By default, Snapchat will save the photos that you take to your memories until you change the settings. It does not matter if you already posted the images or going to do that, in both cases, you can save the photos on your gallery from your Snapchat following a few simple steps.
But you would not be able to restore the previously snapped images to your gallery, still, the new ones will be saved that you take or on your ‘My Story‘ section.
In order to save the images to your gallery, you just have to take a few steps by changing the settings and you can set it to be automatically saved.
To save the Snapchat pictures in the gallery, you just have to go to Settings>>Memories, and from there just edit the settings and select the Save button to save to Camera Roll, and now all Snapchat pictures that you take will be saved to the camera roll and you can also automate the process to auto-save that picture to the memories.
This article will describe the methods to save the photos to your phone gallery under a folder called ‘Snapchat‘, and also your saved stories will be there on your mobile gallery.
Is it possible to save the Snapchat photos to Gallery?
Yes, it will automatically be saved on your gallery but you have to tap on the ‘Save’ button in order to initiate this every time.
You can surely go for it in order to save Snapchat photos to your phone. But you need to change a few settings of the Snapchat account.
- Firstly, from your profile option then settings, you need to select the Memories option.
- Make sure it is set up to save to ‘Memories & Camera Roll‘.
- Also, you have to go to the ‘Apps Settings’ option and for Snapchat, make sure you allowed the permissions for ‘Camera‘.
Once these two settings are active you can save the Snapchat pictures to the mobile gallery.
How to Save Snapchat Pictures in Gallery Automatically?
After a few changes on your Snapchat account will allow you to save the photos to the Gallery automatically.
You need to firstly login into your Snapchat account.
To save the Snapchat photos to the gallery automatically,
- Step 1: Click on the bitmoji option. It might be positioned on the left-most corner of your screen.
- Step 2: You need to go to your ‘Settings‘ section.
- Step 3: Find the ‘Memories‘ option. It allows saving pictures of Snapchat.
- Step 4: Touch on the Save button. You will find the save button under the section of the save destination. One can find it somewhere in the rightmost corner of the snap app. You can also find personal information on this page.
- Step 5: Choose the ‘Memories & Camera Roll‘ option, under the save button.
It can allow you to choose the place to save your photos.
- Memories: If you want to save it to memories then the auto-save will be applied to the Memories.
- Memories & Camera Roll: On selecting the Memories and Camera roll option at once, you will be able to save pictures on both sides.
- Camera Roll Only: This would save the snapped photos on Camera Roll only if you’re on this option.
Now once you click the save icon below the camera screen, it will be saved on the gallery.
You can undoubtedly observe three options as Memories, Memories and Camera roll, and Camera roll.
Snapchat by default would select for Memories option, if you changed it to Memories and Camera Roll or Camera Roll both options will enable you to save photos in your gallery.
You will now find all your Snapchat pictures saved in the phone gallery automatically.
Save the Snapchat Pictures Automatically to the Camera Roll
Either you’re on your Android or iOS device the method is almost the same to save the pictures to the gallery and if you want to make it automatically save then just as an additional feature you have to enable the Auto-save option from the Memories settings on your Snapchat.
You may have seen that the pictures get saved in the Memories while you snap and now it’s time to understand the steps with the camera roll option.
To save the Snapchat pictures to the Camera Roll automatically,
- Step 1: Tap on the bitmoji option. You need to select the menu option firstly. It will land you on the discover page. After this, you can find the bitmoji options.
- Step 2: Touch on the Settings option. You will also find your information on this page. If you wish, you can modify it from here side.
- Step 3: Select the memories option. Scroll down to find ‘Memories‘ from the settings choose the ‘Camera Roll‘ option as Save Button.
- Step 4: Tap on the ‘Auto-save My Story Snaps‘ from the destination option. The Memories section can help you to observe the save destination option. In it, you can select for the Auto-save my story snaps, which will be on the Memories in this case.
That’s all you’ve to follow.
How to Save Snapchat Story images to the Gallery?
If you’re wondering about an option to save the stories on your gallery directly from your Snapchat then you can do it after setting up a few steps on your Snapchat settings.
If you want to save the story posted on your Snapchat or you have just snapped a picture, in both ways the picture gets saved with the same settings on your gallery by enabling the Save Button to the ‘Camera Roll‘ option.
Once your settings are set up as saving the Snapchat pictures to the camera roll then proceed with the following steps.
To save the story that is already posted on your Snapchat to the gallery,
- Open Snapchat and go to the profile section and from there tap on the ‘My Story‘ section.
- After that, it will display the story, now just tap on the three-dots icon.
- Just tap on the ‘Save‘ option to save that story to your gallery.
That’s all you’ve to do in order to save the images to the gallery.
What to Do if storage is full for Snapchat Folder?
Almost all android or iOS devices will save your snapped photos in the Snapchat folder. Now, if the internal SD storage is about to get full then you can choose cloud storage to save your images. The iPhone users can just use iCloud or increase the storage limit in a few clicks.
On your Android, you can save the files or images to your dropbox where you get limited free storage to store the data on the cloud.
- Firstly, locate the ‘Snapchat‘ folder on your mobile.
- Then you find an option in Dropbox for uploading data.
- You need to send your photos to this folder from your android mobile.
- Under the option, select the file manager option of your choice.
It will automatically save the photos to the cloud that you can access anytime.
The Bottom Lines:
As it is described that by changing a few settings you can make the save button to save all of your taken snap pictures directly to your gallery. Even that is on your story, you can save it to get that onto your mobile gallery.
- Snapchat Story Viewer Online – View Story
- How to Hide Someone on Snapchat? – Without Them Knowing
- Recover My Eyes Only Pictures on Snapchat – Bypass Passcode
- How to Decrease or Lower your Snapchat Score?
- How to Save Snapchat Photos in Gallery? – Automatically
- Unlock a Permanently Locked Snapchat Account – 2021
- Get Subscribe button instead of Add Friends on Snapchat
- How to Hide your Snapchat Score from Everyone? – Update
- Does Snapchat Notify if You look at someone’s Location?
- 5K Subscribers on Snapchat Mean and How to Get there