Do you anxious about your damaged JPEG files? If your important images are damaged, that feels very disturbing. But, in this content, we are going to tell you how you can repair corrupted photos using some simple techniques.
It is a common factor these days. But, here you will find the solution not only for your corrupted pictures but also for damaged videos and other file types.
“How to understand that your file is corrupted?”
When you keep some files in Hard drive or any flash drive, you may face that some images do not open or look like cracked. That is a corrupted image. Now you will find some easiest ways in this article to fix these dead images.
Fundamentally we are aware that photos are normally in JPG, JPEG or PNG format. It is an incredibly lighter configuration that is the reason the pictures get damaged easily.
If you see these pictures once in a month, then it will not be damaged so easily, but if you effectively committed the error, then we have amazing few techniques for you with the goal that you can bring back your picture to its previous state.
Here in this content, we have shown 3 ways to fix a damaged image file-
- Fix corrupted images online.
- Repair with Stellar Phoenix JPEG Repair.
- Repair images using Command Prompt.
Fix Corrupted Images Online
Online process is very easy to use. You just follow this simple step by step process below to complete. You need a proper internet connection before starting these steps.
- At first, connect to your internet connection then start any internet browser and go to image.online-convert.com.
- After opening the website choose any image file format from the left side on that webpage. As you can see we have chosen PNG format.
- Then select the file which you want to convert to fix the error. Then click on Convert bottom.
After that, you will see it will start converting and will be downloaded automatically to your computer. So by using this process, you can easily repair your corrupted images. You can fix error for you video files also from here.
Repair Pictures with Stellar Phoenix JPEG Repair
Stellar Phoenix is great image repair software. Stellar Phoenix has many types of recovery software. You can easily get back your corrupted pictures using this top rated software.
- At first, download this software and install it perfectly then open it.
- Then click on Add file. After that browse that location where is your corrupt image file is located. Then just select that file and click open.
- After that, you will see your corrupt picture selected into this software. Then just click on repair bottom. It will take few seconds then save the image.
So this is an easy way to fix a corrupted JPEG file by using this Stellar Phoenix software.
Use Command Prompt to Fix Damaged JPEG Files
The command prompt is a very powerful function to repair any file on your PC or laptop and also it is very reliable. If you do not want to use any application then you can use this method efficiently.
- At first, click on your windows Start bottom then search for CMD. Now right click on it and then click on Run as Administrator.
- After opening the command prompt just type sfc/scannow then heat enter bottom. It will take few minutes to survey your computer drive. If this system finds some corrupted files, then it will ask you to restart your computer. Otherwise, it will tell you that Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
After completing this method, you will get a hard scan for all your corrupt files on your PC or Laptop. This approach also fixes silly problems that corrupt files.
Main 3 Reasons that Damage Files
If you are finding reasons for “What Causes a Corrupt File?’ or Causes of image corruption then we are going to discuss some useful points here. There are many several causes that corrupt an image file.
Almost everyone likes to save a huge number of pictures as their memory card. “Why not that?” The picture is an excellent reminder to remind your old memories. But after a long time when we try to see those images, we see a cracked blank image.
Naturally, when a file becomes corrupted, it cannot be obtained and it is a common problem which has been faced by everyone. Nowadays there are different ways to save your corrupt images with that also has some reasons that corrupt images. We have found three main reasons that may corrupt your images and other files described below-
1. Wrong Portion of Hard Drive
The hard drive is the best storage place where we naturally save our image files. But after using a long time, hard drive also go to the end point age. When users save their files to a wrong portion of a hard disk, then it will corrupt automatically. Naturally, users do not know which portion of the hard drive is bad or unstable. So when you save your picture files in hard drive then open it once from that drive so that you can assure the image file has stored in a perfect portion hard drive.
2. Bad CD or DVD
Maximum numbers of people are used to save their important files into a CD or DVD. It is a very secure place and you can also bring the CD or DVD to everywhere. That is why a huge number of people who saved a significantge amount of picture as their memory, use CD or DVD. But sometime we also found that images are corrupted when we try to see those pictures once again. There may be many reasons for that. Maybe the CD did not burn well or maybe be there are some scratches on CD so that the CD cannot open the image properly or when you burned the CD that time you input corrupt images. Maybe you did not use that CD or DVD for a long time that is why it cannot run properly.
3. Files Infected by Viruses
You know it is very well that virus can damage any file in your computer or CD or any storage place. So if you find out some corrupted images files, it may be infected by a virus. The virus can also delete files, so it is possible that virus may remove any program from image file if your computer, CD or any storage infected. So not only images are important in your life but there are also some important document files which can easily be deleted. That is why you should use antivirus or if you have then scan your computer drive regularly so that you can prevent this problem.
These are the main reasons that corrupt files and after using any of these methods to fix the corrupted files you will surely get it fixed.
Author: Saheb Baitha
Saheb Baitha is Co-Founder of Techniquehow.com. He is a professional blogger since 2016. He mostly writes on Windows, PC and Tech Tips.