Your Quick Answer:
- To remove or block someone from Snapchat, just go to your Snapchat profile and go to the Friends section.
- Tap on your friend’s profile and hold it, press the “More” button, and then hit the “Remove Friend” button to remove and “Block” to block your friends.
- To block someone on Snapchat, just open his profile and tap the three-dots icon on top, tap onto that and then tap Block.
Here are several things that happen when you block someone vs remove him from friends,
- Like, if you just block someone he/she would not be able to see you again, but if just removed from friends the person can send you a friend request again.
- Also, if you just block the person, he/she would not be able to see your public stories, however, if you just remove the person, will still be able to view your public stories.
- Although, you sent messages also get affected and show as pending.
There are a few things that you should know when you see pending on your sent messages.
Let’s find out the steps to follow to do these actions and what happens in those cases.
How to Block Someone on Snapchat?
You can block your friends on Snapchat by using the following steps:
Step 1: Open your Google Store and search for “Snapchat” and install it.
Step 2: Then log in with your credentials.
Step 3: Go to your profile which is in the top left corner beside the search button.
Step 4: There is a section “My friends” open and you can see your friends there.
Step 5: Tap the friend’s name whom you want to remove and select the “More” option.
Step 6: After that, you can see there is a ‘Block’ on the list. From this, you can block your friend.
If you want to block someone who is not on your friend list, then open the search option and type their name after finding him, hold his username for a second and tap the ‘Block’ option to block.
How to Remove Someone on Snapchat from friends?
In addition to blocking friends, you can remove your friends from your friend list. There is a difference between blocking and removing.
Now follow these steps to remove your friends:
Step 1: You can see the interface with some buttons like a camera icon, gallery icon at the bottom, some reels, music button top right corner, top left corner. You can see there are two buttons. One is the search icon and one is your profile. Hit the profile icon.
Step 2: Scroll down and you can see there is a section called “Friends”. Under this section, there are two options: “Add Friends” and “My friends”.
Step 3: Open the “My friends” section and here you can see your friends list. Choose the friend you want to remove.
Step 4: Tap on your friend’s profile for a second and there is an option “More”. Open it and you can see there is the “Remove Friend” option. From this, you can remove your friend.
What Happens if You Block vs Remove Someone on Snapchat?
There is a difference between the two. If you remove someone, they may still be indirectly connected to you, but this will not happen in the case of blocking.
1. Everything Will be Restricted
Restrictions are very minor for friends who have been removed. Because they are able to see your story and you can search for them and add them at any time. But when you block a person on Snapchat, they won’t see your story or group charm. They will no longer be able to send you messages and their old messages are removed.
Blocked contacts are full of limitations. Anyone can block you, it’s not mandatory that you have to be on their friend’s list. You can connect with them with a new Snapchat account but this person will no longer be with you on this account. If they are not connected to you on any other social media network, then, unfortunately, this feature disconnects all communication between you and them.
2. Public Story would be Visible if you Remove
Snapchat has the feature to share your story with your friends. You can see the stories of others, even those who are not on your friend’s list. Similarly, if you remove someone, they will still see your stories as you would see others. To check if this is happening or not, open the Snapchat app and search for the person, and tap on the circle profile to see the stories.
- Here you can view their stories or you can manually search for their names and open their profiles. Then tap on their profile photo and you will see their story if they share anything.
- But if you block someone, you can not see their story and they can’t see yours.
3. He Can be Found on Search
The Snapchat home screen has a search button in the upper left corner. Here you can find the names of your friends or others to add to your list and subscribe to.
- Now if you remove some friends from your list, you can find them here again. Then you can add them to your friends list one more time.
- But if you have blocked someone, you will not find them in the search option here.
Because they have been permanently blocked from your account. You won’t find them with different accounts, but you can’t do that with the same account.
4. Add button Shows Up
- If someone removes you, you can find them again. Open the Snapchat app and go to the “Add friends” section in the top right corner.
- Search for their names and you will see the “+ Add” button on the right. By pressing this, you can add them to your list once more and start chatting with them.
- But if someone blocks you, your username will not be shown there and that applies to you as same.
You/he will see the “+ Add” button if you unblock him from “Settings”. For that you have to go to the settings in the profile and press “Blocked” and from that, you have to unblock the blocked friend.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explained the things you would experience while you’re blocked or being removed from friends of someone. Although, you can use the “Remove Friend” option if you want to end the relationship temporarily, and you can use the “Block” option if you want to end the relationship permanently with someone. Moreover, blocking someone is more aggressive than removing someone. Because in the case of blocking, they will not be able to contact them in any way.
- How To Fix ‘Oops! We could not find matching credentials’ on Snapchat?
- How to Delete Messages on Snapchat?
- How To Find Someone’s Real Name On Snapchat?
- How To Get Verified On Snapchat?
- How To Screenshot On Snapchat Without Them Knowing?
- How To See Who Follows You back On Snapchat?
- Why Are Random People Adding Me on Snapchat?
- How to See Someone’s Snapchat Friends List?
- Track Snapchat Account Location – Find IP Address
- How to Recover My Eyes Only Pictures on Snapchat?