Your Quick Answer:
- If you see the error ‘This account is also logged into Facebook on this device’ you have to manually remove those accounts from the Facebook app, you can’t remove those from the Messenger app.
- You can follow a few steps to remove your accounts from your device to fix this issue. First, open your Settings app, here you can see the “Accounts” option. Click on it to see a list of accounts you have logged into.
- Click on “Facebook” and then click “Remove account”. Then again, tap “Remove account”, and your account will be deleted from this device. Do the same for all of your accounts.
- You can also clear the cache and data from Facebook and Messenger apps, sometimes it may fix this issue.
- If any of this process does not work, uninstall those apps and install them again from the Play Store.
Why Does it Show ‘This account is also logged into Facebook on this device’?
There are a few reasons for which the issue occurs on Facebook:
1. Already Logged In
When you try to open your account on Facebook, and it shows that “This account is also logged into Facebook on this device,” you should check if you are already logged in to your Facebook account. Check all possible platforms where your account can be logged in. For example, open your Google browser and go to “Facebook” to check if this account is logged in there or not. If you use Facebook Lite, then also check there.
2. The issue happens for App Cache
After checking all the platforms, if you find you are not logged into this Facebook account, this issue could happen with the App Cache. If you use Facebook for a long time, then many cache files will be stored in the app. Go to your Settings, then open Apps, then open Facebook. If you see that the cache files take a lot of storage, then that could be the issue for which the “This account is also logged into Facebook on this device” pop-up is showing. Clear your cache files, and your issue might be fixed.
Fix ‘This account that is also logged into Facebook on this device’ Issue?
There are a few methods you have to follow to fix this issue:
Method 1: Remove the Account:
Follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go To Settings
“This account is also logged into Facebook on this device” is an error that occurs on Facebook or Messenger because you are already logged in to Facebook. To fix this issue, you need to remove all of the Facebook accounts you are logged in to on your phone’s “Accounts” page. For that, you have to first open your phone Settings. Search for Settings from the apps and click on it.
Step 2: Click on ‘Accounts’
After coming to the Settings page, scroll down a bit, and you can see there is an option, “Accounts.” You can find all of your logged-in accounts on this device here in this section, including your Facebook and Messenger accounts. Since you want to remove your Facebook and Messenger accounts, click on the “Accounts” and enter this section.
Step 3: Find all your Facebook Accounts
After clicking on the “Accounts,” you will land on the “Accounts” page. You will see a list of accounts you have logged into on your device on the page. These include Facebook, Google, Messenger, WhatsApp, and other accounts. If you log in with a single account, you can see only one “Facebook” option. However, if you have logged in with multiple accounts, you can see multiple options there. From this section, you have to tap on each of your Facebook accounts and remove them.
Step 4: Select and Remove the Account
After you tap on one of your Facebook accounts, you will land in the account. You will see several options on the account, including “Remove account” and “Account sync.” Since you want to remove your Facebook account, click on the “Remove account” option. Then, tap the “Remove account” option again.
This will remove all your messages, contacts, and data from the Facebook app. Next, do the same thing for all your Facebook accounts and remove them. After removing them, you have to “Force stop” the Messenger app and the Facebook app.
After that, you need to clear the app’s data. Open your phone’s settings, scroll down and tap “Apps.” Then, tap on “Messenger.” Then you can see there is an option “Storage & cache” click on it and then press “Clear storage.” Do the same thing for Facebook as well.
Method 2: Clear Cache and Data for Messenger:
If the process of removing all of your Facebook accounts from your phone can not fix your issue, then you have to clear the cache files of Facebook and Messenger, respectively. Clearing cache files from these apps can fix your problems.
Step 1: To clear your cache, first open your Settings app.
Step 2: Then, scroll down, and you can see an option, “Apps.” Open it and go to “Facebook.”
Step 3: Then you can see there is an option “Storage & cache” click on it and then press “Clear cache.” If you want to delete the entire data, instead of pressing “Clear cache,” you have to click on the “Clear data” option. This will delete the entire data from the app.
Similarly, open Settings and search for Messenger in the “Apps” section. Then open “Storage & cache” and click on the “Clear data” option. But, of course, now you have to log in to your account again.
Method 3: Uninstall and Reinstall Messenger:
If clearing the cache of Messenger can not fix your issue, you have to uninstall the Messenger app and then install the Messenger app again.
Step 1: To uninstall the Messenger app, tap and hold the app, and you can see the “Uninstall” pop-up will come at the top. Drag the app to the pop-up and leave it. Then press OK to uninstall it. You can also go to the Settings, then open Messenger from the Apps section.
Step 2: Click on the “Uninstall” option and then press OK to uninstall it. Now you have to reinstall the Messenger app.
Step 3: Open your Google Play Store, search for “Messenger,” and click on the “Install” option.
Then log in to your Messenger account again, and your issue might be fixed. Follow the same process for the Facebook app.
- How to Fix ‘Confirm Your Identity’ on Facebook?
- How to Recover Suspended Facebook Account?
- How to Fix if Facebook Two-Factor Authentication Code not Received?
- This account is also logged into Facebook on this device – FIXED
- How to Unlink Facebook from Instagram?
- How to Poke Someone on Facebook?
- How to Recover your Facebook Account without Email or Phone?
- How to Make All Photos Private On Facebook at Once?
- How to Hide and Unhide Messages on Facebook Messenger?
- How to See Who Viewed Your Featured Photos on Facebook?