explain the step-by-step guide to edit the PDF file and remove some of its parts to make a lighter document and will mention a few online tools that you can use to compress the PDF document.
Why Should you Compress PDF to a Lower size?
To make it quicker to send.
PDF compressing is very important and should be done for most of the files but without compromising the quality. The main reason one compresses a PDF file is to reduce its size and fix it to the acceptable size so that it will be easier to send that file through mail or any other online portals.
Nowadays, many people are applying for jobs through online sites and the main thing they have to do is to upload their documents and files. In that case, the site might have set some guidelines on the expected file size. So, the PDF file should be compressed and then uploaded to the application.
How to Reduce PDF Size Manually?
PDF can be compressed manually by following several steps. The first and foremost step in compressing PDFs is to remove unwanted images or texts from the file.
- If you have the images handy then you can just compress the images before creating any PDF.
- Simply reduce the size using your Paint tool to a reduced percentage up to 40-50%.
- The first thing you can do just by eliminating the images from the PDF documents that are unnecessary and for this you need to split the PDF into multiple pages.
- For getting the page you can use the online tools in order to split images and then compress each page & re-create the PDF.
- Now if you want to remove a few unwanted pages then you can exclude them and re-create a new PDF file that will have a lower size.
Now after these three steps manual method, i) Reducing pixels by percentage, ii) Compressing images, iii) Eliminating a few pages, you will see a huge decrease in the size of the PDF file and this will help to do get the lower size file.
On choosing one, it shows the file size and you can choose which one you need.
How to Reduce PDF File size below 100 kb?
Sometimes, it is important to reduce the file size even below 100 kb without compromising quality. For that, just use the Adobe Acrobat Pro software to reduce the size.
To reduce the file size from 1 MB to 100 Kb,
- First of all, open the file on the Adobe Acrobat Pro tool and see the quality.
- Click on the File>>Save As Other and then select the option ‘Reduced Size PDF‘.
- In the pop-up window, you will see the version to select to reduce the size.
- Now from the window, once you make the setup complete, click on the ‘OK‘ button and save the new file.
If you check the new file the size will be reduced a lot up to 90% of the original size, just select version 4 as this lowers the size according to the lowermost version you select.
How to Compress PDF to Reduce its File size?
There are countless online sites available to compress the PDF to the expected size. Here is the step-by-step guidance on how to compress it using an online site.
- Open the online site in which you want to compress the PDF.
- It will ask for the PDF file to be uploaded.
- On clicking that a new window will open where you would have saved all your files. Select the PDF file that you want to compress and attach it.
- If you don’t have the PDF file stored in your computer, but in your drive, then choose the option ‘Google Drive’.
- A new window will open and you have to select the mail id in which you have saved the file.
- Once you allow access to your mail, your drive will open from which you can select the PDF.
If you don’t want to attach any files, you can just drag and drop by clicking on ‘Drop files here’ on the online site. If you just have the PDF online, you can select the ‘URL’ option and can copy the URL from the internet and paste it.
How to Reduce PDF File size Online?
Here are three online sites to resize the PDF file and make it up to 100 to 200 kb.
To make the lighter PDF and reduce PDF file size,
- First of all, open the smallpdf.com and scroll down to click on resize pdf.
- A red color box will open along with the ‘Choose files’ drop-down menu or drops the file here below it.
- On clicking the drop-down arrow, select ‘From device’ to choose the PDF file from your computer. You may also drag and drop the file directly using the ‘drop files here’ option.
- Or, select ‘google drive’ to attach the file from the drive.
- Choose basic compression mode and click on it.
Your file will be resized and compressed.
To reduce PDF file size,
- First of all, go to docupub.com.
- Select resize/scale pdf on the topmost row of the site.
- Next, set the page settings as you want on Docupub.
- Upload the PDF file and click on resize.
- After a few minutes, your resized document will be there for you to download and review.
In order to resize the PDF document,
- Go to avepdf.com.
- Click on the choose files and select your PDF file.
- It will take some time to upload the entire pdf.
- Once the document is uploaded, choose the document size you want from the drop-down menu.
- If you choose custom, then you should provide the height and width in millimeters.
- If you choose anything other than custom, like A0, A1, A4, etc., the heights are automatically filled.
- Once the columns are filled, click ‘resize’. The resized PDF will be available to you within seconds.
The Bottom Lines:
As this article explained the methods to compress the PDF file size are by using any tools to resize the file making it up to 100 kb or you can do it manually just by editing and removing the images from the document to make it lighter.