Your Quick Answer:
- If your YouTube email notifications are not working then first, check if your app notifications are turned on, go to “Settings” and tap on the option “YouTube”.
- Now go to “Notifications” and tap on the button beside “Allow Notifications” to make it green, which means the notifications are turned on.
- Sometimes you get logged out of your account for security purposes. To check if you are logged in to your account, open the YouTube app and tap on the option at the top right extreme of the screen.
- If you do not see your name and profile picture in the next tab, you are logged out and need to log in again.
- You can enable channel notifications by going to the profile icon, tapping on “Settings” and then going to the “Notifications” option. Here, tap on “Channel settings”.
- In the next tab, tap on the bell icon beside the channel name you are not receiving notifications.
- You have to enable “Background App Refresh” to receive notifications, go to the “General” option in “Settings” and tap on the option “Background App Refresh”. Now go to the YouTube option and tap on the option beside it to enable it to refresh in the background.
You can turn off Silent mode and Do Not Disturb Mode on your phone to receive notifications, go to “Settings” and tap on “Focus”. In the next tab, tap on the option “Do Not Disturb” to turn it off.
Why are My YouTube Email Notifications not Working?
There are the following reasons why your Notifications may not be working:
1. Enable Notification Settings on your iPhone:
Often, people tend to turn off their app notifications and forget about having done so. This is the most common reason people do not receive email notifications. Therefore, the first course of action should be to check if the app notifications for YouTube are turned on or not.
You can do so easily by following the step-by-step method mentioned here.
Step 1: Open the “Settings” app
The first step you have to follow is to open the “Settings” app on your iPhone and search for the option that says “YouTube”. It will be quite lower down the list of options, so you need to scroll quite a bit.
Step 2: Go to “Notifications”
Now that you are in the “YouTube” tab of the “Settings”, you have to tap on the option “Notifications”. In the next tab, you will see the first option, “Allow Notifications”.
If the option beside it is turned off, this is the reason why you’re not getting notifications of the emails. Tap on it to turn it on and green. Now you will regularly get your notifications.
Video on Why are My YouTube Email Notifications not working:
2. Check if not Logged out of YouTube:
Sometimes when you update the app or have changed the passwords to your Google accounts, you are logged out of your account on YouTube. You can easily check whether or not you are logged in to your YouTube account.
Follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Open the app
The first step you have to follow is to open the tab from your phone’s home screen. This action will lead you to the feed page of YouTube, where you can see videos uploaded by the channels you follow.
Step 2: Tap on the “Profile” icon
Move your attention to the top right corner of the screen, where you will see the “Profile” icon. This will be a miniature of your Google profile picture or the default avatar.
If you see your account name here with your profile picture or without, you are logged in. If that is not the case, you are logged out and need to log in to receive emails.
3. Enable Channel Notifications Settings:
It might be so that you’re receiving notification updates from most of the channels you subscribed to except a few. For this, you would have to go through these channels’ notifications individually. The steps below will guide you through it.
Step 1: Go to the Profile icon
Open the Instagram app from the home screen of your phone. Here, you will notice an option at the top right corner of your screen. This is the “Profile” icon, and it will resemble your Google profile photo. Tap on this option.
Step 2: Go to “Settings”> “Notifications”
Now that you are in the profile section, tap on the “Settings” option and then go to the “Notifications” tab by tapping the “Notifications” option.
Step 3: Go to “Channel settings”> Tap on the bell icon
Under the “Notifications” tab, you will see the option “Channel settings”. In the next tab, you will see a list of channels you have subscribed to. Beside each channel, the name will be a bell icon or the notification icon. You have to tab on this icon for the channels you do not receive notifications.
4. Turn On Background App refresh (iPhone):
To be able to send you notifications, YouTube needs to work in the background. For doing so, it needs to have individual permissions. Sometimes, the user does not provide these permissions, which is why the all is not able to send related notifications.
Step 1: Go to “Settings” > “General”
The first step you must follow is to go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone and search for the option “General”. Tap on the option.
Step 2: Go to “Background App Refresh”
Once in the “General” section of your settings, tap on the option that says “Background App Refresh”. Look for the option that says “YouTube”.
You will notice that there is an option beside it. Tap on it to make it green. This means that the option is enabled, and now you will receive notifications.
5. Disable don’t Disturb/Turn Off Silent Mode:
When people are at work or just busy, they often turn on the Do Not Disturb or Silent modes on their phones. This disables all notifications from entering the phone and may be why you are not receiving YouTube notifications. To receive these notifications that you are missing out on, you have to turn off these modes. Here is how to turn it off using an iPhone.
Step 1: Go to “Settings”> “Focus”
The first step you have to follow to disable this mode is to go to the “Settings” option. You have to now search for the option that says “Focus”. Tap on it.
Step 2: Disable Do Not Disturb Mode
Once you are in the “Focus” tab of settings, you will see that the first option says “Do Not Disturb”. You have to disable it by tapping on it. Now you will receive all notifications.
The Bottom Lines:
Here you know why your YouTube email notifications are not working. Hopefully, you also learned during this article how you could solve this problem if it happens to have, unfortunately, affected you. It’s hard to know which one of the above is the exact reason you are not receiving notifications, so try all of them one by one until you feel you have solved your problem.
- How To Find Unlisted Youtube Videos
- How To Upload To Youtube From Google Drive
- How To Remove YouTube Shorts From History?
- I Forgot My Youtube Channel Email – What To Do
- Video paused. Continue watching? – YouTube [FIXED]
- How To Recover Deleted Youtube Channel?
- How to Find Someone on YouTube By Email?
- Why are the YouTube Email Notifications not working?
- How to Fix Comment Failed to Post on YouTube?
- What is the Join button on YouTube Channels? – How to Add