Your Quick Answer:
- Amazon will credit the gift card once it gets redeemed on your account and this process is instant.
- All you have to do is just go and check the balance on your gift card from here: https://amazon.com/gp/css/gc/balance.
- You should know that to redeem Amazon US Gift cards if the balance status is not claimed in order, this can be credited. You have to share the gift card ID with Amazon to inquire about it.
- There is no other additional way to this, you can select the Call method or Email, just proceed to the chat (if available) as this is the quick and best to share info like Gift card ID or claim code.
There is an alternative way that you can take to transfer the gift card to a bank account.
Let’s understand the process to unredeem the Amazon gift card and transfer that GC from one account to another.
Can you Track an Amazon gift card?
Yes, if you want to track your card you can do so like if the Gift card is redeemed or claimed in any order. In this case, you have to take the help of Amazon gift card customer service to find out if the gift card is still used or not.
How to Unredeem Amazon gift card:
If you have redeemed your gift card to a wrong Amazon account and now want it to revert it back & transfer to another account then you have to take the help of Amazon customer service to make this happen.
In my case, I just asked Amazon customer care if a gift card can be checked & reversed. I got a positive reply.
Yes, either you have a physical gift card or an E-gift card both can be traced and reversed if that has not been claimed. Just go to the help section on your Amazon.com account and initiate a chat or call with an agent and follow the steps:
- Let them know the type of your Gift Card
First thing first, at the start just inform the type of card you have whether it is a physical gift card or an e-gift card.
That is the first thing they asked for in my case.
- Share the problem and provide a gift card ID when Asked
Now, let them know how just you redeemed this wrong account and describe the problem and they will be more friendly to help you out. Information like Gift Card ID or claim code is mandatory in this step.
As you see they will need the Amazon Gift Card ID or claim code in order to check the status of the card.
- Request to Unredeem the Amazon Gift card
Finally, request them to revert the gift card to its source card ID and they will do it if that gift card has not been used in any order or claimed.
Can I Transfer the Gift card to Another Account?
Once your Gift card amount is credited back then you can redeem it to another account. Note that gift cards cannot be used to purchase digital products but you can buy Ebooks with them.
The Bottom Line:
That is true that have to take the help of the Amazon service center to unredeem a Gift card or transfer it to another account but this took only less than 15 minutes in my case to get it resolved.