Your Quick Answer:
- If you’re looking for the viewer lists of your Instagram highlights then you might know that the list is not permanent rather it stays for only 48 hours.
- The viewer lists will no longer be available after 48 hours passed for your stories or highlights.
- This was a recent update from Instagram in which the story viewers list was made available from 24 hours to 48 hours, that helped a lot that now it is 48 hours you can access the viewer’s name on your highlights.
- In order to see the viewers on your IG highlights, you have to tap on the highlights for which you want to see the viewers and then tap on the eye icon to see the name list of viewers who viewed those Instagram highlights.
- The list will be available for 48 hours, still that you can see the viewers on your highlights, not after that.
- After that, from the archived story section, this information will not be available including the view count there.
There may be many reasons behind not being able to see someone’s highlights on Instagram.
In this article, you’ll know more about the IG highlights, to hide, viewer list and count, etc. Let’s dive into the details.
The new update on Instagram:
That happened a year ago, now every user on Instagram can see the story viewers for 48 hours and this update made a huge change in the viewers and view count. it does not matter how many people see the list, after 48 hours the list or count will no longer be there.
The latest update of Instagram has added an updated feature to its stories highlights. The feature enables you to see viewers of your story highlights for up to 48 hours. Though the highlights stay permanently on your profile, the list of the viewers can be seen only for 48 hours after posting it.
Can you see who viewed the Instagram story after 48 hours?
If you’re looking for the story or highlight that will still be available on the person’s profile but the viewer list expires in 48 hours and with that, all information is wiped off from there.
The simple answer is, No, you can not see who viewed your Instagram story after 48 hours. Instagram allows you to view your viewers’ list and view counts only for a limited 48 hours. This system has increased the timeframe from before and now it’s 48 hours according to the new update by the Instagram team which is based on Instagram’s policy.
Can someone see if you viewed their Instagram highlights?
This is what I have experienced many times to understand whether someone can view my name or not when I try to spy on them with tricks.
Definitely, you can not see even if they see you on the viewer lists or not, so that could be quite tough to say if the person has viewed your name. But, if that is a highlight on Instagram and you want to hide your identity then make another profile and view that as anonymous.
There are two things, after 48 hours the person could not view your name on the list and if you view the highlights as anonymous the person would not be able to see your original name on the list.
Your name is no longer on the List after 48 hours:
The profile will be shown as a viewer in their viewer lists for only up to 48 hours. Earlier this was just like the Instagram stories that allowed you to see the viewers of your story for 24 hours only, but the updated version of Instagram has added a new feature to its highlights. The feature allows you to see who viewed your story highlights.
After 48 hours of the highlights or stories being posted, you can view the highlights section from their profile but you will no longer be shown as a viewer.
How to See Who Viewed Your Instagram Highlights?
If you want to see the Instagram story highlights then you have to follow some simple steps but before going to these I want to tell you that this list is only available for 48 hours and after that there no view counts or viewers will be available.
To See Who Viewed Your Instagram Highlights follow these steps accordingly:
- Step 1: First of all, Open your Instagram and go to your profile.
- Step 2: Next, tap the highlight for which you want to see the viewers.
- Step 3: Now, down in the left corner you will see ‘Seen’ with a small profile picture of the most recent viewer.
- Step 4: Tap the ‘Seen’ icon or you can simply swipe up from the bottom to top.
- Step 5: In front of you is the list of viewers and also the view counts of your highlight.
That’s all you have to do to view the count and viewers list on Instagram for the highlights.
Who can See your Highlights on Instagram?
Instagram highlights are open to everyone to see by Instagram’s default settings. But, you can manage your story settings in order to select people to view your stories.
Your Instagram highlights can be viewed only by your followers if you have selected to make your account private in the settings. If your account is open or is public then you cannot control the viewers to see your highlights. Anybody including your followers and the ones with whom you have a direct chat can see your highlight if your account is open.
Anybody who has access to your profile can see your highlights unless you have your settings changed. If you have your setting as a private account still want only a limited number of people to see your highlights:
- Go to settings.
- Select privacy.
- Select story.
- Then select ‘Hide the story from’ and then select whoever you don’t want to see your highlights.
This is how you can select the people you wish to give permission to view your story. However, if you keep the privacy setting public then your story will be visible to all and if you hide from someone then the story will be hidden only from that person.
Prevent other people than my friends from seeing the story/highlight:
You can manage your Instagram story settings to Aloe or restrict people to view stories or highlights on Instagram. This is very simple by following a few steps in order to change the privacy settings you have to deal and unknown people not viewing your stories. Stories and highlights can be seen by people based on the settings of your Instagram profile.
- Step 1: Go to your profile.
- Step 2: Tap the three horizontal line symbols in the top right corner.
- Step 3: Tap the settings icon.
- Step 4: Select privacy settings.
- Step 5: Select the story and then the option, ‘Hide the story from’ and tap on the profiles of the people whom you want your story or highlights not to be seen.
This is all you have to do in order to restrict a few people to view your story and if you just follow these steps well you will definitely be able to block those unknown people.
Other than those friends, if your account is open your posted highlights will be visible to anybody who wants to see including those with whom you have started a direct chat.
The Bottom Lines:
If you wish to the IG highlights viewers on Instagram, you can view them within 48 hours of the highlight being posted. But, in case the hours exceed the name on the list and count will no longer be available.
- Instagram Account ID Location Online – Find IP Address
- How to Recover Instagram Account without Email Or Phone Number?
- How to Add TikTok Link to Your Instagram Bio?
- How to See Your First Liked Video on Instagram?
- App to Delete Instagram Messages from Both Sides
- How to Identify a Fake Account on Instagram?
- Why Can’t You Follow People on Instagram?
- How to Fix Instagram Stories Not Showing Up?
- Why Does it show ‘Thanks for Providing Your Info’ on Instagram?
- How to Respond Directly to a Specific Message on Instagram?