WhatsApp stores all of the media files (sent or received) on your device. But, this normally hits the phone storage limit within a few weeks or months. Means, no more space on your phone to store the new files.
Here, the most complicated part is started… How to download the new WhatsApp files on your device?
Without downloading those on your phone you can’t view this. As you know the files which are sent by your contacts, are downloaded automatically.
But, in this case, if your contacts send you the files, these files will not be able to complete the download.
Advantages for moving WhatsApp to SD card
Does this work for all devices including Mi or Samsung?
Move WhatsApp to SD Card as Default Storage
You can move the old files to the external SD card and also change the default storage to the SD card for WhatsApp media.
But, to make the SD card as default storage for WhatsApp media, you have to use the third-party app on your rooted phone.
On the lower versions of Android, below 4.4 this is possible without any root process.
The top three apps are good for this process. the list is below:
2. Photo & File Redirect (without Root)
How to Move WhatsApp Media to External SD Card?
Step 1: Connect a working and a compatible working cable to your Android Phone to the PC. The PC should detect the USB cable, so connect a good quality one.
Step 2: After you connect the Android phone to the PC by using a USB cable, the PC will detect the phone. Then, go to the location where the device folder is situated. Then, select the folder.
Step 3: Find the WhatsApp folder in the list and select that.
Step 4: After this step, select the folder and copy it carefully to the other folder, the SD memory card folder.
Step 5: Now this is one of the methods you can employ to make your SD card folder in your phone to be the default folder for storing your WhatsApp media.
Change Default WhatsApp Media Storage to External SD (for Rooted Phones)
- Step #1: You can also make the SD card folder as the default folder to save your WhatsApp media. Just download XInternalSD. This helps in changing the path for any customized path.
- Step #2: After downloading the app, you should open the user interface of XInternalSD app.
- Step #3: Then, change the internal SD card to an external SD card.
- Step #4: Now, select WhatsApp option from enabling for apps.
- Step #5: Copy the WhatsApp folder to the external SD card folder. After this, make sure you remove or delete the WhatsApp folder from the internal SD card folder.
- Step #6: Once, this is over, you can see that your WhatsApp media is getting saved to the external SD card folder which you have done with the help of the app.
The Bottom Lines:
- How to Disable WhatsApp Calls? – Android & iPhone
- Find Out If Someone Uninstalled WhatsApp or Deleted – CHECK
- WhatsApp Online Status: Hide While chatting – Show offline
- FIXED – WhatsApp Images not Showing in the Gallery [Why]
- Send More than 100MB file in WhatsApp – Android & iOS
- 6 Best WhatsApp Spy Apps for Android or iOS
- See First Message on Facebook/WhatsApp – without scrolling
- 4 Best WhatsApp Status Viewer Apps – without being seen
- 7 Best WhatsApp Online Notification Tracker Apps – FREE
- Send a Blank Message on WhatsApp, Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram
- Stop Autosaving WhatsApp Photos – How to Save on Mobile?
- Read WhatsApp group Messages Without Sender Knowing
- Best WhatsApp Mods Download 2021 – Hide Online
- Create fake last seen on WhatsApp [Working]
- Know if WhatsApp video call is being recorded by Someone