Your Quick Answer:
- To fix ‘You are being rate limited’ on Discord, you can switch to another internet connection which will help you log in instantly, or try a VPN. Install any VPN, and use that to open discord.
- If this does not work out, you better contact discord support. Log in and go to: https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/requests/new, click on the ‘drop-down’ arrow, and select > “Help & Support”. Enter all the required details and submit.
- The most prominent reason for being rate-limited on Discord can be multiple failed login attempts too, without a proper time gap.
- Login issues can be due to multiple reasons such as discord having temporarily blocked you from noticing some inappropriate activity, unauthorized access, or poor internet connections.
- You will get an accurate solution for your issue.
Video on How to Fix You are being rate limited on Discord:
Why Does It Show ‘You are being rate limited on Discord’?
The following can be the reasons for getting the notification:
1. Discord Temporarily Blocked you
Discord may have temporarily blocked you, due to some inappropriate action, because of which you are unable to log in to your account. And as you have attempted too many times, it is showing “you are being rate limited on Discord”.
Since, discord has temporarily blocked you, after some days it will lift the block and you will be able to use discord again like before.
However, since you have been blocked once, all your activity will be monitored by Discord. Hence you have to be very careful about the activity you do on Discord.
2. To Prevent Unauthorized Access
Another prominent reason for this notification can be, that someone other than you is trying to log in to your account.
As you know, the notification, “you are being rate limited on Discord” is only shown when there are too many log-in attempts, continuously. Seeing this activity, discord many have found something fishy, hence to prevent unauthorized access or a harmful reach to your account, discord is showing that when you are logging in.
Well, if this is the reason, then you do not have to worry. It will be all fine in a few hours. You have to wait for a few hours, without doing anything with your discord account and once the line is clear, try logging in.
Make sure, at least for this time you do not take more than one attempt.
How to Fix You are being rate limited on Discord?
There are many short methods to fix this issue:
1. Switch To a Different Internet Connection
The poor internet connection can be a reason for not being able to log-in in one attempt. Hence, it is recommended to either switch to a different internet connection or wi-fi.
Everything that is fully operated via the internet, requires a strong internet to run. If it does not get the required speed, then it will create such problems.
“You are being rate limited on Discord”, is majorly shown to the user, when there are too many failed attempts to log in. and if you do not have a strong internet connection, you won’t be able to log in.
Hence, to fix this issue, switch to a different internet connection and then log in. it will work.
2. Try a VPN
VPN is basically a mask behind which your IP address will hide. This won’t let Discord know about you and somewhat can help you fix the “you are being rate limited on Discord” issue.
Now, what you have to do is, download a VPN. There are tons of free VPN providers available on the Internet. You just have to visit their website and install it in your system.
For reference, use – “ProtonVPN”. At present this VPN provider is very famous and is easy to install.
🔴 Steps To Use VPN:
Step 1: Go to the official site of ‘ProtonVPN’, that is: https://protonvpn.com/.
Step 2: Next, on the screen, you will see an option to “Get ProtonVPN free”. To download click on this option.
Step 3: Once installed, open it and create an account.
Step 4: For free access, tap on the ‘GET FREE’ button.
Step 5: Download VPN clients from the selected options.
Step 6: Thereafter, when you will open, on the left side you will find an option, to connect, that is, > “Quick Connect”. Click on it to connect for free.
Step 7: After successfully connecting, open your Discord account.
Your problem of being rate-limited will be resolved by this.
3. Wait a While before Retrying
In between each fail-to-log the attempt you have to wait for at least 5 minutes. If you will continuously go on trying to log in after each failed attempt, this problem of being rate-limited will occur.
Now, to fix this rate limited issue on Discord, you have to wait for 15 to 30 minutes, before the next try.
In this duration of 30 minutes, close the “Discord login” tab, refresh your server and then re-try.
Also, enter the correct user ID and password. Try not to enter an incorrect ID password, otherwise, it will create more issues.
4. Contact Discord Support
If nothing works out, then the last effective option is to “Contact Discord Support”. As you don’t know the correct reason for the “You are being rate limited on Discord” issue, trying all solutions will take more time and can probably make the case worse.
Hence it is suggested, that if in two or three solutions, the issue didn’t get a fix, then you better reach out to “Discord Support”.
Steps to contact discord support-
Step 1: Use the given link to directly land on the ‘Discord Support’ section: https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Step 2: Next, below the “What can we help you with?” space, click on the ‘drop-down’ arrow, and from the list, select > “Help & Support”.
Step 3: Now, on the screen, you will see multiple questions. Fill out the questions with accurate details and also, describe your issue.
Step 4: At the end, hit the “Submit” button and wait for the response.
Follow the instructions/solution given by the ‘Discord Support’ and your problem will be solved.
The Bottom Lines:
Users may face this “You are being rate limited on Discord” issue, mainly because of multiple failed log-in attempts and also due to many other reasons, such as due to inappropriate activity, Discord would have temporarily blocked the account.
The solutions for all possible reasons for this issue are been mentioned in the article. Try and see which solution helps you resolve your problem.
- How to Change Your Discord Background?
- How to Recover Discord Account without Email
- How to Remove 2FA from Discord without Code?
- How to Join a Discord Server without an Invite?
- How to Make Reaction Roles on the Discord Server?
- How to Leave a Discord Server?
- How to Copy the Message ID on Discord?
- How to Make a Public Discord Server?
- How to Link YouTube to Discord?
- How to Log Out of Your Discord Account on Mobile/PC