WeChat chat history can be restored but there are some tools and methods that you need to know about. This issue of losing chat history or being unable to restore the chat history has become an issue among WeChat users.
The Android users and iPhone users should know that to restore the WeChat chat history they have to follow two different methods and not the corresponding one.
But, if your chats weren’t backed up and now you want to restore them then you need to use some third-party online tool like the TenorShare UltData tool to do so, but only if you’re using Android. You can even restore chats from iPhone to iPhone which would require you to know some simple steps like connecting hotspot and then restoring the chats from the old to the new iPhone.
Over here, the discussion is undividedly related to the restoration of chat history on WeChat. This would be helpful if you’re finding yourself unable to restore the WeChat chat history.
The step-by-step guidance and the knowledge about the tools and different methods of restoring chats can surely help you get away with it without any further issues.
Recover deleted WeChat chat history without backup- ULTData tool
If you haven’t backed up your chat history of the WeChat application and now you are looking to restore them, then you should know about this online tool that can help you with that. The tool is the Tenorshare ULTData tool that can help you to get the deleted chats back, but it will work only for Android.
The simple steps below can help you understand this method in detail so that you won’t face any hiccups while doing it.
- To begin with, download the Tenorshare ULTdata for android recovery on your computer and install it to proceed further.
- After opening the tool, you’ll find the option to Recover WeChat Data. Select it.
- Then you need to connect your Android device to the computer using the USB cable that came with your device when you were buying it.
- Then from the drop-down notification bar search for the USB options and then tap on the option transferring files.
- Now again in the settings search for build number in the search box.
- When the build number option appears on your screen as the search result, tap on it 7 times to enable the feature of the developer’s option.
- For the next step, you again need to go back to settings, find and select the developer’s option.
- When on the next page, scroll down and enable the USB debugging option.
- Now when the Message Prompts on your Android’s screen allow USB debugging click on ok.
(But if you don’t get that message click show again on your computer)
- For the next step, you need to start scanning for the deleted files.
- So when the device is detected and connected, you see a green option scan on your computer screen. Tap and select that green option to start so that the tool can find the deleted data on your Android device.
- When the Tenorshare data tool is scanning your Android, you need to backup your WeChat chat data during the ongoing scanning process.
- For backing up the data:
- Install the backup application if your device doesn’t have one built-in.
- Click on the backup option.
- Then select the internal storage Option on the next page where you’re going to store the backed-up data.
- Then select the apps option on the next page.
- Now you’ll see the list of applications flashing on the screen. From that list select WeChat.
- Now when the process is done, the Ulta data will continue to scan and load the WeChat data on the android device.
- Previewing and recovering the data is the next step.
- After the scanning and loading process is complete you’ll see the files are arranged by categories on the computer screen.
- Check the files and then click on the option ‘Recover’ to save them all.
How to Restore Deleted WeChat Chat History on Android?
If you have backed up your WeChat chat history data on your computer, then you’ll be able to restore it to your Android simply by using your computer. For that, you just need to follow and perform some very simple steps and you’re good to go. The simple steps that are being jotted down below will help you with the step-by-step guidance. Once you’re done with all the steps, the whole chat history will be restored on your Android.
So the steps here will help you get to know about the restoration technique:
- First, you need to log in to your WeChat account from your computer.
- In the bottom left corner of your screen, you’ll find the menu option. Click on it.
- Now select Backup and restore.
- Then, you’ll find two options, from there click on the ‘Restore on phone‘.
- You need to select the chats that you want to restore. You can also click on more options to select the chat histories according to the date which you want to recover.
- Next click on ok.
- Confirm from your phone by tapping on the Restore button.
- Now that the steps are done, it’s pretty sure that the restoration is done. So tap on done.
- Go back to your desktop screen and there also tap on okay and you’re good to go.
Recover WeChat history from iPhone to iPhone
The iPhone users have the privilege of transferring their WeChat history from one iOS device to another. So it’s never a problem to transfer the chat history from the old device to the new one. But the techniques and the steps have to be known so that the method can be applied smoothly without issues.
To make the understanding of the steps simpler, you can look down the mentioned points and it will be clear and transparent:
- To start with the process open the WeChat application on your old phone.
- At the right bottom corner, you’ll find the theme option, select it to move on to the next page.
- Now select the settings option, then you’ll be taken to the next page.
- On the next page choose the option generally now you’ll find many options flashing on your screen. You need to select the option Backup and migrate chats.
- From that option, tap on Migrate Chats to Another Device on mobile.
- Now you’ll be given to choosing between two options of Migrate the entire chat history or migrate partial chat history.
- Choose according to your preference. Now you’ll find a QR code flashing on your screen.
- Now in the new phone install and login to WeChat if you haven’t used the same account details.
- Go to the option Discover & choose to Scan the QR Code from your mobile.
You’ll find the files are being transferred from the PC to the mobile.
Restore WeChat history from the iCloud
If you’re thinking you have lost your WeChat chat history, there are pretty good chances that iCloud has already stored it as a backup.
So you can restore it from iCloud. But it requires you to follow some very simple steps to do it correctly.
You’ll be able to get the details about this method from the following points:
- First, you should make sure you have the updated version of the iOS software.
- To do that head on to settings, then click on a software and then click on general and check for a software update.
- Ensure you have the latest backed up data by heading on to the settings, click on your name, click on iCloud, then go to storage and then go to manage storage then see and check the size and date of the latest backup.
- For the next step erase all the data from your device. To do that go to settings, then go to general and tap on reset, then select erase all content and settings.
- Now when you’re on the data and apps screen, select restore from iCloud backup.
- Tap on the option Choose backup and then select the latest one from the list of available backups.
Note the device needs to be kept connected to a data connection or wifi this whole time to complete the process successfully.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explained the ways that you can use in order to recover the WeChat chat history. The tools mentioned here are the best ways to execute the recovery process.