Your Quick Answer:
- To know if someone has fake followers, go to their followers’ list. If you see any accounts with usernames that are just random combinations of numbers and alphabets with no meaning, open the account, and see if they have any posts and if their profile picture is of themselves. If the username is meaningless, there are no posts, and the profile picture is of a celebrity, this account is a fake.
- You can tell if someone has bought followers by looking at the posts and likes. They have purchased followers if the likes are from accounts with usernames with just random letter combinations.
- You can also tell if followers have been bought by looking at the fake account’s followers. When you see an account that doesn’t look legitimate, look at their followers and following lists. If they follow many accounts but do not get followed back, it is likely that the original account bought followers.
- You can also read comments on the posts of the account you suspect has purchased followers. If the comments seem unrelated to the post or use the same generic emojis or words, the person has bought followers.
- You can also use third-party tools like trendHERO, which analyze TikTok accounts and show indications about it being fake by looking at statistics like the growth of the account etc.
How to Tell if Someone has Fake Followers on TikTok?
Follow the steps below to tell if someone has fake followers:
Step 1: First, Find the Followers on the Account
The first thing you have to do to find someone who has fake followers is to open the TikTok app on your phone from your home screen. Then you have to tap on the profile icon at the bottom right corner of the screen, in the menu bar.
Once you are in the profile section, you have to go to the followers’ section by tapping on the “Followers” option. Here you will see a list of usernames of people who follow your account on Tiktok. Choose an account and go to their followers’ list.
Step 2: Find Out Some Facts on Profile
Look out at these things to confirm:
🔴 Profile Photo:
A straightforward way to know whether an account is legitimate or fake is to analyze the profile photo. A legitimate person would generally use photos of themselves or their pets or even group photos as their profile picture.
However, fake accounts won’t have photos of real people for obvious reasons. Instead, they use photos or bitmojis of celebrities and other famous people and photos downloaded from image apps like Pinterest as their profile pictures. Sometimes they don’t have profile photos at all.
Therefore if you have found an account with a profile photo downloaded from Google, it is likely that the account is a fake one.
🔴 Posts on Account:
When you find an account that makes you wonder whether or not it is fake, you may open the account and check for posts. Generally, if an account is fake, there will not be any posts on the account.
This is because this account is not being used to maintain a social media presence or be seen. However, sometimes when an account is new, there are no posts.
🔴 Random Username:
Usually, fake accounts have usernames that do not make any sense. This means that they are not real names of people or even meaningful words. They consist of many characters and numbers arranged randomly to the point that the username does not form any words when read.
Therefore, if you see a username with many random numbers and alphabets put together, you have to know that it is a fake account.
Step 3. Decide if these are the Fake Accounts
You have to decide whether the account you are looking at is fake or not. The indicators of profile picture, visibility of posts, and username may not, individually, give you a correct idea. But all of them together or even two together give a definitive idea.
This means that if you see an account with a meaningless username and no posts to show, it is most definitely a fake account. It is also a fake account if not only is there a celebrity profile picture, but at the same time, there are no posts, and the username is meaningless.
How to Tell if Someone Bought TikTok Followers?
To know if the followers are bought for an account, just look out at these things:
1. Look at All Posts Likes:
You have to go to the account you suspect, tap on each post, and look at the likes. If one post has way too many likes than another, the account most definitely has purchased followers. Also, suppose the likes are from accounts with usernames that do not mean anything- they are a combination of words and numbers that are gibberish or have profile photos of famous people. It means that the accounts are fake and that this user has purchased followers.
Therefore a gap or likes between posts and likes from accounts with random usernames are indicators of an account that has bought followers.
2. Look at Fake Account’s Followers As well:
Once you are in the user’s profile area, you suspect, go to their followers’ list and look at their usernames.
If you see a weird username that you sense may be a fake account, click on it and go to their followers’ list and their following list.
You may notice a dramatic gap between the number of followers and the number of people the account follows.
More specifically, the account has very few (almost none) followers but follows many users. This means that this is a fake account, and the account you were looking into earlier has purchased these followers.
Video on How to Tell if Someone Has Fake Followers on TikTok:
3. Read the comments Fake accounts Post:
Once you are under a post of the user you suspect, look at the comments under the post. You may notice that the comments are from weird usernames that don’t seem legitimate, and at the same time, the comments are very unrelated to the post.
The comments may also be very generic and, at the same time, use the same emojis and repeat the same comment repeatedly. This is a definite indicator that the user has purchased followers to increase account activity.
4. Use third-party Tools: trendHERO:
You can easily use free third-party tools like trendHERO available on the internet to find out if an account has purchased followers.
These tools look at the account statistics of a particular account and look for any sudden and abrupt changes in account growth. If there is any sudden change in account activity, the user has purchased followers.
Sites like trendHERO have many other options that you can check out, which will help you understand your audience better and monitor the growth of users you see as a competition to find out when they are purchasing followers, etc.
The Bottom Lines:
You know all the indicators (profile picture, username, number of posts) that will tell you if an account has fake followers. You also learned how to understand if an account has purchased followers to increase the activity of their account by looking at the likes, comments, followers, and through third-party apps.
- How to Get on the “For You” Page on TikTok?
- 3 Best TikTok Time Warp Scan Apps Online
- How to Reset TikTok For You page?
- How to Turn on Post Notifications on TikTok?
- What Does Clear Cache Mean on TikTok?
- You are Visiting Our Service Too Frequently on TikTok
- How to Change Your Birthday on TikTok?
- How to Get The Time Warp Scan on TikTok?
- How to Duet on TikTok? – Simple Steps
- Why Don’t I have the Repost button on TikTok?