You can check the updated last seen of your friend in the snap map, but if it keeps showing the last old-time and location without any update, it can be because your friend is not using an app for a long time or just turned off their location. There’s also another reason like turning on the Ghost Mode and any technical problem.
I have searched and found many different reasons for not updating last seen in Snapchat, which will help you understand the cause and the solution if it’s happening with you.
If you see someone’s last seen is not updating, there might be several reasons like turned off location service or the ghost mode is turned on. This could also mean that the person is not on Snapchat for a longer time.
In this article, I will make you understand what last seen is in Snapchat and why it shows the wrong update. However, there are many reasons why it shows the wrong addition; I have come with some solutions to help you solve this problem and update your Snapchat’s correct time and location.
What is Snapchat’s Last Seen?
Snapchat last seen is one of the features available in the Snapchat app when other people(friends) get to know about your last active time, that is when you last used the app.
It basically works through Snap Map; your Last Seen will automatically update every time on a snap map when you open the Snapchat app.
However, it will only work if you have enabled your location on the Snap Map.
Also, if you don’t want other people to see your last seen, you can disable it by turning off your location access.
Why does Snapchat show Last Seen wrong?
On Snapchat, you can not say that the ‘last seen’ is always showing the correct active time and location because of many reasons.
If anyone does not open Snapchat for a long time or for a few hours, you may probably find the last updated location with the old-time because Snapchat only updates the snap map location when the user opens the app.
Here you can get wrong information, but there’s also another reason where you might interpret wrong about the person because last seen is not according to you. Sometimes the snap map is not updated because of any technical issues and automatically updates after a particular time.
Why is Snapchat not Updating its Last Seen Status?
You may be trying to look for a last seen of your friend, but it is not showing the updated status of the last seen. There can be many reasons for which Snapchat is not showing the updated last seen status of your friend.
Let’s discuss some of them in detail:
1. Your friend Did not open Snapchat for a Long Time
- Snapchat stops updating the “last seen” and keeps showing the old time because your friend might not use the app for a long time.
- By tapping on your friend bitmoji on the map, you can see the timestamp of when your friend last used the Snapchat app.
2. The Person Turned off Location Service
- Turn off the location service from the device can be the reason why your friend last seen is not updated yet.
- In other words, there are settings available on your phone to turn off all the location updates.
- If your friend is not on the location, Snapchat will not be able to detect the new location, and it keeps showing the old location.
- After turning off the location of the phone or location permission of the app, Snapchat shows the old location with the old-time on the snap map.
3. The person turned on Ghost mode on Snapchat
- The person might turn on their Ghost mode on Snapchat so that nobody will be able to check their last seen and location.
- By opening the Ghost Mode, your friends are no longer able to see the time you last used the app.
- In addition, they also do not get any updates on your new location.
- Ghost mode can simply be on from the snap map settings.
- It is a straightforward setting. All you need to do is tick the box of ghost mode.
☛ You can also read this article to confirm if someone is on ghost mode.
How to Fix if Snapchat ‘Last Seen’ is not Updating?
If your Snapchat is not working correctly, it can be because you are using the old version of the app, or you need to restart the app after force stop and still not work, so report to Snapchat.
1. Update Snapchat App
Snapchat very often adds new features and launches them on Play Store or App Store through updates.
You should constantly update the app to the latest version available on Playstore to make it work correctly.
Let’s discuss how you can update Snapchat:
- Step 1: Open the Playstore or App Store on your device.
- Step 2: Then, in the search bar, type “Snapchat” and search for it.
- Step 3: Further, tap to open it.
- Step 4: Finally, If any update is available, it shows an “update” button. Or if any update is not available, it shows “Open.”
2. Force Stop App & Restart Snapchat
Another option to do Snapchat work properly is to force stop the app and restart it.
Let’s discuss the steps in detail to force stop and Restart:
Step 1: First, Open the “Settings” app on your device.
Step 2: Under the Settings, Tap the “Apps”. After that, you will see all the installed apps listed in alphabetical order.
Step 3: Then, scroll down to find “Snapchat” and tap on it.
Step 4: Now, a Snapchat info screen with additional options will display.
Step 5: Furthermore, on the right side below the app’s title, you see “Force stop“. Tap on to force stop the app.
Step 6: Afterward, a pop-up window appears to confirm; tap “Yes“. Now the force stop button may get grayed out.
Step 7: Then, tap the “Home button” to return to the home screen.
Step 8: Finally, Open Snapchat as usual. Now, all bugs are fixed, and it starts working correctly.
3. Report to Snapchat
If still, it is not working properly, report the problem to Snapchat by tapping the “Report a map issue” in a snap map and submit it after selecting your issue options.
The Bottom Lines:
These are the above steps that you can follow and you can try these above fixes if you want to get it resolved.
- How to Reopen a Snap More Than Twice? – Opened Snap
- How to Remove Someone from Snapchat Group? – Ways
- Snapchat: Send Picture from Camera Roll as a Snap
- How to Reset Snapchat Password without Email?
- What Happens if you Block Someone on Snapchat – Messages
- Tell if Someone Unadded or Unfriended You on Snapchat
- See Snapchat Conversation History – Without Them Knowing
- Talk to Someone who Blocked You on Snapchat – Unblock Yourself
- Find & Add Someone on Snapchat by Phone Number
- Snapchat Story Viewer Online – View Story