If you’re blocked from following or liking someone from Instagram then you have to do certain things in order to view the profile again and like his stuff.
When someone blocks you on Instagram and then you will no longer be able to see the posts on his account, but those posts will be visible from another account if the account is public.
Now, in the case the account is private than in order to follow him, you have to first unblock yourself from that person’s account and then you can do the things.
If someone blocked you and his account is public then he cannot prevent you from seeing his posts on the profile.
To unblock yourself from someone’s Instagram, first, you have to create a new account on Instagram and send the person a follow request (if the account is private), once it’s accepted you can view all the posts on Instagram. Otherwise, if you just create the secondary account and the account is public then you can even see & like the posts without even following.
This article will explain the steps in order to view the posts & like those and add someone in your following list when you’re blocked by the person.
Can you Unblock Yourself on Instagram?
The whole intention behind the block function of Instagram is to refrain the blocked account from contacting you in any form on Instagram. If you have blocked someone on Instagram that person can neither send you a DM nor tag you in any of the posts. They cannot even call you on Instagram as your account won’t be visible to them.
There is no direct way that you can use to unblock yourself from someone’s Instagram account. The only solution is to create a new Instagram account. After creating a new account you can easily send a DM to the person who has blocked you from your previous account.
To unblock yourself from Instagram,
1. Change Email ID
- To unblock yourself from someone’s Instagram account all you need to do is create a new Instagram account and to do so the email ID of this Instagram account must be valid and different from your previous registered email ID.
- You can simply proceed with adding a new account to your present Instagram app with this new email ID.
- Just tap on your profile photo down the right corner and then tap on the three horizontal bars at the top right corner of your screen. Tap on the ‘Settings’ option and then scroll down & tap on the ‘Add Account’ option.
- Just use a new email ID and submit.
2. Change the Username
- As you proceed with creating a new account the first step is to select a username for your new Instagram account.
- Make sure that this username is unique and different from your previous Instagram account.
- Changing the username is one of the essential steps that you need to be sure of when creating a new Instagram profile for the reason that your previous account had been blocked.
- You just have to remember that you should change your username once created so that new account can get username attached.
3. Create the Account with Previous ID
- Once you are done with creating a new Instagram account with a new email ID and username, the next thing you have to do to move the account username to the previous one.
- When done with adding, you will notice that there are mutiple accounts have been added i.e. your current and the previous account and the person who has blocked you, you can find him from your new account.
4. Change Username to the Previous One
As you have created a new Instagram account, with a new username email ID a question that pops in your mind is whether you can have your previous username of the Instagram account to your current one.
Well yes, you can surely always in all ways change your username as and when you wish to do so. But, only if the username is available to be added.
Once you start a conversation with a person who has blocked your previous Instagram account you can change back your listening to the previous one.
But the main reason to change the username is to get appeared on other people’s searches as there are chances that your username is added on other social media accounts or to someone else.
To change your username you can simply go to the profile page of your Instagram account and then tap on the ‘Edit Profile’ option. From here you can change your username to the previous one.
5. Send the Person Request
After you are done with creating a new Instagram account with a new email ID and username that you have changed back to your previous one, the next thing that you have to do is to make sure that you are unblocked on someone’s Instagram account.
It is true to send a follow request to that same account or the person.
To send a follow request to the person who has blocked your previous IG account, you simply have to search for him/her from your new Instagram account on the search bar of the app itself and then send a follow request.
6. You’re Now Unblocked
- Now if you’ve already sent a follow request from your new Instagram account having your previous username all you have to do is wait for the person to accept your follow request.
- The person accepts a request and you can now again view their posts that were previously not visible to you from your blocked account. You can even send them DM or make call & video chat with that person on Instagram.
- If you can perform all the above functions using your new Instagram account in your previous username it means that you are no longer blocked.
The Bottom Lines:
This article explained the steps in order to unblock yourself when you’re blocked by someone and once you’re done with the steps, you’re unblocked.
- Find Out When Someone’s Instagram Account was Created
- How to Find Others’ Instagram Account Details?
- Instagram Video Stuck on Processing or Uploading – FIXED
- Best Instagram Profile Picture Tracker
- How to Block Direct Messages on Instagram?
- How to Fix if Instagram Archive Stories Missing?
- Can You Restore Comments on Instagram after Unblocking?
- How to Add Line Breaks in Instagram on iPhone?
- Can You See Who Views Your Instagram Profile?
- How to See Who Viewed Instagram Highlights After 48 Hours?