Snapchat provides its users with a few smart features that allow the user to store and hide photos in Snapchat. We often want some of our data or photos to be hidden from the world and now Snapchat has made that possible more easily.
You can now hide your snaps from the world very easily using this MY EYES ONLY feature of Snapchat. This feature encrypts and protects the snaps behind a passcode which doesn’t allow anyone but only the ones who know the passcode to see those snaps. So it means even if your device gets stolen, then also your secret snaps are safe from society.
The method to use this feature of MY EYES ONLY is pretty simple. You just need to set up a passcode and hide your snaps behind it. It will be protected and encrypted by the password and no one else but only the user himself can see the snaps by unlocking the passcode.
To see the hidden Photos in Snapchat, just tap the icon behind the camera, and then from the list just switch to the ‘My Eyes Only’ tab and enter the passcode to see the hidden photos. Note that your settings should be enabled to save photos onto the My Eyes Only section. If you have recently deleted a few photos or Snaps or hidden under the section that you can’t access then you can download the whole Snapchat Data to see the hidden stuff.
Moreover, if you lose your password then you can try certain steps to recover the My Eyes Only password.
Better, don’t lose the passcode and save it somewhere in case if you remember.
In this article, I will explain the methods that you need to follow in order to view the hidden Snapchat photos or snaps and the working system of the ‘My Eyes Only‘ feature.
How to See Hidden Photos on Snapchat?
Seeing the hidden photos on Snapchat is an easy and simple process. You can see the snaps that you’ve chosen to hide from the world by viewing them from the My Eyes Only section. You can do that after you unlock it using the correct passcode.
To see the hidden Snapchat Photos,
- Open the Snapchat application then slide up the camera screen.
- After getting into the memories page, select the fourth row or section that you’ll see. It is the MY EYES ONLY section.
- From there you’ll be able to view the hidden snaps. But before that, unlock the section using the four-digit passcode. Make sure you’re using the correct one otherwise it won’t open.
- Once unlocked you’ll be able to see all the snaps that you’ve kept hidden.
How Do the Settings Work to Hide Photos?
Snapchat settings work wonders in hiding your photos or snaps from the outside world when you’ve chosen to do so.
If you want to hide photos then the feature can help you a lot.
Let’s understand the process to set up,
- First of all, open Snapchat from your device.
- Then you need to swipe up from the camera screen and you’ll find yourself in the memories section of snap chat where you’ll be able to see your previous snaps and pictures that you have taken using Snapchat.
- Besides that, you’ll find three options of stories, camera roll and My Eyes Only.
- Tap and select MY EYES ONLY. Then tap and select quick setup and to begin with the process
- Create a passcode that you can remember and confirm.
- Read the information and tap on it to agree to complete the setup process.
- Then tap on the finish by which you can be sure that it’s done.
If you want to use this feature then make sure the feature is ticked under the ‘Memories‘ settings.
Note: You need to remember or write the passcode somewhere to use it later to view the hidden snaps by unlocking the section using the passcode.
How to See Hidden Snaps in Snapchat?
There are two methods that you can try easily without any hassle to see the hidden Snapchat photos or snaps that you have saved from your friends or from the story. If your ‘My Eyes Only’ section is enabled then you can easily view it from the section entering your passcode.
1. From My Eyes Only section:
You can view your hidden snaps in Snapchat from my eyes only section. It’s a very easy and simple process. You just need to unlock it and then you’re good to go. You can see all the hidden photos and Snapchat there, which you don’t want to reveal to the world. The precise steps will guide you through it.
- First of all, open the Snapchat application on your device.
- Opening it you’ll find the camera screen. Swipe it up to proceed further.
- Swiping the camera screen will lead you to the memories page where you’ll be able to see all your previous saved snaps.
- Besides that, you’ll find three other options and select the last option – MY EYES ONLY.
- Then you need to unlock the section using the passcode that you’ve created while setting it up. Use it and unlock the MY EYES ONLY section.
After you’ve successfully unlocked it, you’ll be able to see your hidden snaps.
2. Downloading Snapchat Data:
This is the second method to download and see all Snapchat data including the hidden photos. You can apply this technique simply by using the app. This technique is useful and helpful as it helps you to download, view and even store the data available on Snapchat.
To download the Snapchat data to see all hidden stuff,
- First of all, open the Snapchat app and get to the Settings section.
- You’ll find the setting sections after you get into your profile by clicking on the profile icon.
- At the top right corner of your profile page, you’ll see a wheel kind of sign. Clicking on it will take you to the setting section of the application.
- Scroll down to find the option my data and click on it to continue with the process.
- They’ll show you all types of data, you need to scroll down and find the option the “Submit request“. Click on submit the request to get a copy of your data.
- After submitting you’ll find a note flashing on your screen which says they’ll mail you the downloaded copy.
- After a couple of minutes, you’ll find a new mail from Snapchat saying your downloaded copy is ready and it also has a click here option written in blue.
- After clicking on it you need to again login to find and see all the downloaded data.
That’s it you’ll find all kinds of your data over there in the download copy. From there you can see the hidden snaps that you want to see.
The Bottom Lines:
This Snapchat app has always acted differently when it comes to its features. Similarly, here you have got to know in detail about how its feature MY EYES ONLY works. It helps the users wonderfully in hiding the secret pictures from others and lock them using a four-digit passcode It can only be unlocked and the hidden snaps can only be revealed using the right passcode. If the correct password gets lost you’ll not be able to view those hidden snaps anymore.
- How to Reopen a Snap More Than Twice? – Opened Snap
- How to Remove Someone from Snapchat Group? – Ways
- Snapchat: Send Picture from Camera Roll as a Snap
- How to Reset Snapchat Password without Email?
- What Happens if you Block Someone on Snapchat – Messages
- Tell if Someone Unadded or Unfriended You on Snapchat
- See Snapchat Conversation History – Without Them Knowing
- Talk to Someone who Blocked You on Snapchat – Unblock Yourself
- Find & Add Someone on Snapchat by Phone Number
- Snapchat Story Viewer Online – View Story