Your Quick Answer:
- If it is not downloading files either the downloading button is not displaying, or the button is not working; however, the same files are downloading on mobile perfectly. Then, it is the issue occurring in your WhatsApp web.
- You can restart your browser, and still, if it does not work, restart your PC or laptop. After this, it will work, if not, then read our further article.
- To successfully download the files, you can try to access WhatsApp web from different browsers; if you don’t want to then you can simply restart WhatsApp web or clear the cache and cookies of your browser.
- If still not working, check the internet connection or try after disabling all of the extensions in the browser.
You can also do this in case of status,
- Install any WhatsApp status downloader extension on your device.
- Enter into the WhatsApp web onto your PC.
- Tap on the extension and it would be able to do several things including downloads of status.
If you can’s open any files on WhatsApp web, then try a few steps to open any PDF files on WhatsApp Web.
In this article, there are the main reasons why files are not downloading. In addition, added a guide to many different ways to resolve this problem. Follow the guide solutions to fix your WhatsApp web.
Why does WhatsApp Web Fail to Download Files?
There can be many reasons that your WhatsApp web failed the download or maybe did not even initiate the download files.
Let’s discuss the issues in detail:
- Sometimes you click to block without noticing what is being said. Maybe you pressed the block to pop-up, which asks for permission to download the files.
- It may be the reason that your system date and time are not updated and showing old dates and times. Update the clock and calendar to solve it.
- If you think this is happening because of any bugs and cache, you can delete the cache and cookies to solve it.
- Some extensions block the downloading and create issues for downloading media and files. Disable the extensions temporarily to check if its the reason or not.
- The reason for not downloading highly depends on internet connectivity. Check your internet or restart the router to solve it.
- If your internet is working properly and refresh the whatsapp web page does not open then there might be WhatsApp server issue that happens very rarely.
Fix if WhatsApp Web is not Downloading any Files
If you see the WhatsApp web is not downloading any files on click or not popping with downloads in your PC then there might be some issues. Let’s find and fix these:
1. Reset WhatsApp web
If you are again and again failing to download media in WhatsApp Web or if it’s not even initiated, the first best option to do is to reset and reconnect to WhatsApp web. To resolve the bugs, it’s the immediate way to rule out the issue.
For doing this, you need to follow the easy guide mentioned below.
Step 1: Firstly, open WhatsApp on your Android device.
Step 2: Secondly, tap the three dots on the top right of your mobile screen.
Step 3: Then, go to the “Linked Devices” option from the list.
Step 4: After that, press the Google Chrome browser button, which shows your PC login information.
Step 5: Furthermore, confirm to log out of the browser or you can directly log out from the PC.
Step 6: In your PC WhatsApp browser, Click on the three dots visible in the left panel then, click logout to complete.
Step 7: Then, this has disconnected you from WhatsApp Web. Now, open the web.whatsapp.com in your PC browser.
Step 8: Furthermore, tap the three dots in your phone again and open the “Linked Devices” to reconnect.
Step 9: Finally, scan the phone QR Code in the PC browser to reconnect WhatsApp. Now, you may be able to download your files.
2. Change your Browser
It might be a reason that your current browser is not up to date or not supporting the downloading because of bugs.
In this case, you can switch to different browsers such as Firefox, Google Chrome, Bing, Google, Yahoo, etc.
It’s very easy to access WhatsApp Web in different browsers; just follow the step guide:
Step 1: Firstly, open any different browser available on your PC like chrome, safari, etc.
Step 2: In the search bar, type web.whatsapp.com and search it.
Step 3: Finally, Scan the QR code from your mobile to link the device and log in.
3. Disable Browser Extensions for a while
You can temporarily disable all the chrome extensions from your Google Chrome browser because sometimes extensions like Adblock and VPNs create issues in downloading files.
By disabling the issue of the extension resolved, which it might create. Also, you can download the files you want.
It is very simple to disable browser extension; just follow the below steps:
Step 1: Firstly, open your Google chrome browser.
Step 2: Then, click on “Customize and Control Google Chrome” in the top right corner to open tools.
Step 3: Furthermore, click on the “Settings” option.
Step 4: Now, open the “Extensions“.
Step 5: Then, untick the box of the “Enable” button. Now, do this for all the extensions to disable the extension temporarily.
However, you can again start all the extensions by ticking the enable button.
Step 6: Furthermore, you need to open the WhatsApp Web in the browser.
Step 7: Finally, log in to your WhatsApp web by scanning the QR code.
4. Clear Your Cache and Cookies
Sometimes clearing all cache and cookies will resolve all the issues. Don’t worry! Deleting cache and cookies will only delete the temporary files and will not delete any stored files and browsing data.
Let’s discuss the steps to do this in the Google Chrome browser:
Step 1: Firstly, open the Google Chrome browser.
Step 2: Secondly, click three dots on the top right of the screen.
Step 3: Then, click on the “Settings” option.
Step 4: After that, on the next screen, find and click on “Advanced“.
Step 5: Then, click on “Clear browsing data”.
Step 6: Furthermore, tick the boxes of “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files”.
Step 7: Finally, click the ”Clear data” button to clear the cache and cookies.
5. Check Internet Connection or Restart Router
Sometimes the download button gets disabled due to an unstable internet connection on your PC. In this situation, you can check in the system after that, restart to resolve the issue.
Let’s discuss some steps to checking the stability of your internet:
Step 1: Firstly, open the control panel of your system.
Step 2: Then, click on “Network and Internet”.
Step 3: Further, select the “Network and Sharing Center”.
Step 4: Now, click on the option “Troubleshoot Problems”.
Step 5: Then, run the Internet Connections troubleshooter.
Finally, address these issues if found.
If it’s still not working, close your router for 5 to 10 minutes and restart it. It will fix all the remaining issues in the network.
The Bottom Lines:
The article explained the reasons behind the gray icon of download on WhatsApp web and not downloading any files. You should use the methods in order to fix the issue that I have mentioned above in this article.
- How to Get Notified if Someone Comes Online On WhatsApp
- 6 Best WhatsApp Spy Apps for iOS
- 4 Best WhatsApp Status Viewer Apps – without being seen
- How to See Hidden or Blocked WhatsApp Status – 2022
- How to Know if your WhatsApp is Monitored by Someone?
- 7 Best WhatsApp Online Notification Tracker Apps – FREE
- How To Hide Whatsapp Chats without Archive and Delete?
- WhatsApp Banned: The reasons and Solutions
- WhatsApp Web is Not Downloading Files (Fixed) – PDF and others
- How to Open PDF File on WhatsApp Web without Download