On Snapchat, if you want to view someone’s story you just have to tap on the DP icon on chat and the story will be visible. But, that might show your name to that person as you’re not hiding.
As you have to either play a trick while seeing the story or use any story viewer app and this way you can see their story without them knowing.
All you can do is choose to view the story but you cannot undo this if you’ve already watched that story.
There could be several reasons that the stories can’t be seen.
If you want to see someone’s Snapchat story without them knowing, firstly turn off the WiFi then see the story, after uninstalling & reinstalling Snapchat again and this will hide your name from the list of viewers. Also, you can use the Snapchat Phantom that is custom-made for a few added features. You’ve to just turn on ‘Fake Save Snaps’ in order to see stories without them knowing your name.
These are the simple steps, although there is another alternative like SnapMap that works as well for anonymous viewing.
In this article, I will explain all the ways in order to view the Snapchat story without them knowing that you’ve viewed that and the steps for the apps to keep the views anonymous.
View someone’s Snapchat story without them knowing
You might be wondering if there a feature, but you can play this trick that is totally safe and can be done by anyone without any extra extension. You should be closing the Snapchat and re-install it and that is how you can trick Snapchat not to catch & show your name.
If you want to see someone’s Snapchat story then you have a very simple way to do this. All you have to do is just turn off the internet connection and then all have to do is by turning off the internet on mobile and this action is performable on both devices like Android and iOS.
I just did it myself that once I turned off the Wi-Fi connection and see the story the person will not be notified if I just delete and reinstall the Snapchat otherwise once you get access to the internet connection then your name will be on their story viewer list.
To view other’s Snapchat story without them knowing,
- First of all, launch the Snapchat app on your smartphone.
- At the bottom left of your screen, tap on the “Stories icon”.
- Snapchat notifies you as your friend posts a story.
- Before tapping on any story, switch off mobile data or Turn Off Wi-Fi. Alternatively, you can turn on Airplane mode, ensuring that your mobile data gets turned off.
- Open the Snapchat App. Head on to the Stories page. You will find the previously loaded stories of all users. Now, you can view all the Snapchat Stories of your friends, and they won’t know it.
- Now, close Snapchat even from the tasks then delete & re-install Snapchat again.
This is the only way you can hide from someone whose story you want to view anonymously. The last step is mandatory in this case.
See someone’s Snapchat story without having Snapchat
Using Snap Map
If you’re not on Snapchat and want to view stories with even your personal login then this method will explain the ways to do that means viewing the stories of someone secretly.
Here is how you can Snapchat stories using the SnapMp Mobile on your Android device:
- Launch a web browser (i.e. Google Chrome) on your smartphone, you can use it.
- Now, go to Snap Map Link (officially by Snapchat).
- Message box popup on the screen saying ” Welcome to Snap Map”.
- The SnapMap Page opens.
- Click on the blue-colored button -“Browse the map”.
- Find the search bar. Use the search bar Search for any place, City, or any other events taking place around the world.
- If you want to view the Snapchat stories of local people, you can tap on your current location.
- It asks you to grant access to your device. Click on allow and it accesses your location.
On the map, you will find some red-colored and blue-colored dots indicating snaps shared by the users or Snapchat stories.
View Snapchat stories Anonymously with an app: Snapchat Phantom
If you want to use an app that can help you view someone’s story without them knowing then Snapchat Phantom is the best app that you can use to hide your identity while you are viewing someone’s Snapchat story.
Snapchat Phantom is custom-made so that you can get it from the website for both your Android and IOS devices. Now the process is very simple, all you have to do is just tap on the top right three-line icon, and from there you have to turn on the settings for ‘Fake Save Snaps’ to Y, in order to activate the setting for viewing stories or saving any stories of someone else totally anonymously.
For iOS devices, you will need an IPA version of the app that you’ve to install at first. Here are the steps:
- First of all, install the Snapchat Phantom app (IPA version) on your iPhone.
- Then, from the first screen, you have to tap on Y for all settings, especially the ‘Fake Save Snaps‘ option.
- This will hide if you save or see someone’s story from your Snapchat Account. Alongside, you will be able to add multiple accounts on Snapchat Phantom.
- Now, see anyone’s story, and your name would not show up on their list of story viewers.
For Android devices, you will need the APK version of the app and you can get it from a third-party website. In order to use the app to view stories anonymously:
- First of all, install the Apk of Snapchat ++ on your Android. You will be able to add multiple accounts on Snapchat Phantom/Snapchat++.
- Then, from the login screen, tap on Y for the ‘Fake Save Snaps’ option. This feature will hide when you view someone’s story using your Snapchat Account.
- Now, if you view anyone’s story your name won’t show up on their list of story viewers.
That’s all simple and you can use this app for your device, it’s free.
View Snapchat stories without being friends
If you’re not being friends with someone whose story you want to see and you’re logged in then to view the story of the person anonymously:
- First of all, launch the Snapchat app on your Smartphone. Swipe across the left-hand side of the home screen.
- It opens the Discover Menu that allows you to view Snapchat Stories of people without adding them explicitly.
- Scroll up across the screen till you get the Snapchat story, you are searching for.
- After you find the Snapchat Story, press on it to view the Story.
- Click on the Read option given at the bottom, to get detailed information.
- If you tap on the Snapchat story, you will find a white arrow.
- Tap on the arrow to send the story to your account.
The Bottom Lines:
The article explains all possible ways that you can use to view someone’s story without them knowing and the best way is by turning off the internet and viewing the story and then reinstalling the app. Although Snapchat ++ is the best alternative app but that is an unofficial approach to use Snapchat.
- How to Stop Strangers from Adding You on Snapchat?
- How to See Everyone who Unadded You on Snapchat?
- What Does the Green Arrow Mean On Snapchat?
- Does Snapchat notify when you Screen Record a video call?
- What Does the Ops Mean on Snapchat?
- What Does the Other Snapchatters mean on Snapchat?
- How to Save Snapchat Filters? – Steps To Follow
- How to Find People Near Me on Snapchat
- How to Find when Your Snapchat Account was Created
- Why Do Some Messages on Snapchat not Disappear?