Your Quick Answer:
- To remove someone from the active list on Messenger, you have two options – i. Turn OFF your active status & ii. Restrict that person on Messenger.
- Turning OFF your active status will remove the active status list from your Messenger. Hence, this is one way to remove someone from active lots.
- To do so, open Messenger, click on your “Profile Picture” icon on the top left corner and from the appear option list, select > “Active Status” and turn OFF the “Show when you’re active” option.
- Secondly, restricting someone will restrict that person’s activity on your account and won’t even appear on the active list. Well, this is the on-point, direct method to remove someone from the active list.
- To do so, open messenger and go to that person’s chat. On the chat screen, in the very right top corner, tap on the ‘i’ icon, and then, select > “Restrict”. Re-tap on “Restrict” and that it.
How to Remove Someone from Active List on Messenger?
“Active list” on messenger means the list of people who are active on Facebook and messenger or were recently active. It is basically an active status, to show your friends and contacts on Messenger that you are online or were recently online.
However, if you do not wish to show others that you are active, you can “Turn OFF the active status” option on your messenger. It is totally a flexible and voluntary choice to show your active status, and the same goes for other users.
But there is one twist behind this option. That is, if your turn OFF your active status, you too won’t be able to see others’ active status. This twist has become an advantage for those who wish to remove people from the active list on Messenger.
1. Turn off your Active Status:
On messenger, the users have the option to display their active status, and not, if they do not want to. However, this liberty comes with a disadvantage. If you will turn OFF your active status, you won’t find anyone on your active list as well.
In simple words, if your hide your active status (Online Status) with other users on the platform, then, you also won’t be able to see others’ active status, and your active status list will appear empty.
\However, this algorithm of messenger’s active status is very useful for people who wish to remove someone from the active status list. If they will turn OFF their status, they will indirectly remove that person’s active status as well from the list.
So, this was the first method how you can remove someone from the active status list.
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Open the ‘Messenger app’ on your device. Log in, if you haven’t logged in to your Messenger account.
Step 2: Thereafter, when you will get into the application on your mobile device, the “Chats” interface will appear on the screen. Over there, on the top portion, below the search bar, you will see the profile icons of your friends and contact with a green dot on the lower right. This is nothing but the active list of people who are active right now on Messenger, where the green dot is the active (online) symbol.
Step 3: Now, to remove that list and people, click on your profile icon, given in the top left corner of the same screen. Tap on it and your account’s “Me” page will get open, that is, your “Profile Page” on messenger.
Step 4: On the “Me” page, on the top, you will see your profile picture and below that a list of options. Scroll the options list and tap on > the “Active Status” option. This option is under the “Profile” section. Tap and open it.
Step 5: Next, on the ‘Active Status’ tab, you will see a column saying > “Show when you’re active” and a toggle button to ON & OFF that option. So, to turn OFF your active status, tap and Turn OFF the toggle.
(Turn ON sign is > Blue color & Turn OFF sign is > Grey Color)
That’s all. From now, no one, including that targeted person will be removed from the active list.
Video on How to Remove Contact from Messenger:
2. Restrict on Messenger:
The above mention method to ‘Turn OFF’ the active status, will remove all the people along with the targeted one. Also, your friends and contacts, won’t be able to see your active status. If this is what is troubling you, then try this method, i.e., “Restrict on Messenger”.
Restricting someone on messenger means stopping someone from calling you and texting you on Messenger including stopping them to appear on your active list. So, basically, if you restrict someone’s activity on your Messenger, that person won’t appear on your active list as well. Thus, this is the best method to remove a particular, only target person from the list.
Let’s learn to restrict someone on Messenger:
🔴 Steps To Follow:
Step 1: Open your Messenger app and log in to it.
Step 2: When you will enter the app, you will land directly on the ‘Chats’ section. Over there, on the top, you will find a ‘search’ bar.
Step 3: On the search bar, type & search the person you wish to restrict to remove from the active list. Type the name and from the result, select that person. Once found, tap on his username, and the chat space will get open.
Step 4: Now, on the top right corner of the screen, you will see some options such as a phone icon to call, a video call, and an end info “i” icon. This ‘i’ icon will take you to that person’s profile settings page for your messenger.
Step 5: Tap and a tab will get open, where you will that person’s profile picture and some settings options below. From the below-given option, tap on “Restrict” and then, the main target page will appear on screen > “See less of _ without blocking them”.
Step 6: Go to the bottom of the page and tap on “RESTRICT USERNAME ”.
With this, the person will not appear on the active list.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Why can’t I see the ‘Remove contact’ button on Messenger?
In an update released in the year 2020, Messenger has changed some of the options and has installed a new one. In that update, Facebook changed the “Delete” or remove the option to “Block”. If you will block someone, he/she would not see your profile on messenger and this was the same feature behind the ‘Delete’ option.
2. How to Remove someone from Messenger without Blocking?
The best way to remove someone from your Messenger without blocking them is to “Restrict” that person’s account. Open his chat, tap on the “i” icon in the top right corner, and from the appeared list, select > “Restrict”. This will restrict a person from sending you messages.
Another way is to put that person’s chat to “Ignore Messages”. For that, person chat and select the “Ignore Messages” option. This person’s messages won’t trouble you from now.
3. How to Remove Non-Friends from Facebook Messenger?
Block them. Blocking is the best way to remove it silently but completely. Open his/her account and select the block option. This will remove that person from your Messenger. Also, you can put their chats in to “Ignore Messages” section.
- How To Recover Deleted Facebook Account
- How To Change Name In Messenger Without Facebook
- How To Block Someone From Facebook Page Who Hasn’t Liked It
- How To Change Your Language On Facebook
- How To Connect Facebook To Twitter
- How To Change Profile Picture On Messenger
- How To Recover Permanently Deleted Messages On Facebook
- View Private/Locked Facebook Profiles
- How To See Someone’s Facebook Who Blocked You
- Best Facebook Fake Account Finder Apps