If you just want to find the conversations that you’ve made hidden on your Facebook or you want to spy on others when you have the access to the device then you can find those secret conversations.
Facebook does have the option to make conversations secret or start a secret conversation. The requirement is you and the other person both should have messenger installed on their devices.
There are two conditions. Let‘s understand the secret conversations at first:
That could mean if you just ignored any chat in that case that chat will no longer be in the inbox.
If you’re on desktop you can see more of the conversations just scrolling to the bottom on Messages requests and click on the ‘See spam’ to read more Facebook conversations that are filtered.
☛ Although, you can go to the first message of a Facebook chat without hard scrolling.
Another meaning, if you choose the ‘Secret Conversation’ option from the chat that all means that the chat will be end-to-end encrypted from both sides in all devices and that secret conversation can be found on the inbox section but if deleted once still can be seen from other person’s end.
In this article, I will share the multiple ways for different devices for seeing secret conversations on Facebook Messenger or on Facebook desktop.
Can I View Deleted Secret Conversations on Messenger?
If the conversations are deleted and you want to view them then there are two ways to find those ones on Messenger. All you have to get to Messenger and if those chats are archived or moved to Spam then definitely you can see those removed messages by restoring those on inbox.
To view the deleted secret conversations on Messenger,
- First, open Facebook Messenger on your Android or iOS.
- Next, go to the ‘Recent conversations‘ section.
- Now, you can use the search bar to see the conversation you archived on Facebook before.
- If you can see that conversation, just tap on the three-dots icon and then tap on ‘Hidden chats‘ then reply to that to restore that conversation on inbox.
Now in another case, if the messages are in spam just go to the ‘Message requests‘ and from the spam or filtered section just reply to the chat conversation to restore into the inbox.
View Hidden secret conversation on Facebook – Android
The secret chat conversations can be found on Messenger. If you just have removed the chat from inbox to Spam then just follow these steps to restore those back onto the Messenger inbox:
- First of all, open the Facebook Messenger app and search for all online conversations in the messaging section.
- Then search for the name of an individual with whom you started the secret conversation or want to start with.
- If the chat you’ve ignored before then just go to the ‘Message requests‘ section and from the ‘Spam‘ section you can restore the chat.
- Although, from the search bar you can find the person, and then tapping on his/her name you can open the chat. Replying to the chat of that person with any message will move it back to the messenger inbox.
By doing so, you will reach the chatbox of that individual and can view your previous messages.
Can you see secret conversations on Messenger from another phone?
You may ask if the secret conversation is available on all devices or not. Yes, it is. Even you can see the chat on the Facebook desktop, there are a few points I have added to this:
- On any devices, the secret conversations are end-to-end encrypted.
- The chat is created in a different chat rather than the original chat.
- The chat is accessible on any devices you login for both of the persons.
In case of the removed, ignored, or archived messages you can restore the messages if the chat is not deleted from Facebook.
Finding secret conversations on Messenger on iPhone
For iPhone users, from both sides, if Messenger is installed then you could start the secret conversation on the go. First of all, make sure the chat is available in your inbox, if not send the first message to the person. Then you can make a different chat with the person that will be completely a secret conversation.
If you want to view secret conversations on Facebook on your iPhone, then it is easy to find them on the app. Follow these simple steps and you will be able to reach towards the secret messages:
- Firstly, you need to open up the Facebook Messenger app on the iPhone, and head towards the messaging center of the app.
- Once you open up the messaging area, search for the person’s name you would like to contact and have a secret conversation. View previous chats of yours with that person.
- After finding the name of an individual and choosing the icon, tap on ‘Go to secret conversation‘.
- The chat of secret conversation is depicted in black color and if you want to view the conversations then open up the icon of secret conversations.
N.B. The secret conversation is locked and depicted with black color.
How to decrypt secret conversations on Facebook?
People send business-related information and want to keep that information secret and in order to decrypt that chat you need to follow a few steps.
To get a view of this secret information on Facebook without causing any harm to the information, focus on the steps to decrypt any information like messages:
- When you get an encrypted message, you need to decrypt it first. Copy and paste the message into text.
- Once you are done with this, a secret key will be provided to you by the sender. With the help of that key, you can decrypt the message. To get correct information go ahead with the key.
- Paste the message and enter the key, and then tap on the decrypt option.
- Finally, read the original message.
That’s all you’ve to do.
How to Track the secret conversation on Facebook?
Facebook made its platform more secure and if you ask to spy on someone this absolutely not possible without a third-party app. Although, that app should have some permission allow from the person you want to spy. So, if you are a parent and want to track secret conversations of your child you can do it in two ways, either through the Facebook Messenger login to other devices or with the help of a third-party app.
In order to track the secret conversation or all of the Facebook chathead conversation from Facebook app:
- Firstly, head towards the Messenger app and choose login on the device (Facebook allows multiple accounts to sign-in in a single app).
- Select the secret conversation or any chat you wish to track and all of the messages will be displayed to you without any notification to that person.
This is the way in which you can track your own messages, but if you want to track others’ messages, you should have access to that individual’s ID and password. If the owner of that account has adjusted time with the message then the message will disappear. To combat this situation, you need a third-party app like iKeyMonitor that can actually track down all of the social media chats that are connected with the tool.
The Bottom Lines:
Hope it’s clear that the secret conversation is just end-to-end encrypted that can be seen on all devices you log in will be encrypted. To view that just go to Facebook or Messenger and find that conversation with a lock icon. Also, if you want to find the ignored chats just find that from the ‘Message requests’ section.
- How to Track Someone’s Location on Facebook Messenger?
- Stop Receiving Messages on Facebook from Strangers – Ways
- See Someone’s Hidden Friends On Facebook – Viewer Link
- How to Forward a Message on Messenger? – Automatically
- Why Can’t I Find or Add Someone on Facebook? – FIXED
- 4 Ways to Save the whole Facebook Conversation – Tools
- How Does Facebook Suggest Friends in 2021?
- Top 11 Facebook Private Profile Viewers [Download LIST]
- View Locked/Private Facebook Profiles or Photos
- How to Switch Back to Classic Facebook Layout? – Extension