It is possible to remove passwords from word documents, you can remove the password restrictions using various methods.
There are tools available that have features to remove passwords from word documents. The Passper is the best tool that you can use to remove passwords that takes less than a minute to do.
To remove the password from a word document, either you can upload the password-locked file on the online tools and bypass the password lock or you can zip the Docx file and then modify the files to bypass the password from the protected word document. If you want to do it through the tool or software then you can use the Passper password recovery tool that would work perfectly for unlocking your word document.
You can disable or remove the password and it’s a much easier process when you have the password with you. Then you can just enter the old password and disable the password on the Word document. You can additionally use zipping or online techniques to remove passwords.
In this article, you’ll find all the detailed methods and steps to remove your word document password using different methods.
Remove Password from Word Document Online
If you have a Word document file that is password locked then you can unlock it online.
You can remove the password of your word document using the online tool: LostMyPass
- First of all, go to: https://www.lostmypass.com/file-types/ms-word/
- Fill out captcha if asked then Drop the file to upload online.
- You can choose the file from your device to upload to remove the password from it.
- Confirm the process and the tool will remove the password.
Then you’ll be able to open it without any password and view it.
- This online solution may seem an easy way to unlock or remove passwords from the word file, but it is not safe to hand over some kind of important data to an online website as it may get leaked, spammed, etc.
- You should only use this method when you’re in desperate need to remove the password of a word document as it’s never the best to rely on online websites as it has chances to get revealed of your sensitive data of the file.
Passper Password Recovery to bypass Password on Docx
You can use the tool to remove passwords. You need to have it downloaded and installed on your device to use it to remove passwords from word documents.
- It is an excellent tool that the user can use to handle Microsoft Word tasks like password recovery or removal.
- It has an automatic interface which is preferred by the users.
- The software has a 100% success rate because of the excellent features which work brilliantly to do the task.
- This tool comes with a super-fast speed which removes the password from word documents in no time.
- It only requires you to go through or perform three simple and easy steps to get the password removed.
Follow the steps to use Passper to remove passwords from word documents:
- Download and install the Passper tool on your device and then launch it.
- Choose the option Remove restrictions out of the two choices offered.
- For the next step, upload the file on the tool and then tap on the ‘Remove password’ option.
- Now the software will perform its process to remove the password restrictions of the document.
As soon as it’s done, you’ll be able to see that Restrictions on the Word file have been removed successfully and now you can modify & edit the document without any password.
Disable Password Protection from Word File
You can disable the password protection of your word files. If you can remember the password, then the process might become much simpler.
Hence, you just need to disable the protection as it’s no longer needed. With every version of Microsoft, it has become an easier process about which you’re going to know.
For all the versions, it’s moreover the same and you just need to follow the steps mentioned below to disable the password protection:
- Firstly, open the document by entering the password.
- Now you’ll be able to see the option File at the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on it and it will display you a set of drop-down choices.
- Click and head onto the Info section.
- Then click on the option Protected Document.
- Out of the two prompting options, choose the option Encrypt with a password.
- Now you’ll be displayed with the password box.
- Clear or untick the box and then click on OK to save the new settings.
Now it’s done. You’ll be able to open the file from now on with no password.
Zip the Docx file to Remove the Password
You can even use the zip software for zipping the document and then remove the password protection. This is an excellent way to use free software to remove passwords from word documents.
You need to install the ZIP utility or 7-ZIP software on your computer to perform this technique. If you don’t have these two tools, you can even download any zip software to perform this technique of zipping the Word document and then do some changes to remove the password.
Note: Before you proceed with the steps just make a copy of the document before you start the process.
Follow the steps below to zip the word document to remove the password:
- For the first step, you need to be sure that your selected word file which is password protected has the latest.docx type.
- Change the file type from .docx to .zip.
- Then click on the Yes option on the prompting warning box.
- Now you’ve to open the file using 7- Zip, to do that you need to right-click on the selected file and then open the folder archive.
- Now you’ll be able to access the locked files through the 7 -ZIP utility.
- Next, you need to navigate to the settings.xml file and click to delete it.
- Next press Ctrl+S to save the file and then click on the close button.
- Update the archive by clicking on Yes and then Close it.
- Now rename it to .docx again and you’ll be able to open it without a password.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explained how it’s possible to remove passwords from Word Documents. But you need to perform the exact technique required to carry out the process. You can use online tools like Passper or other password recovery tools to do it. It becomes easier when you have the password of the document and you can just disable or remove the password by confirming it.
- Mouse Cursor is Not Showing – Windows 10 [FIXED]
- How To Automatically Forward Text Messages to Another Number?
- How to Know Who Saved My Number in Contact List?
- Can’t Take Screenshot Due to Security Policy – Fix
- How to Call Back Who has Blocked your Number?
- How to Call Someone From a Different Number?
- Best Bold Text Generator Tools Online
- Best Apps to Play Music while Recording Video
- Reverse Phone Lookup – Best Apps
- Free Sites to Find Out Who is Calling You